Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoind.exe has stopped working  (Read 2606 times)
safeminer (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

Ok so right now I am running Bitcoin Core 64 Bit.
I have my appdata moved to my D drive and run Bitcoin Core with the commandline option for the datadir.
Bitcoin Core wallet is working 100% fine.

I installed armory, set the bitcoin install location and alternative blockchain location in the settings.
I tried adding the --satoshi directory parameter.
Whatever I do as soon as i start up armory I get bitcoind.exe has stopped working and Armory will stay offline.

Help me pls
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:28:35 PM

It's --satoshi-datadir

It would be entirely easier to figure out your issue if you created a ticket and attached your log file with it.

lasketella

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:49:18 AM

I seem to have the exact same problem. Also exact same setup, having the bulk of data on a D: drive to save room on my primary (small) SSD. Everything worked fine before i upgraded to Armory 0.93 & Bitcoin Core 0.10

Would like to access my coins. I was really looking forward to this upgrade since it was supposed to make re-syncing much faster... so far the syncing has taken 3+ days and counting... ugh...
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 09:48:01 PM by PabloW

Same here. Moved files exactly like the video tutorial explaines, and created the shortcut.

Is there anything I have to do to make the Bitcoin core app to know I moved it's files also? i suspect it has something to do with that

edit: just solved it.
1. Make a shortcut of you bitcoinqt and do this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir="d:\BitCoinData" (this would be the directory you placed the files)

2. Open bitcoinqt with that shortcut (make sure armory is closed)

3. Then open Armory, it will ask to close your bitcoinqt, select yes. then starts syncing normally. At least for me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: