Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Localbitcoins  (Read 1259 times)
Campsis (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:34:28 PM

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone out there is actually making a living off by trading at localbitcoins? If so, how much do you make a week/month Smiley

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:00:23 PM

Making a good profit of selling and buying bitcoins is difficult because the price swings, even if you put a large spread it wont be easy, anyway i think somebody could be making it.
CAPTcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:12:09 PM

It's very risky. But I've seen a lot of traders with a huge difference between buys and sells, and a lot of trades.

So with enough volume, it can be profitable.
oXo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:03:37 PM

Does anyone know how well their escrow system works?

I've always been afraid of not being able to see disagreements in public and how they play out, which is the reason I still sell bitcoin undervalued... Has anyone ever been through a dispute with them?

I think its safer to use a person for escrow instead of these random escrow sites. At least this way you can contact them directly to figure out the problem.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:05:02 AM

Making a good profit of selling and buying bitcoins is difficult because the price swings, even if you put a large spread it wont be easy, anyway i think somebody could be making it.
You could potentially do it with leverage at an exchange. You would just need to be sure to watch your email to see when people accept your trades so you can execute a trade on your exchange account.

This spot for rent.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:44:12 AM

localbitcoin face similar transaction, but the site seems to be quite a high fee, the transaction did not go off.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:06:53 AM

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone out there is actually making a living off by trading at localbitcoins? If so, how much do you make a week/month Smiley
I would doubt that you can actually make a living off localbitcoins. You could likely make "something" if you were to treat it somewhat like a 2nd job.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:54:11 PM

Personally, no, but I have traded with a couple people there who clearly provide liquidity and have 100+ feedback. They generally buy 3-7% below market and sell 3-7% above market. Seems like a good system for profit, but you could miss out on some big moves this way, not trading the swings on exchanges.

DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:31:22 AM

Personally, no, but I have traded with a couple people there who clearly provide liquidity and have 100+ feedback. They generally buy 3-7% below market and sell 3-7% above market. Seems like a good system for profit, but you could miss out on some big moves this way, not trading the swings on exchanges.
Even if they made 7% on 100 trades with an average trade of $1,000 then they would only make $7,000 in profit

This spot for rent.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:34:44 AM

I've always been afraid of not being able to see disagreements in public and how they play out, which is the reason I still sell bitcoin undervalued... Has anyone ever been through a dispute with them?

I think its safer to use a person for escrow instead of these random escrow sites. At least this way you can contact them directly to figure out the problem.

I am on same boat as you, I can't get myself to trust them for some reason, I have read here and there about people who have had not so good experience trading there which is why so far I haven't done a single trade there.

InwardContour

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:32:31 AM

I am on same boat as you, I can't get myself to trust them for some reason, I have read here and there about people who have had not so good experience trading there which is why so far I haven't done a single trade there.
There are a lot of scams on localbitcoins however face to face meetups via local bitcoins is generally safer from scammers
SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Even if they made 7% on 100 trades with an average trade of $1,000 then they would only make $7,000 in profit

$7,000 per day/week/month profit is a lot of money for many people here.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:55:49 PM

But with the current price fluctuations i barely think someone would make that, i can buy today 10 btcs at -7%, but if the price drops 10% in two days, where will be the profit?
InwardContour

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:50:32 AM

I would say that 100 trades on LBC would be a lot. It would mean that someone would need to make, on average 3 trades per day. Generally face to face trades take at least an hour as they will generally chat for a bit, depending on where the trade takes place, one could easily spend 30 to 45 minutes traveling to the meeting place. This could easily result in it taking 3 hours per trade and it would be unlikely that most traders would be able to have an efficient schedule where they could go directly to the next trade after each one is finished as they would need to work with other people's schedules.
bronco

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:51:27 AM

i will try to put end to this topic
https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/usd/moneypak/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: