Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmasking BTC-E.com  (Read 6686 times)
howardb (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:09:31 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:54:42 PM by howardb

Can you add something to this? help us out please.

FACTS KNOWN TO DATE:

a) Many complaints about them on boards, everything from money going missing to failing to respond to support.
  b) They have no direct bank account, but are using payment services like OKPAY and Mayzus
  c) They operate on the following forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433283.0 and Russian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29698.0 ), but tend to delete posts/complaints they don't like.
  d) They hide their servers behind CloudFlare, but they have been ping triangulated to be in Europe, probably London.
  e) Their SSL security certificate is fraudulent.
  f)  Their DNS Registration entries are false.
  g) Their website offers no API for bitcoin withdrawal, a service that every other exchange provides! Huge red flag!
  h) Their website has "Copyright © 2011-2014 BTC-e.com." but since there are no company registration details, this is legally invalid.
  i)  They are using the following Mazzars Financial services bank account:
                         Beneficiary:    Mayzus Financial Services Limited, organizacni slozka
                         Beneficiary Address:    U Vystaviste 287/17,170 00 Praha 7, Czech Republic
                         Beneficiary Account:    107-7747130227
                         Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:    0100
                         Beneficiary IBAN:    CZ58 0100 0001 0777 4713 0227
                         Beneficiary Bank:    Komercni banka
                         Beneficiary Bank Address:    Na Prikope 33, 114 07 Praha 1, Czech Republic
                         Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:    KOMBCZPPXXX
                         Correspondent bank:    SOCIETE GENERALE
                         City:    New York
                         Correspondent bank SWIFT:    SOGEUS33XXX
                         Correspondent Account:    188190

j) They only tell you about their 0.2% trading fee when you join, but their withdrawl fee's can be up to 10%!!

k) The following bitcointalk users claim to have lost (missing transfers) or had stolen (unauthorised transfers) money at BTC-e.com:
                         legster                    $1000.
                         EvilLizardApparel       8565 LTC
                         bradmurmz             BTC200
                         libertysilver             BTC4.77 + 526 PPC + 306 LTC
                         pindis                        19 LTC
                         flagstaff_miner        BTC43.75
                         z12                         BTC30.48
                         ub3rCoin                  $10,000
                         OversightNL             BTC4.8
                         Unclegogi                       100 TRC
                         Shiba                       BTC7.9
                         ychunlau                  BTC4
                         redmist                      108.5335 LTC

l) None of the 'terms and conditions' you agree to when you join are binding either way, because they do not name the legal party!.

m) They trade on their own site, this gives their own arbitrage bots an unfair advantage over over public, as trading without fee's at faster access
           effectively corners the market.

n) In february the website released a statement, which amongst other claims said: "The company plans to soon begin to publish publicly available statements certified by external auditors. " This has of course turned out to be a lie.

RUMOURS TO DATE:

a) They are owned and run by Russians.
  b) The company is Bulgarian
  c)  Servers probably in London
  d) Probably where most stolen bitcoin are traded due to absense of Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations.
  e) Used by some parties for bitcoin price manipulation.

What you can do:

a ) Is there a UK resident out there that has paid money into BTC-e.com via Mayzus Financial Services Ltd?? If so, could you consider sending a standard Data Protection "Subject Access Request" to Mayzus for yourself. This should reveal details of BTC-e that so many people are searching for. And if it doesn't, then Mayzus are breaching UK anti money laundering laws.

b) Anything else you know? publish it here.

c) If you have money or crypto stock with them, protect yourself and get it out now. There has to be a reasonable chance that they are fraudulent and
   just the process of unmasking them may cause them to run with your money
. So you have been warned!
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

I thought BTC-e was a trustworthy exchange? I've heard good reviews about them. The site owners prefer to stay anonymous, don't they?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:19:18 AM

Why try and hunt them down?  BTC-e is the only exchange I half way trust these days.  I have used them for a few years now and NEVER an issue with them.
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:04:43 AM

I thought BTC-e was a trustworthy exchange? I've heard good reviews about them. The site owners prefer to stay anonymous, don't they?

Staying anon is a good way not get targeted for blackmailed or robbed.
justforbtc

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:54:25 PM

Is there a UK resident out there that has paid money into BTC-e.com via Mayzus Financial Services Ltd?? If so, could you consider sending a standard Data Protection "Subject Access Request" to Mayzus for yourself. This should reveal details of BTC-e that so many people are searching for. And if it doesn't, then Mayzus are breaching UK anti money laundering laws.

So who's going to step up?

BTC-E changed the deposit account for wire. The Mayzus Financial Services bank account is no longer in UK now.

Here is the info of the new bank account. This bank account is exactly the same as the bank account used by OKPAY to receive wire.

Beneficiary:    Mayzus Financial Services Limited, organizacni slozka
Beneficiary Address:    U Vystaviste 287/17,170 00 Praha 7, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Account:    107-7747130227
Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:    0100
Beneficiary IBAN:    CZ58 0100 0001 0777 4713 0227
Beneficiary Bank:    Komercni banka
Beneficiary Bank Address:    Na Prikope 33, 114 07 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:    KOMBCZPPXXX
Correspondent bank:    SOCIETE GENERALE
City:    New York
Correspondent bank SWIFT:    SOGEUS33XXX
Correspondent Account:    188190
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:33:20 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 03:53:55 PM by howardb

Staying anon is a good way not get targeted for blackmailed or robbed.

It's also a great way to:

a) Support criminal activities like money laundering.

b) Avoid paying taxes

c) Steal your clients money

d) Avoid being answerable for anything

No credible financial organisation in the civilized world is allowed to be run this way, and for very good reason. So why is the world allowing BTC-e.com get away with this? If you post embarassing questions like 'Who are you?' on their forum here, they get deleted!  So i'm going to make it my mission to unmask them, anyone who wants to help, please PM me so we can organise.

Their continued existance in this form constitutes a HUGE threat to bitcoin, as we would very likely not recover from ANOTHER mt.Gox, so I would ask all bitcoin fans to support me in this.
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

Is there a UK resident out there that has paid money into BTC-e.com via Mayzus Financial Services Ltd?? If so, could you consider sending a standard Data Protection "Subject Access Request" to Mayzus for yourself. This should reveal details of BTC-e that so many people are searching for. And if it doesn't, then Mayzus are breaching UK anti money laundering laws.

So who's going to step up?

BTC-E changed the deposit account for wire. The Mayzus Financial Services bank account is no longer in UK now.

Here is the info of the new bank account. This bank account is exactly the same as the bank account used by OKPAY to receive wire.

Beneficiary:    Mayzus Financial Services Limited, organizacni slozka
Beneficiary Address:    U Vystaviste 287/17,170 00 Praha 7, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Account:    107-7747130227
Beneficiary Czech Bank Code:    0100
Beneficiary IBAN:    CZ58 0100 0001 0777 4713 0227
Beneficiary Bank:    Komercni banka
Beneficiary Bank Address:    Na Prikope 33, 114 07 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Beneficiary Bank SWIFT:    KOMBCZPPXXX
Correspondent bank:    SOCIETE GENERALE
City:    New York
Correspondent bank SWIFT:    SOGEUS33XXX
Correspondent Account:    188190

Thanks for the info, however thats why I was searching for someone that has sent a wire via Mayzus in the past. UK law requires the records be kept for 7 years, and UK data protection law requires the full info to be revealed on request.
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:36:42 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 05:15:40 PM by howardb

Why try and hunt them down?  BTC-e is the only exchange I half way trust these days.  I have used them for a few years now and NEVER an issue with them.
These boards are littered with examples of people sending money to BTC-e.com and it going missing. Just because you have not had problems does not mean they are not a huge risk to everyone.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 06:24:42 PM

Well I use BTC-e all the time and a bunch of others I know also use them...never an issue.  I am guessing most of the users that had problems have newer accounts here?  Show me where someone lost coins on BTC-e?
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:35:21 PM

Again, this thread is not about who BTC-e have NOT been a problem for, mt.gox was not a problem for thousands of people, right up until they walked off with their money (allegedly).

However, I will take your point on lets start collating and naming people who have lost money at BTC-e.com, if you have please step forward and i'll add you to list on post 1.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

What is your reasoning behind this thread? Did you personally lose money or coins to them?

Leave BTC-E alone.
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

What is your reasoning behind this thread? Did you personally lose money or coins to them?

Leave BTC-E alone.
My interest is in the future of bitcoin and avoiding a repeat of mt.Gox, what's yours in defending them?
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:25:30 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
My interest is in the future of bitcoin and avoiding a repeat of mt.Gox, what's yours in defending them?
If the future of btc depends on you and your crusade were doomed. I don't care who they are... it's simple don't trade on btc-e tell to your classmates too.

Hodling since 2011.®
howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
If the future of btc depends on you and your crusade were doomed. I don't care who they are... it's simple don't trade on btc-e tell to your classmates too.
Well it's that kind of selfish apathy that allows them to flourish. And I never said the future of bitcoin depends on me, but I do believe that another major exchange scandal could be a body blow to the value of bitcoin, and i'm willing to bet there are more than a few here care about that! even if you dont!
CoinFire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Online at CoinFire.io

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 07:50:50 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.
Well it's that kind of selfish apathy that allows them to flourish. And I never said the future of bitcoin depends on me, but I do believe that another major exchange scandal could be a body blow to the value of bitcoin, and i'm willing to bet there are more than a few here care about that! even if you dont!

While you are certainly right that Bitcoin needs to eliminate the bad players to move forward for broader adoption I am curious as if this sort of thing and the attempt to unmask them might just cause them to run away. Wouldn't that do more harm than good in that case because it would instantly create another scandal.

I can see however arguing better the scandal take place now than later.

What are everyones thoughts? I'm certainly curious.

howardb (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:02:25 PM

Leave BTC-E alone.

While you are certainly right that Bitcoin needs to eliminate the bad players to move forward for broader adoption I am curious as if this sort of thing and the attempt to unmask them might just cause them to run away. Wouldn't that do more harm than good in that case because it would instantly create another scandal.

I can see however arguing better the scandal take place now than later.

What are everyones thoughts? I'm certainly curious.
If this causes them to 'run off' then yes it would undoubtebly cause a lot of people pain, but still better done than not. If on the other hand this forces them to come clean, then that also can only be better for the community in that they can then make an informed choice on whether to trade with them.

There is also the argument that anonymous exchanges with no KYC are the ones that are laundering stolen BTC, we should be flushing them out for the good of the industry as a whole.  I'm only disappointed the Bitcoin Foundation has not taken a more pro-active stance on this situation.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:09:37 PM

Why try and hunt them down?  BTC-e is the only exchange I half way trust these days.  I have used them for a few years now and NEVER an issue with them.

I'm not against BTC-e, I just want to point out the fallacy in your argument by using an example: many folks used Mt. Gotx for years and NEVER had an issue, until the issues began.
DrApricot

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:23:08 PM

I'm not against BTC-e, I just want to point out the fallacy in your argument by using an example: many folks used Mt. Gotx for years and NEVER had an issue, until the issues began.
Any exchange can be brought down should enough pressure be brought to bear on it--all at once, from many different directions.

The strength of bitcoin, and why it is impervious to the failure of any one exchange, is in its protocol, and with the integrity and the chronological order of the block chain as enforced through cryptography.

seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:29:51 PM

Just another asshole payed for subversive shit.

Hodling since 2011.®
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:36:17 PM

lol what did btc-e did with you ? scam you no? do you think everyone is like mtgox because it happened 1 time btw i read that the btc was parked and they already found 200k btc? so what's your problem tell me pls...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: