Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling pirated / illegal software licenses.  (Read 5270 times)
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:15:38 PM

So, browsing through the market, I've came across a few threads that were dedicated to selling illegal licenses (Microsoft in partitular). To verify that they were illegal, I confirmed they did not ship any sort of COA after purchase of key (required for any sort of retail / OEM license). They sold retail only licenses (Windows home premium and home basic do NOT come in any other forms other than retail / oem [they aren't offered via VLK as they are home licenses, not business]).

Therefore, they're selling pirated keys / breaking Microsoft's ToS. According to the ToS / EULA when you use the keys, they aren't actually your keys to use.

I gave him plenty of chances to present his Microsoft Partner ID before I came here to report him, but he failed to do so.

Anyway, the thread in question is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509600.0

By the way, I'm not writing this thread to get him punished. I'm writing this thread to protect any potential customers from getting scammed. Microsoft will eventually blacklist any sort of pirated keys, and eventually, their activations will say their software is pirated.

1. Trading of goods that are illegal in the seller's or buyer's country is forbidden.
   - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3629.msg51405#msg51405

Edit: Forgot about the MSDN accounts, my bad.

As for the MSDN accounts, rule 3 covers that. More information can be found here:
   - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134779.msg1435482#msg1435482

Ownership of the MSDN accounts cannot be transferred, at all.

Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:49:15 PM

Was sure you are talking about that thread when I read the title. I wanted to buy a Windows license from him some time ago, but was in doubt if the keys are pirated or not. Good thing my spider sense tingled Smiley.

Floord-1

Activity: 78
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:30:46 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 10:49:35 AM by Floord-1

By the way, I'm not writing this thread to get him punished. I'm writing this thread to protect any potential customers from getting scammed. Microsoft will eventually blacklist any sort of pirated keys, and eventually, their activations will say their software is pirated.

A stupid statement and funny.

Please rely on the truth and reality that is the feedback from customers and partners bought the key from me.

I gave him plenty of chances to present his Microsoft Partner ID before I came here to report him, but he failed to do so.

Are you ready to spend money to see the evidence from me? Note: I Accept Escrow or you go first.

Take a closer look at your article: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20802;sa=showPosts

... Sure, there is the sig campaign, but really, I don't pay much attention to it. It's a set and forget sort of deal. Even without that in my signature, I'd still be posting here.

Which is a scam site - see the complaints about the gambling site you are ethically advertising...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578682.0

A place for friends...
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:13:33 AM

A stupid statement and funny.

Please rely on the truth and reality that is the feedback from customers and partners bought the key from me.

I've seen this exact process before. People like you think they can get away with breaking the rules forever. They always come back and bite them in the ass. Obviously, you lack basic understanding of English.

Let use a real world example, okay? You rob a bank of gold. The gold is uniquely identified by serial numbers (like most gold is). The bank doesn't find out. According to you, all your customers are happy. Well duh they're happy, they still think it's 100% legit gold at a huge discount price!

A few months later, the bank finally figured out you stole the gold. The serial numbers are blacklisted. One of your customers finally try to sell their gold (activate the key a second time / call to home, that sort of thing). BAM! They figure out something's wrong. They get in trouble and come straight to you. You have two choices, refund EVERYONE who've you sold the product to, or run for the hills. According to you, you offer a 'double refund' for any key that's bad (2x what they paid). So not only would you have to refund everyone you sold product to, but twice the amount to not have scammed people.

Also, you're saying that you're not selling stolen goods the entire time because you have happy customers. Just because the customers don't know that the product is stolen doesn't mean they're not receiving stolen goods.

Are you ready to spend money to see the evidence from me? Note: I Accept Escrow or you go first.

Take a closer look at your article: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20802;sa=showPosts
Wait, you're not saying that one must purchase goods to see proof they aren't illegal?

Damn! If I knew people would actually trust me, I'd be the perfect coke salesman! "Hey, I have this coke here, totally 100% legit and legal." "Prove it's not illegal." "Nah man, you have to buy it first, then I'll prove it's not illegal."

No matter which way you cut it, pirated licenses are illegal.

... Sure, there is the sig campaign, but really, I don't pay much attention to it. It's a set and forget sort of deal. Even without that in my signature, I'd still be posting here.

Which is a scam site - see the complaints about the gambling site you are ethically advertising...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578682.0

I'm not sure that's relevant? The only reason I even bothered to respond to the guy in the first place (saying that's irrelevant) is because he brought it up out of the blue in the first place.

Not to mention, I've YET to have a problem with UpDown. I've used their service in the past without a problem, and so far, there's been no proof / action taken about it being a scam. If it were a scam, I'm fairly sure there'd be some more action taken on the part of the moderators / administrators (as in closing the thread or banning the account). Besides, this post isn't about my signature. Bringing it up means it's off-topic, which could be considered spam, and should be deleted.

Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:18:53 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 01:30:25 AM by Floord-1

Are you ready to spend money to see the evidence from me?

Note: I Accept Escrow or you go first.

A place for friends...
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:23:21 AM

Are you seriously trying to sell me a product in meta? Do you not understand you're being reported here for exactly this. If you want someone to pay for evidence that you're not selling illegal goods, you have another thing coming.

Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:30:11 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 01:41:58 AM by Floord-1

Are you seriously trying to sell me a product in meta? Do you not understand you're being reported here for exactly this. If you want someone to pay for evidence that you're not selling illegal goods, you have another thing coming.

You are not my client ...  You can not impose me to give evidence for you a free... If you want the proof ... Please pay money to see it ... OK!  Wink Wink Wink

For others I can provide evidence for them for free ... As for you ... I like to send money.

From these conditions I can comment as follows: You spammers to raise Activity.

A place for friends...
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:37:22 AM

You are not my client ...  You can not impose me to give evidence for you ... If you want the proof ... Please pay money to see it ... OK!  Wink Wink Wink

For others I can provide evidence for them for free ... As for you ... I like to send money.
So, you're saying you'll provide proof that your products are illegal for anybody but me? Sweet. That'll actually work out perfectly. Please, a mod or admin contact him directly for proof of this. If his proof is 100% legit, post here to let me know. I'll apologize and lock this thread right then and there. Remember, we're looking to verify he's a Microsoft Partner or he gets his keys from a Microsoft Partner. Also, that he legally has the right to sell MSDN accounts (which isn't even possible according the ToS on Microsoft), AND he ships actual COAs of Microsoft keys for Home versions of Windows.
From these conditions I can comment as follows: You spammers to raise Activity.[/i]
I'm already at the max amount of activity that helps me in any way, shape, or form. I'm a hero member, more activity doesn't really give me any more ranks. It's literally impossible for me to post faster than what my post limitation currently is. I mean, fuck. I've explained my reasoning for everything.

So far, your posts have been mostly repetitions of stuff I've already responded to on your thread, but let me be you for a second.

Form des conditioners I can has commenters as follows: You spamm0rz teh mah therds to raised acitiverity lerverls.

Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:37:39 AM

Just have one of his/her "happy customers" ask Microsoft if the licenses are legitimate. Microsoft can easily tell if those licenses are pirated or are NFR. I'm pretty sure that a customer who cares about purchasing legitimate keys would not object to finding out if the key he/she just purchased was indeed legitimate. Name-calling and speculation are really pointless when you can easily contact one of his/her buyers and put the issue to rest once and for all.
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:39:44 AM

Just have one of his/her "happy customers" ask Microsoft if the licenses are legitimate. Microsoft can easily tell if those licenses are pirated or are NFR. I'm pretty sure that a customer who cares about purchasing legitimate keys would not object to finding out if the key he/she just purchased was indeed legitimate. Name-calling and speculation are really pointless when you can easily contact one of his/her buyers and put the issue to rest once and for all.

Not quite as easy. See, I could sell a MSDN license key. It activates just like a retail / OEM key, however it isn't allowed to be in production / allowed to be used in an out-of-lab setup (not even allowed to use those keys on your desktop). But it follows the same activation process as any other key on the market.

He sells Home Premium keys without a COA which is literally impossible. Home Premium keys can only be obtained via retail / OEM which requires you to have the COA (certificate of authenticity), which he's never given out / shown proof of.

This is basic Microsoft Licensing. Anyone that's a microsoft partner (which you need to be to sell VLK) should know this.

Overall, if I were a business, and say I bought a hundred of his keys, and got audited by the BSA, I'd fail. I'd have to pay the retail price of all the license keys or be sued by Microsoft and not only pay court fees, but also massive fines. There might even be criminal damages in the end of the case.

Edit: Ah! Sorry about that, I didn't see the "ask" microsoft. If they were on the phone, and knew exactly what they were asking, they'd probably actually catch the key isn't legit.

Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:41:47 AM

So, you're saying you'll provide proof that your products are illegal for anybody but me? Sweet. That'll actually work out perfectly. Please, a mod or admin contact him directly for proof of this. If his proof is 100% legit, post here to let me know. I'll apologize and lock this thread right then and there. Remember, we're looking to verify he's a Microsoft Partner or he gets his keys from a Microsoft Partner. Also, that he legally has the right to sell MSDN accounts (which isn't even possible according the ToS on Microsoft), AND he ships actual COAs of Microsoft keys for Home versions of Window

You are not my client ...  You can not impose me to give evidence for you a free... If you want the proof ... Please pay money to see it ... OK!  Wink Wink Wink

PS: Please reputable members in this forum help me Escrow with this stupid guy...When I put out the evidence in a convincing way and make him see what a stupid comment on my toppic.

Price evidence for him = 300$

If I did not give evidence: Please banned my nickname...Removing my posts.

A place for friends...
lilfiend

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:47:03 AM

PS: Please reputable members in this forum help me Escrow with this stupid guy...When I put out the evidence in a convincing way and make him see what a stupid comment on my toppic.

I don't see any reason for you to argue with bluefirecorp over this unless you aren't legit. You should have been able to provide some sort of proof by now.

I also don't see how he would need to pay you to see if you're legit. Unless all you're going to do is sell him a key and go "see? It's legit!"

I'd buy a home premium key if you could prove that you have the COA's for them, and could provide me with it.

EDIT: Windows 7 home premium... Wink

[Insert E-peen here]
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:48:55 AM

I don't see any reason for you to argue with bluefirecorp over this unless you aren't legit. You should have been able to provide some sort of proof by now.

I also don't see how he would need to pay you to see if you're legit. Unless all you're going to do is sell him a key and go "see? It's legit!"

I'd buy a home premium key if you could prove that you have the COA's for them, and could provide me with it.

Thanks for stepping up. If he can delivery a COA for a home premium key, let me know! (You shouldn't forget to specify which OS you want as well).

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:53:08 AM

I don't mean to impose on something I know very little about, while it IS illegal to sell these keys do you know how easy it is to get keys and activators online? Fuck you could go to kickass.to or some torrent site right now and activate your Windows version for nothing at all. The fact this guy is selling keys, whether they are legit or not that's all him. If they aren't legit and M$ finds out, someone surely will find a way around it.

Although I did read (I think?) that one of the OS's is going to start throwing in a kill-switch for pirated copies of their OS's in the near future, which is a good idea I guess but I'm sure someone will find a way around that as well.

What was the point of this thread? To tattle? I mean seriously, bitcointalk has literally become a bunch of cynical bastards who either cry scam on people or do shit like this.

Let me ask you this, what looking at this thread, all the threads that cry scam and the likes and others and tell me what would entice anyone to look into getting bitcoin? Seriously?

How is this going to convince anyone to adopt bitcoin?

What else could I say?
Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:53:57 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 02:06:00 AM by Floord-1

Why don't you read this comment in my topic:

- Him ordered me to provide evidence or ask politely.

- Him got a knowledge so ignorant of Microsoft.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509600.0

A place for friends...
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:56:49 AM

I don't mean to impose on something I know very little about, while it IS illegal to sell these keys do you know how easy it is to get keys and activators online? Fuck you could go to kickass.to or some torrent site right now and activate your Windows version for nothing at all. The fact this guy is selling keys, whether they are legit or not that's all him. If they aren't legit and M$ finds out, someone surely will find a way around it.

Although I did read (I think?) that one of the OS's is going to start throwing in a kill-switch for pirated copies of their OS's in the near future, which is a good idea I guess but I'm sure someone will find a way around that as well.

What was the point of this thread? To tattle? I mean seriously, bitcointalk has literally become a bunch of cynical bastards who either cry scam on people or do shit like this.

Let me ask you this, what looking at this thread, all the threads that cry scam and the likes and others and tell me what would entice anyone to look into getting bitcoin? Seriously?

The point is, if a business were to buy the licenses and got audited, there's a chance a person who was just ignorant would be going to jail. I'm trying to protect that person from ignorance. You don't do any sort of pirated software in a legit business and get away with it.

Honesty will entice people to look at bitcoin. A place filled with honest people and scammers being banned left and right.

Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:00:43 AM

The point is, if a business were to buy the licenses and got audited, there's a chance a person who was just ignorant would be going to jail. I'm trying to protect that person from ignorance. You don't do any sort of pirated software in a legit business and get away with it.

Honesty will entice people to look at bitcoin. A place filled with honest people and scammers being banned left and right.

Are you ready buy evidence spammers to raise Activity.

A place for friends...
lilfiend

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

You are not my client ...  You can not impose me to give evidence for you a free... If you want the proof ... Please pay money to see it ... OK!  Wink Wink Wink

I'm so confused. Are you saying that now you won't provide me with evidence unless I throw $300 at you first simply because I bothered to ask for it? Fuck that. Show me proof of COA and I'll buy a key.

And BTW simply selling me a key that activates for now isn't proof of you selling me legitimate keys, they could be stolen via a keylogger or, as I suspect, resold from MSDN/MSDNA accounts.

[Insert E-peen here]
Floord-1

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:04:40 AM

I'm so confused. Are you saying that now you won't provide me with evidence unless I throw $300 at you first simply because I bothered to ask for it? Fuck that. Show me proof of COA and I'll buy a key.

And BTW simply selling me a key that activates for now isn't proof of you selling me legitimate keys, they could be stolen via a keylogger or, as I suspect, resold from MSDN/MSDNA accounts.

It is asking for him...spammers to raise Activity

You: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509600.140

A place for friends...
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:05:17 AM

You are not my client ...  You can not impose me to give evidence for you a free... If you want the proof ... Please pay money to see it ... OK!  Wink Wink Wink

Even with proof of a COA, remember to contact Microsoft Support and talk to a representative there. Make sure they're able to tell you the key type and where it came from (which partner ID). With Microsoft, reselling product keys makes you a valued-added reseller (which means he's responsible for ANY microsoft questions you may have).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: