Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:01:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ashton kutcher talks about bitcoin, again  (Read 2324 times)
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:30:53 PM

i don't doubt that ashton kutcher wants bitcoin to succeed. i just don't know the reasons why he wants it to. i'm not really a fan of his either, since he is more of a celebrity than he is an actor.

He's an actor first and foremost. Blame his 'celebrity' status on the media or society.

Ashton Kutcher can't be that great of an investor, didn't he try to restart myspace?  Did it fail pretty bad?

Plus who cares what he does...He is out to look out for himself not anyone else...

I can neither confirm nor deny that but if it's true I don't think you can write him off as an investor just because of that. I think even the greatest of investors will have failed investments.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

i don't doubt that ashton kutcher wants bitcoin to succeed. i just don't know the reasons why he wants it to. i'm not really a fan of his either, since he is more of a celebrity than he is an actor.

He's an actor first and foremost. Blame his 'celebrity' status on the media or society.

Ashton Kutcher can't be that great of an investor, didn't he try to restart myspace?  Did it fail pretty bad?

Plus who cares what he does...He is out to look out for himself not anyone else...

I can neither confirm nor deny that but if it's true I don't think you can write him off as an investor just because of that. I think even the greatest of investors will have failed investments.

That is true, I am sure they have.  I just don't think Ashton is very intelligent or is good at investing.  Its just my personal opinion though doesn't mean much.

Beliathon

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

This isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement, because by portraying bitcoin as the other side of the "barbell" against blue chip stocks, he's suggesting it's the hyperaggressive high risk portion of the barbell strategy. Probably pretty accurate advice, but the implication is probably not what people invested in bitcoin necessarily want to hear.

talking about bitcoin as a high risk is actually good and sound investment advice
Agreed, because most 'muritards don't have the maturity / patience necessary to reap the reward of a middle to long-term investment. Ours is an instant-gratification get-rich-quick culture.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:39:53 AM

This isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement, because by portraying bitcoin as the other side of the "barbell" against blue chip stocks, he's suggesting it's the hyperaggressive high risk portion of the barbell strategy. Probably pretty accurate advice, but the implication is probably not what people invested in bitcoin necessarily want to hear.

talking about bitcoin as a high risk is actually good and sound investment advice
Agreed, because most 'muritards don't have the maturity / patience necessary to reap the reward of a middle to long-term investment. Ours is an instant-gratification get-rich-quick culture.

I think another issue is the lack of ability to determine the actual amount of risk various investments carry. I think part of this is just the inability to take the time to do the appropriate amount of research.

This spot for rent.
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:16:04 AM

I think he has so much of his money tied up in Bitcoin specific ventures, he probably has people around him telling him not to pay attention to any of the other coins

leex1528

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:46:06 PM

I guess I just don't take him too seriously.  He isn't risking a lot like the rest of us are. 

He is worth roughly 140 million dollars.  I am guessing he *Might* have around 1 million invested in bit coins. 

So less than 1 % of his money is actually invested in bitcoins...Where I know a lot of people have up to 50% of their money on the forums....

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

I guess I just don't take him too seriously.  He isn't risking a lot like the rest of us are. 

He is worth roughly 140 million dollars.  I am guessing he *Might* have around 1 million invested in bit coins. 

So less than 1 % of his money is actually invested in bitcoins...Where I know a lot of people have up to 50% of their money on the forums....

I saw a video where one guy sold a kidney to purchase a Monarch.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:48:31 PM

LOL

I hope he is enjoying his imaginary monarch
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

Just some actor, I dont really care. The only good thing I can say about this is it might bring new folks to the BTC side. What else can u say about this kind of news? I never like celebrity news, i am always hatin.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:08:32 PM

LOL

I hope he is enjoying his imaginary monarch
It's a nice car, but hardly worth a kidney.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

Hopefully he can awaken some of his followers to buy BTC, who might not of otherwise. If so then, this is a success to me.

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:29:55 PM

Ugh why do people even care about him?

From my standpoint he's not even attractive, he's a lousy actor he's starred in really crappy films so any financial advice or any decisions he's made with his money are stupid. Not to mention the fact he gave up DEMI MOORE!!! Who would even do that? Who?

Anyways, I'm glad more celebs are getting into the crypto world but I don't really want Ashton up there on the top list.

What else could I say?
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:00:07 AM

Just some actor, I dont really care. The only good thing I can say about this is it might bring new folks to the BTC side. What else can u say about this kind of news? I never like celebrity news, i am always hatin.
People care about him because he has stared in TV shows and movies that people have enjoyed. He is a household name.

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: