Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 08:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenaddress uses deceptive buissness practices, could cost users millions.  (Read 5487 times)
FrozenBit

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:32:15 PM

Lol at you ignoring what I said above. Why aren't you addressing what this guy posted?
tryexcept

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

What should I address?

I asked you questions which you didn't answer

How can I address emptiness? I mean I'm tempted but there is really nothing to evaluate other than FUD and false advertising.

tryexcept

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:38:30 PM

WTF, how many fake followers do you have Huh  Shocked Shocked Shocked

The more i look into frozenbit the more I smell.

FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:39:27 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 05:50:12 PM by FrozenBit

What should I address?

I asked you questions which you didn't answer

How can I address emptiness? I mean I'm tempted but there is really nothing to evaluate other than FUD and false advertising.

I see you avoid addressing the questions  Shocked Shocked Shocked

It appears GreenAddress is attempting to run a scam, or just using children tactics.

It appears FrozenBit has been brought into this mix somehow. I have greater assumptions of why this is, mostly because greenaddress is pointing fingers.

If this is about what was on the front page of reddit yesterday which I've been messaged about I never clicked on that link and didn't know in detail what it was about. If you respond to bad criticism by feeding the troll you're just hurting yourself. Don't point fingers, instead address it which I haven't seen you do. However, I can assure you we are NOT behind this.

Anyway I invite you to read about our service http://frozenbit.io, and wait for launch. Since we're both multisig I don't see what you're complaining for. Multisig is about awareness. All of my talks with https://www.BitGo.com have been about spreading awareness not crying when someone comes into the mix who does things a little different. I think you could learn some things from that playbook.

Anyway the Gist is, don't point fingers and address what this guy is saying. It's not that hard is it?

Now you can put your finger down.

EDIT: Link to Greenaddress using deceptive buissness practices - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=670613.msg7587965#msg7587965

EDIT: Link to Greenaddress using peddlers to hide that on reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29fdhu/greenaddress_is_using_peddlers_to_hide_bad/

However, lawrence appears to be trolling, must not feed trolls.

EDIT: It doesn't matter if they're affiliated with FrozenBit or not. It's a matter of their opinion on what they see above, if you can't take criticism you're in the wrong business.

To answer your questions

1.) Is that a question?

2.) Is that a question?

3.) Ok

4.) No, I just see this as something people just aren't doing. It's much easier to just let users control all their keys instead of lying to them.

EDIT: Your more fake than your reddit accounts:  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29fdhu/greenaddress_is_using_peddlers_to_hide_bad/
tryexcept

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

Meh, you are more fake than your fake followers on twitter https://twitter.com/FrozenBitIO

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

This is the third separate time I've seen Frozenbit accused of using sockpuppets. At first in the older thread here on the main board I didn't pay it too much attention. But with another post on reddit a little while ago that had users pointing out all the new accounts and now this. I think it's pretty clear what's going on. Not to mention the obvious purchasing of twitter followers that demonstrates a willingness to use questionable methods.

And check the post history of the OP here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642791.msg7174840#msg7174840 is his first post on the forum...lol...nice "interview". And then he makes this thread with the title "Greenaddress uses deceptive buissness practices, could cost users millions." Really?

Way to ruin any legitimate chance your project had at success by a laughably bad attempt at manipulating public opinion. Like honestly, what were you thinking? Did you not think that people would see through all of this? You could have at least tried or something.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

Solution: just manage your own Bitcoins and avoid the drama.
FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:18:57 PM

Criticism is fine, I actively embrace it.

However, we saw issues with wallets and we've attempted to make a wallet that's more secure and that we have nothing to do with. Meaning we have no hand in the process of using the wallet. Alot of services fake security by saying there is no central server, there is.

It seems we're getting blamed for criticism of another services short comings, it's fine I guess we are doing something right.

That's fine aswell, we are taking our time and listening to criticism look at our previous post history ~ we've changed alot of things.

Seems others would agree with me: http://bitcoinpete.com/2014/05/05/on-reusing-bitcoin-addresses/

We want things to be right, not release code that you try to use and it doesn't work. Alot of people are stuck using shit products already, we aren't one of them.

I do encourage questions, but we are feeding a service troll Smiley

So don't point these articles at us, you have some things to answer for you've actively ignored.

Amen, This is always an option. Infact this is highly recommended .
tryexcept

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:26:39 PM

FrozenBit, you are a soul without shame.

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

However, we saw issues with wallets and we've attempted to make a wallet that's more secure and that we have nothing to do with. Meaning we have no hand in the process of using the wallet. Alot of services fake security by saying there is no central server, there is.

It seems we're getting blamed for criticism of another services short comings, it's fine I guess we are doing something right.

That's fine aswell, we are taking our time and listening to criticism look at our previous post history ~ we've changed alot of things.

Seems others would agree with me: http://bitcoinpete.com/2014/05/05/on-reusing-bitcoin-addresses/

We want things to be right, not release code that you try to use and it doesn't work. Alot of people are stuck using shit products already, we aren't one of them.

So don't point these articles at us, you have some things to answer for you've actively ignored.

If you want to salvage anything out of this you should seriously consider just stopping this. It does not reflect well on your business and it does not instill trust in people who might be potential customers.

People in bitcoin are smart and they're not going to let problems slip by. As a competitor you should leave it to the real users to criticise and not tarnish your own reputation by trying to sling mud in a public setting.

Also, you should probably hire someone to do your public relations. Or just stop altogether if it's not an expense that fits your budget.
tryexcept

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:44:04 PM

+1

FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:54:56 PM

If you want to salvage anything out of this you should seriously consider just stopping this. It does not reflect well on your business and it does not instill trust in people who might be potential customers.

People in bitcoin are smart and they're not going to let problems slip by. As a competitor you should leave it to the real users to criticise and not tarnish your own reputation by trying to sling mud in a public setting.

Also, you should probably hire someone to do your public relations. Or just stop altogether if it's not an expense that fits your budget.

I agree green address needs someone to do PR, and address these reddit articles that have been posted.

It's hard to recover from a tarnished reputation.

I suggest anyone whos currently using greenaddress to take all the evidence above and consider http://frozenbit.io

We don't control your keys, were open-source and have no central server.

lets not forget features like:

2FA
SMS Balance Alerts
Real world escrow
Multisignature wallets
AND
User controlled keys

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:58:28 PM

I should have mentioned that I also meant using a solid, tested Bitcoin client that is drama-free, like Armory.
FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:59:27 PM

I should have mentioned that I also meant using a solid, tested Bitcoin client that is drama-free, like Armory.

I agree, that's the number 1 option. Or a paper wallet.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

Do you take your laptop and cold storage key storage device I to shops with you and then connect to the internet and wait for the Blockchain to sync before you pay the cashier? No, you drop some small change in a mobile wallet.

Both methods complement each other, I don't think it's ..."armory only".

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:09:58 PM

Do you take your laptop and cold storage key storage device I to shops with you and then connect to the internet and wait for the Blockchain to sync before you pay the cashier? No, you drop some small change in a mobile wallet.

Both methods complement each other, I don't think it's ..."armory only".

Armory is a good client, I recommend really anything that doesn't choke you out of access to your keys. The best wallets you could really use abide by this.
byteberry

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

To much English for my brain.

So is this Topic against Greenaddress.it or against FrozenBit. I used Greenaddress.it since start and never had a problem. The Support answers very fast and the best it is OpenSource.

To FrozenBit, please be neutral if you want to be successful you need to be more business like and not to write "bad thinks" about a other Company. We also don't know who you are, No Address no Name .... . A good Wallet need a reliable Person behind.

[GreenAddressit Limited - Vincenti Buildings 28/19 (Suite No. 1405), Strait Street
VLT1432 Valletta, Malta, VAT: MT21552512]

♔  uKit ICO Feb 19 - Apr 19 ♔
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ BOOSTING SITE CONVERSION WITH AI ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram
FrozenBit

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:48:52 PM

So is this Topic against Greenaddress.it or against FrozenBit. I used Greenaddress.it since start and never had a problem. The Support answers very fast and the best it is OpenSource.

To FrozenBit, please be neutral if you want to be successful you need to be more business like and not to write "bad thinks" about a other Company. We also don't know who you are, No Address no Name .... . A good Wallet need a reliable Person behind.

[GreenAddressit Limited - Vincenti Buildings 28/19 (Suite No. 1405), Strait Street

Please visit our site for information on us, thanks.

http://frozenbit.io/contact

Our twitter links to everyone who's actively behind the project.

Yasmine
Cole
Calvin
and Jamie
henrydavidharris (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:58:12 PM

So is this Topic against Greenaddress.it or against FrozenBit. I used FrozenBit since start and never had a problem. The Support answers very fast and the best it is OpenSource.

To Greenaddress, please be neutral if you want to be successful you need to be more business like and not to write "bad thinks" about a other Company. We also don't know who you are, No Address no Name .... . A good Wallet need a reliable Person behind.

Who is this?v

This topic is about how Greenaddress is less than truthful with their business practices m8.

It really looks like greenaddress aka tryexecpt is trying to point blame on this frozenbit guy. I have never heard of them before now actually, who knows. They're trying to cover their ass.

That is a huge red flag, really this tryexecpt (Lawrence) guy is sketchy as hell. It looks like marco is his shill aswell.
byteberry

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:17:35 PM

Please visit our site for information on us, thanks.

http://frozenbit.io/contact

Our twitter links to everyone who's actively behind the project.

Yasmine
Cole
Calvin
and Jamie

Hi, thanks for you reply, I don't really want to trust a US Company USA PATRIOT Act

So is this Topic against Greenaddress.it or against FrozenBit. I used FrozenBit since start and never had a problem. The Support answers very fast and the best it is OpenSource.

To Greenaddress, please be neutral if you want to be successful you need to be more business like and not to write "bad thinks" about a other Company. We also don't know who you are, No Address no Name .... . A good Wallet need a reliable Person behind.

Who is this?v

This topic is about how Greenaddress is less than truthful with their business practices m8.

It really looks like greenaddress aka tryexecpt is trying to point blame on this frozenbit guy. I have never heard of them before now actually, who knows. They're trying to cover their ass.

That is a huge red flag, really this tryexecpt (Lawrence) guy is sketchy as hell. It looks like marco is his shill aswell.

Also thank you for the reply, but the business practices from FB (FrozenBit [OMG FaceBook ;-)] are not better

They need update their Website, they are not the first Multi-Sig Wallet.

I would give FB a chance, and also Greenaddress.it. I don't know what happened I really don't have enough time *, but everyone can do a mistake, the good think is every mistake can be corrected.

*Building a Encrypted Cloud, I need help please PM

♔  uKit ICO Feb 19 - Apr 19 ♔
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ BOOSTING SITE CONVERSION WITH AI ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: