Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High-production business directory releasing soon. We want 3 coins, thoughts?  (Read 872 times)
CoinA (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:01:38 PM

Greetings,

We have developed a beautiful digital currency business directory with full in-depth business listing submission capabilities. We don't want to spoil any details at this time, however, we want your thoughts.

We want to support 3 coins in total, with a large emphasis on Bitcoin. We want the Bitcoin community to choose the two coins they would like to see alongside of Bitcoin.
We are developing this to help propel the digital currency movement forward, faster. Bitcoin deserves its own high-production business directory, one that is focused on moving the currency forward to mainstream adoption.

We of course quickly considered Dogecoin, as they seem to have the second largest economy. And we believe Bitcoin users would enjoy having the selection of Dogecoin merchants to choose from as well. We also considered Litecoin, however we are uncertain towards the state of the coin and noticed most businesses accepting Litecoin are also accepting Bitcoin. These are our current thoughts.

Please share with us, which two coins would you like to see our directory support alongside Bitcoin and why?

Thank you!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

hobo nickels, quarks, and flappy coin...for obvious reasons.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:20:45 PM

to be honest, just have your service advertise any business that accepts bitcoin as your excuse not to use litecoin would be the same for any other coin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:30:48 PM

Safecoin is something to look into as it will be used w/ the up and coming MaidSafe computer anonymity stuff that is going into testing in the next few months. Heard an interview about the whole thing on Friday night's Free Talk Live episode and it sounded badass and even one of the hosts is invested in the whole thing.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

Greetings,

I really have to say earlier propositions aren't considerable except maybe Hobonickels which has stability.

I'd say Darkcoin without any hesitation. It has a strong community backed by dedicated developpers, a lot of potential aswell. No need to say more, Darkcoin prove itself in the last few months!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:00:23 PM

Greetings,

I really have to say earlier propositions aren't considerable except maybe Hobonickels which has stability.

I'd say Darkcoin without any hesitation. It has a strong community backed by dedicated developpers, a lot of potential aswell. No need to say more, Darkcoin prove itself in the last few months!

yea thats why dark coin had a hack on one of the pools and has no actual usefulness with real merchants.

just like the other alts..

OP i think your gonna get slammed with everyone shouting out their piles of manure that they want to pretend to have a use. so dont expect any true usefull replies that have coins with true usefulness.. stick with bitcoins. as most bricks and mortar merchants that accept any alt, will accept bitcoin too. (except the odd 1 merchant that only accept an alt to try making people believe the alt has usefulness(publicity propaganda stunt))

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:02:46 PM

Greetings,

yea thats why dark coin had a hack on one of the pools and has no actual usefulness with real merchants.

just like the other alts..

OP i think your gonna get slammed with everyone shouting out their piles of manure that they want to pretend to have a use. so dont expect any true usefull replies that have coins with true usefulness.. stick with bitcoins. as most bricks and mortar merchants that accept any alt, will accept bitcoin too. (except the odd 1 merchant that only accept an alt to try making people believe the alt has usefulness(publicity propaganda stunt))

Haha so bitcoin is a shitcoin? As far as I know, many bitcoin pools have been hacked overtime.. Your argument is just pointless.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:57:42 PM

Pimple Peso and Titcoin!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:16:17 AM

Haha so bitcoin is a shitcoin? As far as I know, many bitcoin pools have been hacked overtime.. Your argument is just pointless.

dark coin has no large realworld merchant use
dark coin is being hardforked to pay the coin dev more money for being a master node.
dark coin on exchange needs peoples real life info if they want to cash out. there goes anonymity
and thats just activity within the last month...

if darkcoin was used with legit businesses, its no longer anonymous.. which makes it fail..
(to cash out or to trade both need Identity to be revealed)

need me to give more examples of why dark coin is fail..

alt coins in general are fail, dont get passionate about them based on the story.. get passionate about their utility.. which darkcoin does not have.

if you truly wanted darkcoin to succeed you would not want it used for legit business as it would go a against the point of being dark.. so why propose it to be part of a business directory..!!!

beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:41:09 AM

if you truly wanted darkcoin to succeed you would not want it used for legit business as it would go a against the point of being dark.. so why propose it to be part of a business directory..!!!

Not sure you've thought this through Frank1.

First off I mostly agree with you that Darkcoin is pretty useless at this point, and may (probably will) completely fail, but you've got the wrong idea about anonymity.

If I go in a store and pay cash for something it is semi-anonymous. They might have cameras, or I might see someone I know, but nobody is getting my address, or tracking my buying habits as long as I don't use a loyalty/credit/debt card. This is somewhat true with bitcoin also, but will become less so. Eventually someone's going to start keeping track of what addresses do what, and after gathering enough info they will be able to peg and monitor many people fairly accurately.

My point is that you seem to be indicating that things like Darkcoin or Dark Wallet are only for nefarious activities, so "normal" businesses wouldn't want to list that they use these "dark" services. But I think there are people (not a lot of them) that don't want to be tracked and may chose to use Darkcoin if they can find places that accept it. Thus, they need to be listed in directories.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: