Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:03:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Doge game over?  (Read 2622 times)
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:49:17 PM

Now with all those shitcoins, it looks like nobody cares about Doge, at least they are not interested to pay a lot of money for Doge, and this will happen with Darkcoin too, as the hype will move away to another new coin. So basically there will only be one coin that is worth investing and that is BTC
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:55:28 PM

The only "good" thing doge had was the large community behind it, thats why it might just fall when people lose interest \ the joke is too old.
A good coin to invest into is a coin with a "technological" value, that can't really go away.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:19:13 PM

Now with all those shitcoins, it looks like nobody cares about Doge, at least they are not interested to pay a lot of money for Doge, and this will happen with Darkcoin too, as the hype will move away to another new coin. So basically there will only be one coin that is worth investing and that is BTC

BTC is not worth investing in truthfully.

Even if you bought 500 Bitcoin at $500 and Bitcoin were to reach $1,000 in the next 6 months(which is very unlikely without Mr trading bot willy), you'd only have make double your investment...

In Altcoins you can put in $100, and then the coin goes up 50x within the next 2 months, and youve made $5,000 off that original $100 investment..

Bitcoin is useless for investing in...from an investors perspective.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

I wouldn't say bitcoin is useless for investing. With so many user around the world and large corporations showing interest, it is the safest crypto for investment. Altcoins offer explosive profits but successful alts are few and far between. You may get 10x gains from one alt while you write off investment for 10 others.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:26:21 PM

I wouldn't say bitcoin is useless for investing. With so many user around the world and large corporations showing interest, it is the safest crypto for investment. Altcoins offer explosive profits but successful alts are few and far between. You may get 10x gains from one alt while you write off investment for 10 others.

It's the safest, but investors who actually want to make money don't opt for the safest. Safe investments are for those who want to make a moderate income monthly/yearly without having to worry about their investment crashing etc.

That's why you do Research for any alt you invest in.
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

buy some unobtanium. It is very oversold right now after a lot of stolen coins have been dumped for months.
Community is good, network is good, coin is good and rare. Huge potential. Just sayin'. Check the thread.

It is also one of the very few altcoins that is not instamined, flashmined or premined. Pretty good to invest in and now big upside-potential since the dumps of stolen coins should be over now.
It won't go away anytime soon. Good for longterm investing also.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:01:30 PM

Even if you bought 500 Bitcoin at $500 and Bitcoin were to reach $1,000 in the next 6 months(which is very unlikely without Mr trading bot willy), you'd only have make double your investment...

In Altcoins you can put in $100, and then the coin goes up 50x within the next 2 months, and youve made $5,000 off that original $100 investment..

Wow, so much logic.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:52:39 PM

Easier said than done.

In the world of investing 200% interest in a year is insane. Bernie Madoff ran his Ponzi at 10% interest per year. Think about that for a second.
Buo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:54:13 PM

Investing in altcoins is more about luck than trading skill in my opinion.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:05:49 PM

Alts are way too murky for my liking. It's far too easy for a coin of one's choice to be murdered by crooked developers or pumpers.

BTC is in the same boat to an extent but true fundamentals are gathering pace by the day. The returns may be less sexy but it's the only one of its type right now.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:19:13 PM

Easier said than done.

In the world of investing 200% interest in a year is insane. Bernie Madoff ran his Ponzi at 10% interest per year. Think about that for a second.

in a REGULATED Market.
He was forced to run his scam with the *perception of following laws.
and he also started in 1960.. long history there
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff

not sure where you got 10% interest from but comparing those tow things is dumb.
for one thing if an investment rose 200% who is to say it's going to do that every year ?
pointless comparisons.. never compare Regulated Markets with Unregulated markets lol

and about Doge..
I called it long ago
by myself as ALL of you out there Trolled and fought me over it.. i was right and i told you all so.
time to wake up and use common sense and not be blind or deceitful because of money period.
i said long ago it was nothing a but a stupid clone coin with a new icon and name.. reality check.
and community my bloody ass..
the so called community is / was brats with ADD and GPU's etc they sold off months ago and moved to other coins
and i pegged it to the day in advance and posted a graph on the day it started going down hill proving it.
once mining profitability was on par with any other coin it was game over..

So what i mean is it won't be going anywhere near what it was way back price wise.
we might have some fluctuations in price to make a bit of money but that applies to any coin.
It has no future and yet i am again bad mouthing this coin and all week long i am stuck holdings some of the crap coins too (while i bad mouth them)
i bought some to arb some coins and sure enough as usual as soon as i get my coin i bough the god damn price tanks hard on me.. figures  Roll Eyes

reality is people are only interested in fake little so called pumps and daily clone coins to pump and dump
that is your Doge community.. well at least the ones that stuck around after selling their gpus while back after hearing about Scypt Asics coming etc.
sold my GPU too..

is there a more profitable coin ?
then it's dead and 99.99% of people will say a bunch of lippy bs and quietly move to the one that pay more..
all the shit talk on a forum means squat.. money talks
and no one here cares anything at all about supporting Altcoins.. they care about Shitcoin to Bitcoin To Fiat
and if they say other wise they are lying through their teeth.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

Easier said than done.

in a REGULATED Market.
He was forced to run his scam with the *perception of following laws.
and he also started in 1960.. long history there
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff

not sure where you got 10% interest from but comparing those tow things is dumb.
for one thing if an investment rose 200% who is to say it's going to do that every year ?
pointless comparisons.. never compare Regulated Markets with Unregulated markets lol

and about Doge..
I called it long ago
by myself as ALL of you out there Trolled and fought me over it.. i was right and i told you all so.
time to wake up and use common sense and not be blind or deceitful because of money period.
i said long ago it was nothing a but a stupid clone coin with a new icon and name.. reality check.
and community my bloody ass..
the so called community is / was brats with ADD and GPU's etc they sold off months ago and moved to other coins
and i pegged it to the day in advance and posted a graph on the day it started going down hill proving it.
once mining profitability was on par with any other coin it was game over..

So what i mean is it won't be going anywhere near what it was way back price wise.
we might have some fluctuations in price to make a bit of money but that applies to any coin.
It has no future and yet i am again bad mouthing this coin and all week long i am stuck holdings some of the crap coins too (while i bad mouth them)
i bought some to arb some coins and sure enough as usual as soon as i get my coin i bough the god damn price tanks hard on me.. figures  Roll Eyes

reality is people are only interested in fake little so called pumps and daily clone coins to pump and dump
that is your Doge community.. well at least the ones that stuck around after selling their gpus while back after hearing about Scypt Asics coming etc.
sold my GPU too..

is there a more profitable coin ?
then it's dead and 99.99% of people will say a bunch of lippy bs and quietly move to the one that pay more..
all the shit talk on a forum means squat.. money talks
and no one here cares anything at all about supporting Altcoins.. they care about Shitcoin to Bitcoin To Fiat
and if they say other wise they are lying through their teeth.

He was the one saying that a 100% gain in 6 months is something to scoff at. I'm certainly not making any claims about bitcoin performing at any level over any amount of time. But I was just pointing that out to highlight how silly the statement I quoted was.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:55:01 PM

Also that there is no coin limit drives price down alot.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:49:21 PM

Yeah, even if the supply inflation at the current time isn't drastically different than some other cryptos just the psychological impact of unlimited coins is something that I believe turns people off.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:36:41 PM

It's the safest, but investors who actually want to make money don't opt for the safest. Safe investments are for those who want to make a moderate income monthly/yearly without having to worry about their investment crashing etc.

That's why you do Research for any alt you invest in.

You have a portfolio worth a few hundred dollars, which consists principally of darkcoin.

You're not really making me think, "hey, this kid has a point".

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

Though the Doge hasn;t given up fight yet, BTC will always be the primary coin, its always smart to invest into doge, or darkcoin before it gets big, but its hard to tell when it will.

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
giggle

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:02:32 PM

this guy buys bitcoin sells all at $30.00 buys back in at $600  careful who you listen to

Looking to buy Bitcoin at 605 usd each, I can buy a maximum of 5 bitcoin, don't have enough money for more.

Edit: Payment method is Payeer.com, since Paypal is notorious for it's chargebacks.

listen at 15 minutes and 30 seconds, mentions selling all his bitcoin for about $30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLoVikMXBeA
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:28:25 AM

Yeah, even if the supply inflation at the current time isn't drastically different than some other cryptos just the psychological impact of unlimited coins is something that I believe turns people off.

It is likely that Dogecoin will switch to PoS when the block rewards will fall to the minimum dictated by the 5 Billion coins yearly inflation.
When that happens, the endless supply will be irrelevant, since it will be equally distributed to every holders.

I hope this will happen.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:42:36 AM

What if Doge only declined because it's the summertime and school's out?  Think about it... think hard... Reddit and 4Chan is full of 14 year old highschool kids and 20 year old university sociology majors.  Maybe when school is back in session they'll go back to sending Doge meme texts and buying the coins?

Wink

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

What if Doge only declined because it's the summertime and school's out?  Think about it... think hard... Reddit and 4Chan is full of 14 year old highschool kids and 20 year old university sociology majors.  Maybe when school is back in session they'll go back to sending Doge meme texts and buying the coins?

Wink

Haha, interesting theory!
However, most of them probably work during the summer, and thus they should have been able to buy more Ðogecoins, not less Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: