Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If BIP16 was deployed 3months ago...if Deepbit support it earlier...  (Read 2159 times)
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 06:06:40 AM

Can this shit happen?   Sad

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 06:08:51 AM

Some tinfoin hatters think this was just a ploy to drum up support for the controversial standard and that the deployment date was pushed off until April just to allow for this to happen.

finway (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 06:14:32 AM

Some tinfoin hatters think this was just a ploy to drum up support for the controversial standard and that the deployment date was pushed off until April just to allow for this to happen.

Conspiracy theory, i like that.

How about hit bitcoin again by delaying Multisig deployment?

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 12:41:56 PM

Well, I hope that Tycho finally gives in now and we actually get P2SH. Then something good would've come of this.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:49:02 PM

Well, I hope that Tycho finally gives in now and we actually get P2SH. Then something good would've come of this.

Or better yet, something may have been -forced-.

Ever think that ZhouTong, slush and Gavin are in cahoots and merely hacked Linode themselves and stole their own coins (which is why he has the backing to pay back so quickly) and just used this to push along what he feels to be a better solution for the BIP 16?

Politics never die, Bitcoin can't solve that human problem.

finway (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:39:44 PM

I bet you're right, but i think unless you can prove that BIP16 is bad -- which in my opinion, not --, Multisig short address are good for bitoin.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:44:19 PM

Ever think that ZhouTong, slush and Gavin are in cahoots

Yes, I imagine they are all three Satoshi... Gavin is a lawyer that looks like Jason Biggs, and slush is a woman, and ZhouTong is, well, asian.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:00:30 PM

Even if the BIP was available, they would still have to use it. Zhoutong had wallet encryption available to him, but wasn't using it. Having it implemented allows them to use it, but doesn't force them to use it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:32:04 PM

I may be arguing semantics, but it's important for people to understand how much weight your vote carries.
My vote is not really different from other big pools' ones.
I think this discussion is not so productive. I'm not going to stop BIP16 from happening. When the majority decide to support it, it will be supported.

And his comment to you last month seems to have indicated he was leaning this way already. I wasn't aware he'd finally decided to switch.
Shuai

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 08:43:44 PM

Or better yet, something may have been -forced-.

Ever think that ZhouTong, slush and Gavin are in cahoots and merely hacked Linode themselves and stole their own coins (which is why he has the backing to pay back so quickly) and just used this to push along what he feels to be a better solution for the BIP 16?

Maybe you're the one who did the hack, and now you're trying to further delay getting P2SH implemented so you can wait 2 months and do it again with someone else.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 08:46:53 PM

Maybe you're the one who did the hack, and now you're trying to further delay getting P2SH implemented so you can wait 2 months and do it again with someone else.

Why would I wait?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: