Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:47:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "I want to help bitcoin startups," says karpeles  (Read 1466 times)
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:03:50 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111940/karpeles-i-can-help-bitcoin-startups?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

“My experience would be valuable to them, especially if they are thinking of starting up a Bitcoin business. I can tell them what they should do and shouldn't.”

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:10:56 PM

Grin i have many bitcoin to spend and wash ... (decrytogramm by media-mass)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

Fuck off Karpeles >_< I don't need your help, I'm just going to consider you another of the many warnings from history that are everywhere if you know where to look.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:14:47 PM

Fool me once shame on you   fool me twice shame on me... You let greed come before you fellow man..I realize everyone should get a second chance but in no way should you be giving any kind of advice.. whatsoever!!!Nor should you be in charge of a large financial exchange Ever Again!!!!  Just imagine where Bitcoin would be without these types of scandals.  

In Bitcoin We Trust
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4451

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:19:03 PM

karpeles wants to be greedy again and says its to help generate funds to repay debt. he said he wants to sell off a few big domains like bitcoins.com etc..

in another thread about this i replied: so ill be lazy and copy and paste it as its worth repeating
auction off domain names..

lol

he is already a domain name provider (kalyhost) so now he wants to sell domain names that are normally only a few dollars.. for thousands.

what he should do is find the mtgox customers that have most debt, and give them the most valued domain name as collateral. thus the person in debt can sell it and get reimbursed

he also wants to become a consultant and get paid to do speaches about bitcoin and talk about his story.....

mark karpales, your pure cheek!!

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:24:13 PM

karpeles wants to be greedy again and says its to help generate funds to repay debt. he said he wants to sell off a few big domains like bitcoins.com etc..

in another thread about this i replied: so ill be lazy and copy and paste it as its worth repeating

lol

he is already a domain name provider (kalyhost) so now he wants to sell domain names that are normally only a few dollars.. for thousands.

what he should do is find the mtgox customers that have most debt, and give them the most valued domain name as collateral. thus the person in debt can sell it and get reimbursed

he also wants to become a consultant and get paid to do speaches about bitcoin and talk about his story.....

Mark Karpeles , if he did not commit outright theft and fraud, is at minimum guilty of criminal negligence, IMO.
As CEO of the biggest exchange, you don't just let hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins walk without noticing.

Why aren't more high level people saying this?  This is insane!

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:36:23 PM

Mark Karpeles , if he did not commit outright theft and fraud, is at minimum guilty of criminal negligence, IMO.
As CEO of the biggest exchange, you don't just let hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins walk without noticing.

they are saying it. they high level people (foundation) actually went to japan to look over his systems and investigate it. they cannot talk about it publicly because a police investigation is still ongoing.

even though karpeles has appointed a trustee to be the skape-goat of the bankrupcy. allowing karpeles a "free-pass" in that respect, he can still be charged with negligence. we just have to wait and see what the investigation reveals...

karpeles is now trying to find a new scape-goat to be CEO of Tibanne and kalyhost, so that those businesses wont be used as collateral, and appoint himself as just a advisor/consultant/technician/coder.

pure cheek!

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

they are saying it. they high level people (foundation) actually went to japan to look over his systems and investigate it. they cannot talk about it publicly because a police investigation is still ongoing.

even though karpeles has appointed a trustee to be the skape-goat of the bankrupcy. allowing karpeles a "free-pass" in that respect, he can still be charged with negligence. we just have to wait and see what the investigation reveals...

Well I sure hope he is charged and convicted of negligence, because if this ain't it, I don't know what is.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:50:38 PM

Well I sure hope he is charged and convicted of negligence, because if this ain't it, I don't know what is.

he thinks he will get away with it, thats why he is planning his future career being a consultant. rather then doing pelvic exercises to plan for his sexual exploits in prison with a future cell-mate

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:54:06 PM

Has he blown through that BTC500,000 already?

Must be drinking too many lattes.

Where's our money Karpeles? 

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

Has he blown through that BTC500,000 already?

Must be drinking too many lattes.

Where's our money Karpeles?  

nah i think he has been secretly adviced, whilst kind of unemployed to not touch the hidden stash he has. but to start showing large incomes from selling business assets and doing consultation work to slowly add a few hidden bitcoins in with his *cough* real income, to avoid explanation of how he can suddenly afford things he will be buying in the near future.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:04:40 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111940/karpeles-i-can-help-bitcoin-startups?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

“My experience would be valuable to them, especially if they are thinking of starting up a Bitcoin business. I can tell them what they should do and shouldn't.”

lolol thanks Mark, but no thanks.
We all believe u did enough damage; if only some other exchange had mt.gox place and traffic, i doubt bitcoin would have so much "bad history"
Anyways all his recent trying to get back to the scene is pathetic, he should first re-imburst his victims first, and then try to make something new happen.

shoo Mark shoo
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:53:42 PM

lol

I'm rather glad to take a break from hearing about Karpeles and the whole Gox fiasco.   It's not a great story for adoption.

But yes, criminal negligence indeed...
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

While technically true, I'm sure his experience would be helpful, the wounds are so sore right now that there is no way this statement can go over well.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:40:59 PM

The equivalent of putting a drug addict in charge of a pharmacy.  Right. 
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

Negligence is not a crime in this situation. Unless he stole the coins of facilitated the theft of the coins in some way he is unlikely to be convicted of anything.  

This spot for rent.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:47:54 PM

Negligence is not a crime in this situation. Unless he stole the coins of facilitated the theft of the coins in some way he is unlikely to be convicted of anything.  

Why is it not a crime in this situation?

Is that your personal opinion, or do you have a legal based argument why it wouldn't be..
Because I could certainly give you a legal argument why it would be.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:52:44 PM

If he really wanted to help Bitcoin startups he could just give the Bitcoins back to the ones he stole from.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:54:52 PM

lol

It is very dangerous if people still hold their domain/website at Kalyhost. Given the person MK is, he may sell of other people's domain/website and demand those have been hacked.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:56:26 PM

The only thing he could consult on, is how to steal from an exchange and get away with it. Any new start up should stay away from him. He is a plague in the bitcoin sector, any business associated with him will automatically have negative reputation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: