Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:08:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the fucking silk road coins sold ?  (Read 3909 times)
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:11:26 PM

Guys? The losers can come forward too you know, why does nobody mention that?

Are you a bidder in the auction? Are you familiar with the terms? As it is a closed/private auction, how are you so sure that participants are not subject to non-disclosure requirements?

They're not.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:12:28 PM

Fucking hillbilly americans.

This is an internet forum and thus international. Insulting an entire nation is pretty stupid.

Sure , there are many arrogant "Ugly Americans" but while all hillbillies may be Americans, not all Americans are hillbillies.

Where are you from?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:12:51 PM

When the government auctions off assets in a closed auction, do they disclose the final results? I think we may all be waiting around for news, when there will be none.

Just watch the blockchain to see about transer of the coins.  Once the coins start going out from the slik road addy, then you know they got sold and delivered even if you don't know who bought them.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:15:13 PM

Are you a bidder in the auction? Are you familiar with the terms? As it is a closed/private auction, how are you so sure that participants are not subject to non-disclosure requirements?

They're not.

Interesting. So you are a bidder? Or you have seen something to this effect from a reliable source? Pardon me if I don't simply take your word for it. Smiley I have a feeling this sort of deal comes with some fine print.

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:24:12 PM

When the government auctions off assets in a closed auction, do they disclose the final results? I think we may all be waiting around for news, when there will be none.

Just watch the blockchain to see about transer of the coins.  Once the coins start going out from the slik road addy, then you know they got sold and delivered even if you don't know who bought them.

Sure, we can see when the coins move. But that tells us nothing about the "results" -- people want to know what price they went for, since apparently they think the exchange markets will quickly head to that price. I'm not convinced on that point, anyway.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:36:30 PM

Sure, we can see when the coins move. But that tells us nothing about the "results" -- people want to know what price they went for, since apparently they think the exchange markets will quickly head to that price. I'm not convinced on that point, anyway.

me neither, i'm not convinced with both these points

1) most people seem to think they went at a discount, i disagree

2) people think the price will drop because of this, i disagree

the price has already dropped (and for some reason partially recovered), and some of it was probably caused by the FUD around the auction. If the price is higher than expected i believe the price might surge upwards a little, but i don't think it will gravitate towards the exact price. It could however have and effect on the market sentiment. Either positive or negative.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:41:09 PM

Thanks now I understand the point of the inquiry.  I was confused (again!) Smiley
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:16:58 PM

me neither, i'm not convinced with both these points

1) most people seem to think they went at a discount, i disagree

2) people think the price will drop because of this, i disagree

the price has already dropped (and for some reason partially recovered), and some of it was probably caused by the FUD around the auction. If the price is higher than expected i believe the price might surge upwards a little, but i don't think it will gravitate towards the exact price. It could however have and effect on the market sentiment. Either positive or negative.

Totaly agree with you on this one. Dips and recoverys are normal in theese situations where daytraders are trying to exloit every news there is to their benefit i.e. disrupt market stability, cause waves, and by doing so make profit daytrading.
Nothing new, we've seen this happen over and over again, so if you're experienced trader, thy to gain more coins, and if ure not , well dont trade at all until things settle down.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:45:39 PM

This is an internet forum and thus international. Insulting an entire nation is pretty stupid.

Sure , there are many arrogant "Ugly Americans" but while all hillbillies may be Americans, not all Americans are hillbillies.

Where are you from?

By the way, there are also good looking hillbillies.  Just sayin' ...
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

Looking through the official posting at: http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/

I noticed this:
Bidder Qualification. The USMS reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason whatsoever. The USMS reserves the right to sell all, some or none of the bitcoins at auction.

So maybe nobody will ever know anything except the people at the USMS.   Embarrassed
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

There is no need for all this FUD, rumors and drama.  Just read this:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/faqs.pdf

For those to lazy to click the above link and read all three pages, just read this:

10. What information about the auction process or results will the USMS release?

The USMS will contact the winning and losing bidders directly. The USMS will not publicly
release any information pertaining to the auction process or results.

11. What information about the auction process or results might be available through a FOIA
request?

Agency records or information which is not covered by one or more of the FOIA’s Exemptions is
subject to disclosure. Such determinations will be made in accordance with
Department of Justice regulations available at http://www.justice.gov/oip/04_1_1.html and
title28-vol1-part16.xml#seqnum16.8.

I know that is not a much fun as making shit up.  Sorry about that.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
phlogistonq

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

What is going to happen:

1. Someone buys the coins for $500.
2. Tells everyone his bid at $800 was turned down.
3. Waits until we are all done panic buying.
4. Dumps his coins with prodigious profit.

It would be wise to mistrust any information 'leaked' on this topic, especially if bullish.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:18:46 PM

What is going to happen:

1. Someone buys the coins for $500.
2. Tells everyone his bid at $800 was turned down.
3. Waits until we are all done panic buying.
4. Dumps his coins with prodigious profit.

It would be wise to mistrust any information 'leaked' on this topic, especially if bullish.
So you sold at $590?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:24:15 PM

They're not.

Interesting. So you are a bidder? Or you have seen something to this effect from a reliable source? Pardon me if I don't simply take your word for it. Smiley I have a feeling this sort of deal comes with some fine print.

There's no disclosure clause, the winners can choose to stay private or out themselves.
and I do have intimate knowledge of how this auction worked so you can believe it or not!
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:16:10 PM

They're not.

There's no disclosure clause, the winners can choose to stay private or out themselves.
and I do have intimate knowledge of how this auction worked so you can believe it or not!

ERRRNT wrong

File a freedom of information act request "FOIA"

Only way DOJ will not release information is under exemption 4

§ 16.8Business information.
(a) In general. Business information obtained by the Department from a submitter will be disclosed under the FOIA only under this section.
(b) Definitions. For purposes of this section:
(1) Business information means commercial or financial information obtained by the Department from a submitter that may be protected from disclosure under Exemption 4 of the FOIA.
(2) Submitter means any person or entity from whom the Department obtains business information, directly or indirectly. The term includes corporations; state, local, and tribal governments; and foreign governments.
(c) Designation of business information. A submitter of business information will use good-faith efforts to designate, by appropriate markings, either at the time of submission or at a reasonable time thereafter, any portions of its submission that it considers to be protected from disclosure under Exemption 4. These designations will expire ten years after the date of the submission unless the submitter requests, and provides justification for, a longer designation period.
(d) Notice to submitters. A component shall provide a submitter with prompt written notice of a FOIA request or administrative appeal that seeks its business information wherever required under paragraph (e) of this section, except as provided in paragraph (h) of this section, in order to give the submitter an opportunity to object to disclosure of any specified portion of that information under paragraph (f) of this section. The notice shall either describe the business information requested or include copies of the requested records or record portions containing the information. When notification of a voluminous number of submitters is required, notification may be made by posting or publishing the notice in a place reasonably likely to accomplish it.
(e) Where notice is required. Notice shall be given to a submitter wherever:
(1) The information has been designated in good faith by the submitter as information considered protected from disclosure under Exemption 4; or
(2) The component has reason to believe that the information may be protected from disclosure under Exemption 4.
(f) Opportunity to object to disclosure. A component will allow a submitter a reasonable time to respond to the notice described in paragraph (d) of this section and will specify that time period within the notice. If a submitter has any objection to disclosure, it is required to submit a detailed written statement. The statement must specify all grounds for withholding any portion of the information under any exemption of the FOIA and, in the case of Exemption 4, it must show why the information is a trade secret or commercial or financial information that is privileged or confidential. In the event that a submitter fails to respond to the notice within the time specified in it, the submitter will be considered to have no objection to disclosure of the information. Information provided by the submitter that is not received by the component until after its disclosure decision has been made shall not be considered by the component. Information provided by a submitter under this paragraph may itself be subject to disclosure under the FOIA.
(g) Notice of intent to disclose. A component shall consider a submitter's objections and specific grounds for nondisclosure in deciding whether to disclose business information. Whenever a component decides to disclose business information over the objection of a submitter, the component shall give the submitter written notice, which shall include:
(1) A statement of the reason(s) why each of the submitter's disclosure objections was not sustained;
(2) A description of the business information to be disclosed; and
(3) A specified disclosure date, which shall be a reasonable time subsequent to the notice.
(h) Exceptions to notice requirements. The notice requirements of paragraphs (d) and (g) of this section shall not apply if:
(1) The component determines that the information should not be disclosed;
(2) The information lawfully has been published or has been officially made available to the public;
(3) Disclosure of the information is required by statute (other than the FOIA) or by a regulation issued in accordance with the requirements of Executive Order 12600 (3 CFR, 1988 Comp., p. 235); or
(4) The designation made by the submitter under paragraph (c) of this section appears obviously frivolous—except that, in such a case, the component shall, within a reasonable time prior to a specified disclosure date, give the submitter written notice of any final decision to disclose the information.
(i) Notice of FOIA lawsuit. Whenever a requester files a lawsuit seeking to compel the disclosure of business information, the component shall promptly notify the submitter.
(j) Corresponding notice to requesters. Whenever a component provides a submitter with notice and an opportunity to object to disclosure under paragraph (d) of this section, the component shall also notify the requester(s). Whenever a component notifies a submitter of its intent to disclose requested information under paragraph (g) of this section, the component shall also notify the requester(s). Whenever a submitter files a lawsuit seeking to prevent the disclosure of business information, the component shall notify the requester(s).
[Order No. 2156-98, 63 FR 29593, June 1, 1998; 63 FR 51401, Sept. 25, 1998]

Exemption 4
Exemption 4 of the FOIA protects "trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person [that is] privileged or confidential." (1) This exemption is intended to protect the interests of both the government and submitters of information. Its very existence encourages submitters to voluntarily furnish useful commercial or financial information to the government and it correspondingly provides the government with an assurance that such information will be reliable. The exemption also affords protection to those submitters who are required to furnish commercial or financial information to the government by safeguarding them from the competitive disadvantages that could result from disclosure. (2) The exemption covers two broad categories of information in federal agency records: (1) trade secrets; and (2) information that is (a) commercial or financial, and (b) obtained from a person, and (c) privileged or confidential

They are not going to give you the bank account # of the people who got the coins lol

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:29:29 AM

Here is some fresh info

https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/483692873855299584

Announcement: The SecondMarket / Bitcoin Investment Trust bidding syndicate for the US Marshals bitcoin auction was outbid on all blocks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/30/us-usa-bitcoin-auction-idUSKBN0F52N420140630?feedType=RSS

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:54:38 AM

By the way, there are also good looking hillbillies.  Just sayin' ...

At least on TV.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:58:18 AM

Done.  Now we will see how long it takes.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Skele

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:06:17 AM

Where are you from?

I Agree, Those comments from a Newbie guy can be forgived.

But i had knew Newbies with more IQ, education, and better language, if you have something against americans or any other human race  Tongue, don't show it here please.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:44:24 AM

Done.  Now we will see how long it takes.
You cannot make a FOIA for any piece of information from the government. There are a lot of exemptions to having to disclose information from a FOIA

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: