Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:40:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What item should we have for our next auction?
Intel 120GB SATA SSD - 8 (80%)
Protronix 500GB USB 3.0 Hard Drive - 2 (20%)
Something else of lower value - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KIMO] Kimocoin | VOICE YOUR SUPPORT FOR MORE KIMO AUCTIONS  (Read 26837 times)
jacob019 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:45:20 AM

The new windows wallet binary is ready:
http://faucet.kimocoin.com/downloads/KimoCoin_Win32.zip

Please download it and delete the old one.  This is an emergency mandatory update.

We had a hard fork at block 150300 to fix the broken block reward.  The old wallet will not work, please don't send any payments until you have updated the wallet.  If anyone is using a Mac, please let me know.

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:25:06 AM

The new windows wallet binary is ready:

Please download it and delete the old one.  This is an emergency mandatory update.

We had a hard fork at block 150300 to fix the broken block reward.  The old wallet will not work, please don't send any payments until you have updated the wallet.  If anyone is using a Mac, please let me know.

the chain data need sync again?

jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:28:11 AM

Leave it open for a while, I don't think it will need to sync the entire chain.  Let me know how it goes.

adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:31:00 AM

Leave it open for a while, I don't think it will need to sync the entire chain.  Let me know how it goes.

ok,i try it,just wait for an hour Grin

jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:53:31 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 04:12:56 AM by jacob019

I'm going to sleep now, so I will post some troubleshooting instructions in case anyone has trouble syncing the new wallet.

1.  Go to your Kimocoin appdata folder > C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\KimoCoin
2.  Make a backup copy of wallet.dat (optional, but a good idea)
3.  Delete chainstate, blocks, database, and peers.dat
4.  Then open up cmd, then go to your kimocoin-qt.exe directory, like mine is C:\Users\Jacob\Downloads
5.  Type kimocoin-qt.exe -rescan
6.  Add some nodes to get connected:
Help > Debug > Console
addnode kimocoin.com add
addnode p2pool-eu.kimocoin.com add
addnode kmc.1js.us add
addnode dice.kimocoin.com add
7.  It will resync and re-download all the blocks and update the chainstate

These instructions are only if you have trouble, it should sync without this.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Nice work, it all synced perfectly here, last updated before was a couple days back.
becks555

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:44:59 AM

Really a nice work Jacob, updated and synced smoothly.
It's time to wake up my miner and get other coins while block reward is still high enough.  Smiley
Qxw

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:56:18 AM

Really a nice work Jacob, updated and synced smoothly.
It's time to wake up my miner and get other coins while block reward is still high enough.  Smiley

Exactly, perfect work in difficult emergency situation where unexpectedly old "forgetme" code fatal bug produce problem.

Other thing.
Please someone who can, help that also chinese understand KMC regeneration by new reliable management.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=531180.msg7854430#msg7854430
This old chinese topic need immediately stop and do new or some other solution. I can not do it.

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:44:39 PM

This old chinese topic need immediately stop and do new or some other solution. I can not do it.

Chinese participation is really good for coins.  They have 30% of earth's population and rising wealth.  It's unfortunate that we cannot communicate well with their community. What we really need is a Chinese ANN thread.  Can anyone find a translation service?  I would pay a small fee and write something up, but we need a strong translation by a native speaker.

hustman

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

I'm going to sleep now, so I will post some troubleshooting instructions in case anyone has trouble syncing the new wallet.

1.  Go to your Kimocoin appdata folder > C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\KimoCoin
2.  Make a backup copy of wallet.dat (optional, but a good idea)
3.  Delete chainstate, blocks, database, and peers.dat
4.  Then open up cmd, then go to your kimocoin-qt.exe directory, like mine is C:\Users\Jacob\Downloads
5.  Type kimocoin-qt.exe -rescan
6.  Add some nodes to get connected:
Help > Debug > Console
addnode kimocoin.com add
addnode p2pool-eu.kimocoin.com add
addnode kmc.1js.us add
addnode dice.kimocoin.com add
7.  It will resync and re-download all the blocks and update the chainstate

These instructions are only if you have trouble, it should sync without this.

nice work!
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:44:18 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 03:08:29 PM by jacob019

• Voting for the new logo is over.  The winner is BitDesign.  Thank you to everyone who participated, especially MoneroMoo and Didux for their logo contributions.  It was a really close contest--they're all great logos, but I need to start the integration work.
  • Next week I will release the KIMO beta wallet with the new logo, the symbol change (KMC -> KIMO), and decimal change (1000 KMC = 1 KIMO).  The KMC and KIMO wallets are 100% compatible, so we can user test the new wallet for a few days before asking Comkort and the pools to change.  I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.
  • We'll be holding another auction this week, maybe another SSD.  First we must wait for Comkort to resume deposits and withdrawals (they suspended it per my request due to the hard fork).
  • If you have not yet updated your wallet after the 7/14 hard fork, you must download the updated wallet.  The old wallet will not work.

Qxw

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:34:20 PM

• Voting for the new logo is over.  The winner is BitDesign.  Thank you to everyone who participated, especially MoneroMoo and Didux for their logo contributions.  It was a really close contest--they're all great logos, but I need to start the integration work.
  • Next week I will release the KIMO beta wallet with the new logo, the symbol change (KMC -> KIMO), and decimal change (1000 KMC = 1 KIMO).  The KMC and KIMO wallets are 100% compatible, so we can user test the new wallet for a few days before asking Comkort and the pools to change.  I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.
  • We'll be holding another auction this week, maybe another SSD.  First we must wait for Comkort to resume deposits and withdrawals (they suspended it per my request due to the hard fork).
  • If you have not yet updated your wallet after the 7/14 hard fork, you must download the updated wallet.  The old wallet will not work.

Good luck for KIMO new logo. All logos was good. Most important is that old is changed asap.

Quote from: jacob019
I want to make sure everyone has updated from the fork before we begin the transition to KIMO.

My mutual opinion is that this is very important point!

It is sad that qt-wallet do not have (?) message function where "system" can push some "alarm" type notification to wallett window so that user is forced to get (what ever important system information) information without user self active seeking and finding this info from some forum.

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

It is sad that qt-wallet do not have (?) message function where "system" can push some "alarm" type notification to wallett window so that user is forced to get (what ever important system information) information without user self active seeking and finding this info from some forum.

The wallet does have such a feature, but there is a public key encoded in the wallet for verifying the messages.  The public key is the same as Vertcoin which Kimocoin was originally forked from. We do not have the private key so we cannot send the messages.  I will study it, maybe we can update it for the KIMO release.  It would be a nice way to make announcements, but unfortunately we cannot use it to announce the fork.

sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:23:54 PM

wallet updated Wink

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

Congratulations to BitDesign on the win. A nice and distinctive logo. It was a close race to the end Smiley

About the key issue, I think I saw somewhere that some coin dev had left the key from the coin they forked, and the original dev sent a warning about this to the new coin's wallet Cheesy Not 100% sure it's true though, but better change it anyway just in case!
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

I have updated the logo on the OP, website, faucet, and P2Pools.  Our next version of the wallet will have the new logo as well.  If you find our old logo anywhere, please ask the site to update it.  I can provide PNG's of any size by request, or you can use this vector grapic to make them yourself:
http://www.kimocoin.com/img/kimocoin.svg
(it makes for much sharper images than resizing a raster graphic)

27 Faucets sent in the last 24H, WOW!

If you have not yet updated your wallet after the 7/14 hard fork, you must download the updated wallet.  The old wallet will not work.

jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

Trading has resumed on Comkort.
https://comkort.com/market/trade/kmc_ltc

cell.md

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:44:04 PM

Trading has resumed on Comkort.
https://comkort.com/market/trade/kmc_ltc

And more than that, it was a good trading day Smiley
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:38:53 AM

I am pleased to announce the third Kimocoin auction.  This time we are auctioning a new Toshiba 60GB SSD.  The capacity is lower than our last SSD, but the specs are top of the line.  I hope the lower capacity will bring the price within reach of more users.

Toshiba 60GB 2.5" SSD SATA III 6 Gb/s MLC

Model: THNSNH060GCST4PAGB
Read speed: 534 MB/s  Shocked
Write speed: 450 MB/s
Lithography: 19 nm

This a KMC only auction with free worldwide shipping.  Bidding starts at 10M KMC and ends on 7/21 at 4:00 AM GMT.  Who will place the first bid of 10M KMC?

cell.md

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:33:04 AM

25M from me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: