Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul named his son after an atheist.  (Read 1542 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 10:11:10 PM

He name his son after Ayn Rand, an absolute atheist.

Yet people are concerned he's going to shove religion down people's throats? If anything, they should be concerned about his objectivist values. Now that would be legitimate.

Now, let's see here... Apparently Rand thought racism was irrational.  Roll Eyes

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 10:14:01 PM

I love the story about how Rand Paul and another college friend kidnapping a girl, blindfolded her, tied her up, and told her to smoke pot and worship the "Aqua Buddha." 

I wish I had a college story that good ;(
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 01:33:30 AM

Honestly, I'm glad it was Aqua Buddha, and not Jesus Christ or Mohammed. The latter two would have been a TOTALLY different story.
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:39:38 AM

He name his son after Ayn Rand

You do make good points. But this statement is false.

I just wanted to add that I was told once that because Ron Paul has personal beliefs about abortion and gay marriage but wouldn't force them on everyone, he was a theocrat. Actually, the guy said he was a theocrat like Hitler. I guess I could see that. After all, Hitler did delegate evil acts to subordinate states and remained wholly uninvolved in decisions they made despite his personal beliefs. Wikipedia tells me I might be thinking of a different Hitler.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:42:22 AM

Ah, no.  His son's full name is Randal Howard Paul. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:42:48 PM

Ah, no.  His son's full name is Randal Howard Paul. 
Cheesy
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 02:45:45 PM

The list of his favorite books made my respect for him just considerably. Why didn't the tea party pick him instead of that other bimbo loony that doesn't read anything? Or does mentioning Dostoevsky immediately disqualify Rand for being an elitist?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: