Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Operational Distributed Regulation for Bitcoin  (Read 724 times)
cryptocurrencylive (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Live News

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:49:21 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 05:17:14 AM by cryptocurrencylive

Operational Distributed Regulation for Bitcoin

Abstract
On February 2014, $650.000.000 worth of Bitcoins disappeared. Currently it is unclear whether hackers or MtGox, the largest Bitcoin exchange, are to be blamed. In either case, the anonymous and unregulated nature of the Bitcoin system makes it practically impossible for innocent victims to get their money back. We have investigated the technical possibilities, solutions and implications of introducing a regulatory framework based on redlisting Bitcoin accounts. Despite numerous proposals, the Bitcoin community has voiced a strong opinion against any form of regulation. However, most of the discussions were based on speculations rather than facts. We strive to contribute a scientific foundation to these discussions and illuminate the path to crypto-justice.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.5440v1.pdf

Crypto Currency Live News

http://cryptocurrencylive.com/newest
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:21:44 AM

Every time I read a paper prepared by guided grad students it reminds me of how much crap I used to spew out in college to get a grade. This paper reminds me of a 600 level group paper I worked on. I read that paper again several years after graduating and wondered how I actually managed to graduate. Guidance professors are proof that those that can't do - teach.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: