Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:06:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to rent a flat in Berlin(?) for bitcoin  (Read 4082 times)
Daily Anarchist (OP)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

Hello,

I'm thinking seriously about spending a year, give or take, living in Berlin. Although I could be persuaded to a different city. Ideally I'd really like to pay for rent in bitcoin, but I don't want to limit my options on where to live. The absolute max I'm looking to pay is 650 Euro per month, but 500 would be much better. A fully furnished one bedroom would be fine. I'm also not opposed to living in an old lady's house. I had a buddy years ago who was living upstairs from an elderly couple. They had turned the attic into an apartment. Rent was cheap. It was nice.

There are a couple things that are super important to me.

1. It's got to be furnished. I've lived in Germany twice before and both times I lived like a vagabond in unfurnished studio apartments because I couldn't justify buying furniture if I knew I'd have to turn around a year later and get rid of it all. Pots and pans, a bed, couches, are all very important, including internet and cable ready. I really don't want to have to sign up with any utilities companies.

2. I have no intention of leaving after 90 days. By law I can only spend 90 out of 180 days in the Schengen Zone. I need a landlord who's totally okay with an illegal immigrant living under their roof.

3. The apartment needs to be centrally located. I want to be able to step out my door and be within walking distance of a lot of fun stuff. U-Bahn, S-Bahn are okay, too. Berlin is a big city, I get it.

That's about it. If you know of a way to get this sort of thing I'd love some help. I'm thinking of arriving in December of this year, give or take.

Thanks!!

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:29:16 AM

...including internet and cable ready. I really don't want to have to sign up with any utilities companies.
Already here we have a problem: in Germany the person owning the access to the internet is responsible for what happens there. Recently there were a few lawsuits that look promising of weakening this, but in general giving anyone internet access who isn't you yourself is a risk I wouldn't take and few others are willing to take.

I need a landlord who's totally okay with an illegal immigrant living under their roof.
Dafuq?!

Well... good luck to both you and your future landlord.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

I've already found a few places that come with internet. Also, I have friends who have had landlords that never bothered to ask for visas. And they overstayed their welcome no problem. Fact is, there are tons of illegal immigrants in Germany. I'm sure they can handle one more.

david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:50:30 AM

Fact is, there are tons of illegal immigrants in Germany.
Then you should ask them for help I suggest. o_O
minime

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:47:42 AM

I've already found a few places that come with internet. Also, I have friends who have had landlords that never bothered to ask for visas. And they overstayed their welcome no problem. Fact is, there are tons of illegal immigrants in Germany. I'm sure they can handle one more.
you wont find any who gives you Internet access.. especially not with you nick name... but you could get prepaid surf sicks...
did not know that one could be illegally in Germany
Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Am I missing something here? These seem like they have internet included:

http://berlin.de.craigslist.de/apa/4480729628.html

http://berlin.de.craigslist.de/apa/4470627570.html

If not, I'm not opposed to paying for my own subscription. The problem is that the US feds have passed terrible legislation, namely FATCA, that has made it too onerous for foreign banks to want to deal with Americans, so it's essentially becoming, very soon, impossible for Americans to have foreign bank accounts. There must be a way to pay bills in Germany with cash only.

minime

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:27:44 PM

Am I missing something here? These seem like they have internet included:

http://berlin.de.craigslist.de/apa/4480729628.html

http://berlin.de.craigslist.de/apa/4470627570.html

If not, I'm not opposed to paying for my own subscription. The problem is that the US feds have passed terrible legislation, namely FATCA, that has made it too onerous for foreign banks to want to deal with Americans, so it's essentially becoming, very soon, impossible for Americans to have foreign bank accounts. There must be a way to pay bills in Germany with cash only.
you kidding me why should an us citizen not be allowed to have an oversee bank account? What if you have the idea to buy a holiday house somewhere in germany or any other country?? does not make any sense...
germany is much more cashless than the usa.. all "contracts" are being payed via bank transfer
if people offer with inet than take it
bittybox

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:32:21 PM

2. I have no intention of leaving after 90 days. By law I can only spend 90 out of 180 days in the Schengen Zone. I need a landlord who's totally okay with an illegal immigrant living under their roof.

Won´t work for long time!

Definitive wrong! If illegal immigrants enter Germany, then because they want to gain residence permission on long term.

I am wondering when you are saying you lived before in germany. Germany should be one of the worst countrys in the world for illegal immigrants if they plan to stay there illegaly. Not only the police is bossy, also the germans are in general a mistrustful folk.
That means if you meet a policemen he will definitively ask your for a passport and check it.
If you are in any kind "different" you will be observed from the germans and some could also call the police for you.

Though Berlin is certainly better then Munich or Hamburg, especially if you live in a region with many foreigners.
Anyway you should really look for other countrys, depending why you are illegal or why you don´t want to stay in your home country there are for sure better choices.
Daily Anarchist (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 08:39:59 PM

Actually, I just discovered how easy it is to get a student visa. All I have to do is take some language classes at German Language School and that should secure my Visa for a year.

I've lived in Germany twice and never got asked for my passport. I could easily get by living there without a visa. The trick is leaving the country without being found out. Based on some research I've found that if you over stay your welcome in a place like Germany, it's best to leave from Spain or Greece, because those guys don't give a rat's ass and just send you through. But if you leave from Germany they'll stamp Illegal Immigrant on your passport on your way out and it'll be difficult to get back in.

I don't really expect non-anarchists to understand. When I still used to believe in the state, I was against illegal immigrants. Now I realize the state is just a criminal organization and has no right to tell people where they can and cannot go.

But again, don't really expect statists to understand. Fortunately, there's a growing community of anarchists in Germany.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: