Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {ANN} Square - POW/Dist Hybrid 5 M Total - Launch 07/01/14 12 PM EST SHARP!  (Read 12812 times)
thunderlei

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:40:50 AM

Is bosman the dev who startup this project?  By far, the roadmap for this coin is not clear, really hope the team can think through what they want to bring to the field.  See, we all know there is great potential here in crypto currency and there r a lot of problem here and now. Any attempts to fix problem and push forward could have a share of investment and attention. otherwise there is no point to fight in, Changing the way of IPO just is not enough.

Hopefully , build the team and form the vision
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquareDev (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:51:23 AM

Is bosman the dev who startup this project?  By far, the roadmap for this coin is not clear, really hope the team can think through what they want to bring to the field.  See, we all know there is great potential here in crypto currency and there r a lot of problem here and now. Any attempts to fix problem and push forward could have a share of investment and attention. otherwise there is no point to fight in, Changing the way of IPO just is not enough.

Hopefully , build the team and form the vision

Very well said, with the right issues identified.

This is a traditional coin built on a trusted infrastructure. No gimmicks out of the gate.

The truth is, development takes the best talent, and that talent isn't free. In order to retain the best you need to pay for them. That is our vision. we want a community directed coin with the funding to back the best in the industry to drive it forward. To those who have worked for us so far, please vouch for us. We believe in paying for talent and seeking to retain that talent through the relationships we build and paying industry leading compensation.

To be a success we need to operate accordingly. This is for the long term, and we can't wait to recruit the best talent in the industry to make that so!

Thanks again for your excellent question.  Smiley
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:13:41 AM

Hello,World,I am Square...

very interested,pls count me in.

Don't forget to retweet!

https://twitter.com/squarecoindev/status/483801175230533632

Can't wait for the launch tomorrow. We are here to please!

SquareCoin
sony87

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:14:14 AM

interesting coin but you should remove premine

Devs don't get any of the Premine. Check out the description of the project in the OP. We have to participate like everyone else. The entire 3.5 mill coins will be sold for 750 sats on Bittrex. This is a great entry level price for a low quantity supply.

We are even considering 500 sats if we get the community support.

So....if I get it right:
1. You premine a fiction coin.
2. You sell the premine to people for ~26 BTC even before they mined some.
3. You just get the BTC and leave.

Anyone else share my thoughts ?

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:30:44 AM

Devs don't get any of the Premine. Check out the description of the project in the OP. We have to participate like everyone else. The entire 3.5 mill coins will be sold for 750 sats on Bittrex. This is a great entry level price for a low quantity supply.

So....if I get it right:

Good call out Sony87.

Lets look at your perspective from a different angle.

1. The "pre-mine" which has been completely transparent throughout the coin launch, is being offered to investors at a price that maximizes distribution. The thought process behind the large percentage of IPO coins was to limit the need for crypto enthusiasts to mine with GPUS and allow the asics to support the network. The pricepoint enables this low barrier to entry for the masses.

2. Our team pays for quality work. Like it or not, if you want to see a project flourish long term, it will need funding. We want to tap into the wide ranging skill-sets of the crypto community to make Square become a standard in crypto.

3. Although always a risk in this space, all we can do is give our word and live up to the examples we have demonstrated thus far to our commitment to the project. I personally have never been more  excited to be running a project in the crypto-space  and all I want for this project is for it to succeed.

I genuinely respect, and understand your concerns. All we can do is demonstrate our commitment to the project through actions. Lets work towards a successful launch at noon est tomorrow and take it one step at a time from there.

Thank you Sony87
emailtooaj

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:36:26 AM

A couple more contributions. The new logo looks good  Grin Grin Grin

sony87

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:39:37 AM

So....if I get it right:

Good call out Sony87.

1. The "pre-mine" which has been completely transparent throughout the coin launch, is being offered to investors at a price that maximizes distribution. The thought process behind the large percentage of IPO coins was to limit the need for crypto enthusiasts to mine with GPUS and allow the asics to support the network. The pricepoint enables this low barrier to entry for the masses.

2. Our team pays for quality work. Like it or not, if you want to see a project flourish long term, it will need funding. We want to tap into the wide ranging skill-sets of the crypto community to make Square become a standard in crypto.

3. Although always a risk in this space, all we can do is give our word and live up to the examples we have demonstrated thus far to our commitment to the project. I personally have never been more  excited to be running a project in the crypto-space  and all I want for this project is for it to succeed.

I genuinely respect, and understand your concerns. All we can do is demonstrate our commitment to the project through actions. Lets work towards a successful launch at noon est tomorrow and take it one step at a time from there.

Thank you Sony87

Sorry my skepticism but i don't follow your idea simply because when you sell all the premine you don't have more coins that will stimulate you to rise their price. You got BTC and no shit coins, what would be the point to stay and support coin that you don't own ! I like the gibberish and good taken work for the masses but i have been seeing this pattern for so long.

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:40:22 AM

Haha nice!

I'm off for the night folks. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to make sure we are good to go for launch!

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:46:46 AM

So....if I get it right:

Good call out Sony87.

Thank you Sony87

Sorry my skepticism but i don't follow your idea simply because when you sell all the premine you don't have more coins that will stimulate you to rise their price. You got BTC and no shit coins, what would be the point to stay and support coin that you don't own ! I like the gibberish and good taken work for the masses but i have been seeing this pattern for so long.

No apologies necessary. We are placing a buy order for 1 BTC on the market launch day. We will have buy-in. The IPO funds can be monitored through the block chain explorer. After our purchase we will post the dev wallet (purchased coins) and identify a transaction that allows all to see we are invested.

It is only fair that, as a start up, we source funding for the coin's development beyond our own pocketbooks. This is how most start-ups work Smiley.

I believe in this coin, and I am personally allocating over 600 dollars to purchase  the coin during the IPO distribution. Beyond everything posted above, I cannot convince you anymore, nor should I feel compelled to. Honestly we have all seen our fair share of disappointment in this space, all we ask is for a chance to demonstrate. Lets let the market decide and the calibre of our launch dictate the course forward.

I really appreciate the honesty and criticism though Sony87. The crypto space needs more of it in my opinion.
btcshop

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:14:05 AM

Following and retweet!
@btc_shop
qq360

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:14:13 AM

Scrypt is good. Good luck.  Grin Grin Grin
ihascryptos

Activity: 560

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:46:55 AM

will we be seeing an active IRC channel with a Dev in it tomorrow?  thats what the people love Smiley

I like tacos!
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:06:38 AM

Wallet downloaded. Followed on twitter. Retweeted.  Now waiting for pass Cheesy
Good luck DeV
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:12:14 AM

What is preventing the 90MHs Scrypt ASICs and large Scrypt farms to take all the coins?
sony87

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:20:14 AM

What is preventing the 90MHs Scrypt ASICs and large Scrypt farms to take all the coins?

Nothing of course Smiley

sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:41:32 AM

this is a scam if you can't see that you are a moron
I have scrypt asics and there is nothing here that
makes me want to point my rigs to mining this crap
I'm gobsmacked that there are so many peeps out
there with more money than brains Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:33:01 AM

I follow on twitter, i re-twitt this and i have the wallet , so i only need the password. Good job dev, and i hope you will have great success.

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:04:44 AM

will we be seeing an active IRC channel with a Dev in it tomorrow?  thats what the people love Smiley
I'm online in the IRC room!
invisiblem11

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:21:01 AM

Why Scrypt? Go X13!

"DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736702
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:04:54 AM

Wow!

So many retweets!

Keep it up folks! https://twitter.com/squarecoindev/status/483801175230533632  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: