Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain is shitty  (Read 2427 times)
ipoomyself (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:52:10 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 08:47:06 PM by malevolent

pls make the blochain faster im fedup of waiting 100 confirmations i fought bittcon woz supposed to be instant im waiting half a day to convert them to doggiecoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:57:36 PM

pls make the blochain faster im fedup of waiting 100 confirmations i fought bittcon woz supposed to be instant im waiting half a day to convert them to doggiecoin

Who is asking for 100 confirmations from u ? 6 confirmations are enough for a 1000 BTC transaction.

ipoomyself (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:01:49 PM

i mined and it sent to my address and i hath withdrew it to an exchange to trade it for dogecoin im still waiting wot the fuckkkkk

17 confirmations from mining reward

1 confirmation from wallet to exchange

wot the fuck?Huh??

and ho put that shitty advertisement underneath my posts how do i get ridd of it someone hacke me?Huh
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:06:48 PM

Who is asking for 100 confirmations from u ? 6 confirmations are enough for a 1000 BTC transaction.

He's a troll. Look at his obvious troll spelling/grammar/punctuation...

And most of his all, LOOK AT HIS NAME.  Roll Eyes
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:11:53 PM

first fail:
he is using a crappy pool. which was his choice to choose that service with that delay, he should choose a different pool.

second fail:
he simply wants to convert to dogecoin. he should simply mine dogecoin and hoard if he loves doge so much

third fail:
he should mine doge and sell them for bitcoin.. he would earn more.. as he doesn't realise mining bitcoins to throw at doge is losing him value,

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:15:04 PM

the blockchain speed of 10 minutes is really the most optimal speed.

With shorter block times you will have more orphans and more incentives for miners to try to build on their orphaned blocks to make it so they are no longer orphaned. As a result a TX with 1 confirmation on the bitcoin blockchain is much more secure then a TX with 10 confirmations with a 1 minute block time on a hypothetical coin

This spot for rent.
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:48:53 PM

With shorter block times you will have more orphans and more incentives for miners to try to build on their orphaned blocks to make it so they are no longer orphaned. As a result a TX with 1 confirmation on the bitcoin blockchain is much more secure then a TX with 10 confirmations with a 1 minute block time on a hypothetical coin

I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of blockchain technology and cryptography, but the understanding I do have says this isn't right. Can this be explained more fully?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:46:36 PM

Although, 1 confirmation is infinitely better than 0 confirmations.  This is one major advantage of shorter block times and definitely helps over-the-counter, in-person transactions.
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:53:32 PM

It does seem like halving the block time and reward (5 minute/12.5 BTC) could help with some of the complaints about bitcoin without being a huge change. Not sure whether we should double the blocks till difficulty change or not though.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:21:22 PM

first fail:
he is using a crappy pool. which was his choice to choose that service with that delay, he should choose a different pool.

second fail:
he simply wants to convert to dogecoin. he should simply mine dogecoin and hoard if he loves doge so much

third fail:
he should mine doge and sell them for bitcoin.. he would earn more.. as he doesn't realise mining bitcoins to throw at doge is losing him value,

Sounds like OP is experiencing something most people except real old timers and those really in to mining know about: coin maturation. Newly minted bitcoins aren't instantly usable. You gotta wait 100 blocks after you generate (now called mine) bitcoins before you can spend them.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

"Blocks in shorter chains (or invalid chains) are not used for anything. When the bitcoin client switches to another, longer chain, all valid transactions of the blocks inside the shorter chain are re-added to the pool of queued transactions and will be included in another block. The reward for the blocks on the shorter chain will not be present in the longest chain, so they will be practically lost, which is why a network-enforced 100-block maturation time for generations exists."

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

Sorry for the problems dude! You'd probably feel better if you stopped pooing yourself. That's gotta be causin a nasty rash.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:32:14 PM

I think the positives of faster confirms out weigh the fact that you need to wait for more confirms to get the same level of confirmation. Although I'm definitely open to hearing why I'm wrong.

It would be nice if bitcoin was faster but I don't think we're ever going to see that.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:32:48 PM

Your spelling, gramar, typing, capitalization, and attitude are all shitty.

Defecation and language/expression issues aside, he's just confused. Coin maturation a subtle topic that few ever encounter...most miners have a level of insulation from what is actually going on provided by the pool.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing what he is complaining about. But don't be fooled into thinking that doggie coin doesn't have a maturation process. It's another easily adjusted variable just like all the variables that define the altcoins (derived from Bitcoin that is...).

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:37:01 PM

Defecation and language/expression issues aside, he's just confused. Coin maturation a subtle topic that few ever encounter...most miners have a level of insulation from what is actually going on provided by the pool.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing what he is complaining about. But don't be fooled into thinking that doggie coin doesn't have a maturation process. It's another easily adjusted variable just like all the variables that define the altcoins (derived from Bitcoin that is...).
BTW thanks for being the only one to actually answer his question.  I was about to answer when I saw yours.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:41:51 PM

He's a troll. Since when does anyone other than Stephen Gornick give an honest answer to a troll?

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

BTW thanks for being the only one to actually answer his question.  I was about to answer when I saw yours.
Remember the good old days when no one expected/demanded Bitcoin to make them rich, folks were willing to do work to make things easier on the next guy, and people didn't whine that others aren't doing more free work for them? The culture sure has changed.

We were all newbies once. Compare my newbie post and response to what our OP has experienced: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335.0

Tipping felt more common back then...and I know why!

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

Remember the good old days when no one expected/demanded Bitcoin to make them rich, folks were willing to do work to make things easier on the next guy, and people didn't whine that others aren't doing more free work for them? The culture sure has changed.

We were all newbies once. Compare my newbie post and response to what our OP has experienced: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335.0

Tipping felt more common back then...and I know why!

You're right. Now I feel bad. We should help new people even if they seem like trolls. I used to do that but that's a lot of Matthew N Wrights ago. I'm glad you told him the truth about coin maturation time.

BTW: I deleted all my posts as CornedBeefHash and had Theymos delete the account so I wouldn't have to be reminded how ignorant I was. You're a brave man.   Smiley

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:13:21 PM

teh blochian taeks si logn too canferm mai trensvestite i ne3d teh sax chagne operashen nao

Society doesn't scale.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:22:51 PM

The blockchain is great.

Time to make a Bitcoin-like wallet transfer system for payments, rather than paying for things with bitcoins themselves. What I mean is this:

1. Make yourself 100,000 wallets.
2. Place a small amount of bitcoins - like 0.0001 - in each.
3. Transfer the wallets between folks using a yet-to-be-invented Wallet Transfer Protocol.

This makes a whole new kind of blockchain. The original one changes/grows less rapidly. Anonymity is increased.

Make another, additional protocol, additional to the one mentioned above, for handling groups of wallets. In other words, a wallet wallet. That is, a wallet that holds many multiple wallets that hold the bitcoins. Then transfer THAT wallet through this second protocol. Soon the wallet wallet idea will be the bitcoin thing, and people will forget all about bitcoins... something like you don't think about binary in a computer, but rather about some programming language that rides a bunch of layers above binary. Yet, binary is the foundation for all of it.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:46:18 PM

You can transfer private keys and people do, however your system now involves trust. 

You have to trust that the person giving you the private keys - what you call wallets - will not remove the BTC from them.

This system you outline is already in place.  This is exactly what physical bitcoins are:  wallets that contain a certain amount of BTC that are attached to a coin with a short version of the pubic key on the outside and the private key on the inside, hidden under the sticker.

Every transfer of a physical bitcoin from one person to the next is off the blockchain.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: