Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {ANN} Square - POW/Dist Hybrid 5 M Total - Launch 07/01/14 12 PM EST SHARP!  (Read 12812 times)
SquareDev (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:17:44 AM

Don't forget to log into the IRC channel for updates and discussion! https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/squarecoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:46:43 AM

For the latest updates please follow us on twitter!

https://twitter.com/squarecoindev  Grin
cryptoday.info

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

Click here and join us!
Prop 1%
VarDiff
Dedicated Server EU(Amsterdam, ams-ix)
DDos protected
pre-registration open now!
103deltafox

Activity: 491

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:20:51 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 01:41:02 PM by 103deltafox

this is a scam if you can't see that you are a moron
I have scrypt asics and there is nothing here that
makes me want to point my rigs to mining this crap
I'm gobsmacked that there are so many peeps out
there with more money than brains Roll Eyes

I am not sure what about this is screams "Scam" to you???

This is one of the few coins being released that has an IPO which is being handled by an exchange which it is not the parent of (lets not forget SharexCoin, which created an exchange and still scammed the members)...Bittrex is hardly looking to scam 12BTC for the sake of a new coin.

This coin chose scrypt because it is way easier for someone to slap a gridseed on this, mine it at launch, continue to mine it, and support the network when the price remains stable. Rather than force the Dev to constantly create hype or falsely offering "whatever trending service/feature" that the community demands (ie. the anonymity train that is currently leaving the station) in order to keep rigs pointed at it. An asic owner will just set it and forget it. Those of us with larger GPU rigs have to consider what we mine carefully to make sure that we meet our own ROI. We tend to mine coins that are profitable, but also skip from coin to coin to coin...

Is this coin going to make you rich overnight? No. Is this coin the new "flavor of the week?" Who knows? But even in the OP it states that they are looking to create a stable price coin... That means low volatility on trading, which means less pump and dump scenarios, which also means less profit for those looking to make a quick buck... Day traders trade on volatile markets, Whales crash prices and accumulate and then dump coins to make a profit. Ever notice how none of the "money making" coins are actually well distributed or widely used by the end consumer base?

Of course everyone wants X11, x13, x15, z25, and Q14 algos... They give more hash per rig, run cooler, make you look younger, and remove wrinkles from what I've heard Wink  But the Dev decided on scrypt...so scrypt it is. Crying about the algo is like complaining that BlackCoin or WhiteCoin could have been better if the Dev's would have chosen your specific favorite color instead...

This Dev is new (at least his screen-name here is)...So without even hitting launch, your accusing someone of something the haven't even done yet. Give them a chance! So far they have:

1. Developed a coin.
2. Announced the coin to the community.
3. Paid for involvement (in BTC mind you, not promises of portions of a premine)
4. Set a launch date.

Now, I don't see how they have scammed anyone at this point?Huh Do you???

Next, they are set to:

5. Have a successful launch.
6. Distribute the coins via Bittrex for a set price (This is the IPO)
7. Participate by purchasing their share of the coins like everyone else!
8. Provide support and development for the coin.

So, until the fail at one of these...how can anyone yell "Scam!" Huh?? So far, what has been promised has been delivered...

At least see how the launch and IPO go before FUD'ing a coin...Just because you may not have enough BTC to make a killing on this venture does not mean you have to FUD this coin before it is even launched...but that is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one...

g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:25:00 PM

I'm just interested in this coin. Good name. Good promotion. Also I'm curious about Giveaways.
Let's wait and see
rochere

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:44:40 PM

thanks

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

This is one of the few coins being released that has an IPO which is being handled by an exchange which it is not the parent of (lets not forget SharexCoin, which created an exchange and still scammed the members)...Bittrex is hardly looking to scam 12BTC for the sake of a new coin.

This coin chose scrypt because it is way easier for someone to slap a gridseed on this mine, continue to mine it, and support the network when the price remains stable. Rather than constantly having to create hype or falsely offering "whatever trending service/feature" that the community demands (ie. the anonymity train that is currently leaving the station). An asic will just set it and forget it, Those of us with larger GPU rigs have to consider what we mine carefully to make sure that we meet our own ROI. We tend to mine coins that are profitable, but also skip from coin to coin to coin...

Is this coin going to make you rich overnight? No. Is this coin the new "flavor of the week?" Who knows? But even in the OP it states that they are looking to create a stable price coin... That means low volatility on trading, which means less pump and dump scenarios, which also means less profit for those looking to make a quick buck... Day traders trade on volatile markets, Whales crash prices and accumulate and then dump coins to make a profit. Ever notice how none of the "money making" coins are actually well distributed.

Of course everyone wants X11, x13, x15, z25, and Q14 algos... They give more hash per rig, run cooler, make you look younger, and remove wrinkles from what I've heard Wink  But the Dev decided on scrypt...so scrypt it is. Crying about the algo is like complaining that BlackCoin or WhiteCoin could have been better if the Dev's would have chosen your specific favorite color instead...

This Dev is new (at least his screen-name here is)...So without even hitting launch, your accusing someone of something the haven't even done yet. Give them a chance! So far they have:

1. Developed a coin.
3. Paid for involvement (in BTC mind you, not promises of portions of a premine)
4. Set a launch date.

Next, they are set to:

So, until the fail at one of these...how can anyone yell "Scam!" Huh?? So far, what has been promised has been delivered...

At least see how the launch and IPO go before FUD'ing a coin...Just because you may not have enough BTC to make a killing on this venture does not mean you have to FUD this coin before it is even launched...but that is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one...

Thank you sir for that excellent analysis based on the facts at hand.

I am the lead developer of this project. I will sign out and back into the Dev account to validate. I wanted to keep the Dev account separate from my primary one for organizational purposes.

Confirmed!

Less than 2 hours to go! Don't miss the launch folks!
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

This coin chose scrypt because it is way easier for someone to slap a gridseed on this, mine it at launch, continue to mine it, and support the network when the price remains stable. Rather than force the Dev to constantly create hype or falsely offering "whatever trending service/feature" that the community demands (ie. the anonymity train that is currently leaving the station) in order to keep rigs pointed at it. An asic owner will just set it and forget it. Those of us with larger GPU rigs have to consider what we mine carefully to make sure that we meet our own ROI. We tend to mine coins that are profitable, but also skip from coin to coin to coin...

Is this coin going to make you rich overnight? No. Is this coin the new "flavor of the week?" Who knows? But even in the OP it states that they are looking to create a stable price coin... That means low volatility on trading, which means less pump and dump scenarios, which also means less profit for those looking to make a quick buck... Day traders trade on volatile markets, Whales crash prices and accumulate and then dump coins to make a profit. Ever notice how none of the "money making" coins are actually well distributed or widely used by the end consumer base?

Of course everyone wants X11, x13, x15, z25, and Q14 algos... They give more hash per rig, run cooler, make you look younger, and remove wrinkles from what I've heard Wink  But the Dev decided on scrypt...so scrypt it is. Crying about the algo is like complaining that BlackCoin or WhiteCoin could have been better if the Dev's would have chosen your specific favorite color instead...

1. Developed a coin.
4. Set a launch date.

Next, they are set to:

you're right man
+1 +1  Smiley

ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:28:43 PM

Looking forward to this coin. Hopefully Bittrex offers Squarecoin on the exchange.
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:29:31 PM

Don't be shy! Join us in the IRC Channel : https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/squarecoin  Cheesy
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

1. Developed a coin.
4. Set a launch date.

Next, they are set to:

very good point, hope this will make people see clearly the situation. This is a good coin, believe in Square Coin.

SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:39:18 PM

Remember, either be in the IRC channel or on twitter to get the launch password. We will get the non locked wallet up shortly there after. Have your wallets downloaded. The pools are all notified.
becausePool

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

SquareCoin added to becausePool

https://becausepool.com/index.php?coin=sq
stratum.becausepool.com:3397

Rent some Scrypt hash power at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/

https://becausepool.com 1% fee on all coins.
Custom MPOS with single account for all coins. NOMP stratum servers.
Follow us on twitter @becausePool for updates during launches
Revelation

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:55:27 PM

The fact that Bittrex is hosting the IPO doesn't mean this is not a scam. This just means that the trade will happen and there will be no scam in terms of getting the IPO coins (as with some other coins where devs didn't even bother to have the coins). However, there is nothing from precluding the devs to take their 12 bitcoins and leave the project on day 0. Was there a single IPO coin that was not a scam?
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:56:17 PM

Does anyone realize this about the coin?

The IPO is going to suppress the coin price to 750 satoshi until its all gone.

750 satoshi x 150 coins (block reward) = $0.75 per block (compared to say RAZOR at $50 a block)

It's going to be cheaper to buy into the IPO than to mine. As a matter of fact, you'll likely LOSE money on electricity to mine this coin until the entire IPO is bought.

Mined earnings are contingent on the entire IPO being bought/sold, seems like a scam coin to me.
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

750 satoshi x 150 coins (block reward) = $0.75 per block (compared to say RAZOR at $50 a block)

It's going to be cheaper to buy into the IPO than to mine. As a matter of fact, you'll likely LOSE money on electricity to mine this coin until the entire IPO is bought.

Mined earnings are contingent on the entire IPO being bought/sold, seems like a scam coin to me.

The goal is to have the IPO distributed a few hours after the launch of the coin. This will dry up supply and drive demand. It's a different model, we will see!
Revelation

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

The goal is to have the IPO distributed a few hours after the launch of the coin. This will dry up supply and drive demand. It's a different model, we will see!
Do you even understand how the market works? You will dump the IPO coins on the market + miners will dump. There is no support here, pure dumping.
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Looks interesting!

Follow you!!

Good luck for your project!
SquareDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

Do you even understand how the market works? You will dump the IPO coins on the market + miners will dump. There is no support here, pure dumping.

Yep I understand how it works. If there is market interest in the coin, buy orders will support the coin at 750 satoshis.

We will place the entire amount at a sell order of 750 sats. If the market is interested, they will buy.
Leesminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

watching this coin, looks good so far, active dev's and the main reason is simple.....I like this so far because they have a wallet for download before launch.  Not at launch or 5 min after launch or 25 min after launch. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: