Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Linode compromised and it's effect on TradeHill  (Read 7126 times)
mimarob

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:11:44 AM

*bump* and watching...

I got some assets on tradehill in the form of US$, does that mean I'm screwed?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:55:54 PM

Attn BTC and USD Holders on TradeHill:

I can confirm that the funds are safe. Gareth and myself are working hard, in addition to our own work, in helping Jered and his team get everything back up to speed and get your funds out.

For all those who think Jered is delaying, he is not. We are all on different timezones, ranging from CA, to NY to the UK and Jered has been staying up late to make sure everything is worked out.

If my word means anything, as far as I know (and I've seen) your funds are safe and should be ready for withdrawal ASAP.

We are all start-ups here and not mega corporations. We've never had to deal with situations like this, so contingency plans are difficult to create. We ask that you cut us some slack.

Thank You

Charlie Shrem, CEO
Bitinstant LLC

Thanks for the note. I do understand, and do not envy, the position they're in. Being involved in several startups myself, I understand that things can be extremely hectic, and they may just not have the human resources to handle the work in a timely fashion.

That said, I *do* think we should be getting updates in this thread, ideally daily, but certainly no less frequent than every two days. Just quick regular status updates would be great. People with money tied up will quickly lose confidence and move to freak-out mode if they think Tradehill personnel have gone dark.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:59:02 PM

Ok, waited 2 weeks now since the Linode issue. What's the last state of getting my 586 Euro back, that I transfered via Paxum into the TradeHill account at 3. of January? (ID 37652)

Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 01:55:17 PM

Can anyone provide an update?

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 02:16:24 PM

Can anyone provide an update?

http://tradehillblog.com/
Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:19:33 AM

The last post there was March 6th. We need more current info than that. Jared posted an update in this thread on the 11th. I would hope he'd be willing to give quick updates here (or *somewhere*) every day or two...

The silence is not good.

PcChip

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 11:31:50 PM

Here's another poster with (what I would consider) big money in TH that he wants back 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/r52e5/had_a_couple_hundred_btc_in_tradehill_and_hadnt/ 

TradeHill: luckily I didn't have anything in there when you went down, but for the sake of others who did, please update everyone.

At least prove the ownership of funds by doing the coin move like you said you could, that would provide an 80% reduction in anxiety for all concerned.

Legacy signature from 2011: 
All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 10:09:37 PM

Here's another poster with (what I would consider) big money in TH that he wants back 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/r52e5/had_a_couple_hundred_btc_in_tradehill_and_hadnt/ 

TradeHill: luckily I didn't have anything in there when you went down, but for the sake of others who did, please update everyone.

At least prove the ownership of funds by doing the coin move like you said you could, that would provide an 80% reduction in anxiety for all concerned.

I've been working non stop going through requests getting coins and fiat back to people.
It's mostly all cleared up but please send an email to info@tradehill.com if yours hasn't been addressed or returned recently.

I'm the only one working at TradeHill for now and I'll be answering info@tradehill if you send an email.
I'm doing my best to get this done but it is all being done manually and recovering from the Linode hack was a lot of work.
I appreciate everyone's patience and my biggest concern is getting everyone's funds back, and shutting down legitimately so I can resume later with trust.
This will also go a long way for Bitcoin.

I'm going to transfer 20,000 BTC to 1yvnLFMNRDRGKJ2dMqprzD68mtKga8uoJ right now to show that I still possess a large quantity and didn't lose them when Linode was compromised.

I'll work on being easier to contact. I've also got a lot going on in my life right now but want to wrap this up before moving on to a new project or direction.
I've been involved with Bitcoin for a long time and don't intend to move away from it now. I've never been so passionate about something in my entire life.

Regarding the Dwolla lawsuit: itwon't enter the next phase most likely for another 2 weeks give or take. They have been served and we're awaiting their decision.

Regards,
Jered Kenna

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Thank you, will inform you about my case.

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 11:44:37 PM

I hope you guys get your money back, they are nothing more than crooks for doing that, and I will not be satisfied until justice is properly served to them.

I apologize for any preconceived notions about you guys, you are needed in this market, weather i like it or not, it needs competition, and you guys supply just that.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:27:40 PM

Hello Jered, I've not yet get any answer. Please keep in mind, that I wasted many hours on reminding you with tickets and forum messages, I get tired. What's the situation now? (My deposit ID 37652 from 3. of January, 586 Euro from Paxum)

Thank you, will inform you about my case.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:56:54 PM

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS

My problem has been solved now. Jered transfered my missing 586 EUR as BTC back to me. Thank you very much.

My impression is that he want to solve all issues with residual money in TradeHill accounts. I do not really know why this is so complicated. Stay calm and remind him from time to time.

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS

Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 08:57:26 AM

I been sent all my btcs (several k) and usd yesterday. Thank you Jered! Your trust is rock hard.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: