Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish)  (Read 10898 times)
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:42:45 PM

7. How does the auction process work?
 This is a sealed bid auction. You will not have the opportunity to view other bids. You will not
have the opportunity to change your bid once submitted.

I am not questioning the process. Is there really no way the public can find out the bids unless US marshals or the auction winners releases the information? Can the public download their financial statements and find out how much they were paid?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:48:07 PM

This is a sealed bid auction. You will not have the opportunity to view other bids. You will not

I am not questioning the process. Is there really no way the public can find out the bids unless US marshals or the auction winners releases the information? Can the public download their financial statements and find out how much they were paid?
We will not find out the actual numbers unless:  they are leaked by the USMS (as they did some of the bidder names), they are released by the winners (?), we file a FOIA request and it is granted.  See item #11 in the FAQ.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:51:01 PM

The price is up today so that is a good sign for speculators I suppose. 900 seems way out of line unless they were bidding assuming future value.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:54:41 PM

Even the losers can give some information.  Grin
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:02:19 PM

If it ain't Dutch it ain't much.  Cheesy
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:12:20 PM

Even the losers can give some information.  Grin

Yes! Absolutely. Losers know the minimum to winner's bids. If they choose to release the information, it would be useful too, but it will be after they have bought the coins they need from exchanges first. If there is no official information source, that means we cannot verify any so called "leaks".  Sad
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:37:04 PM

I seriously doubt it.  While I have no overabundance of faith in the USMS given they are not going to release the results information at all:

10. What information about the auction process or results will the USMS release?

The USMS will contact the winning and losing bidders directly. The USMS will not publicly
release any information pertaining to the auction process or results.

From: http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/faqs.pdf

And have not even contacted the winning and loser bidders directly yet, I doubt OP's information.

The winners will have an incentive to push up the price of BTC by suggesting they paid a high price while the losers should downplay what the prices were.  Should be interesting.

They were also not going to release information about the bidders.  They did so by accident.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:41:15 PM

If it ain't Dutch it ain't much.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:41:31 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 12:33:00 PM by BadBear

Is this for real? Or just is this just made up?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

i smell fake leak.

the idea is to put the max at the going rate($600) and hope others have lower maxes so that you can get a bargain below going rate..

coinbase can get coins cheaper already why would they put a maximum price of near $700

anyone putting more then the going rate is a moron. especially those that can get coins from elsewhere.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:53:57 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 12:33:08 PM by BadBear

i smell fake leak.

the idea is to put the max at the going rate($600) and hope others have lower maxes so that you can get a bargain below going rate..

coinbase can get coins cheaper already why would they put a maximum price of near $700

anyone putting more then the going rate is a moron. especially those that can get coins from elsewhere.

Maybe not. There is a thing called "market slippage" It normally happens when an asset goes down on low volume. But, I would image that the same issue is true when an asset is going up. In order for a firm to acquire a large quantity of said asset in a reasonable time, it in itself, directly impacts the price in the direction detrimental the buyer. I would expect a premium to be a possibility.  

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

They might bid $900, but it doesn't mean they will pay. It could just be a shill company driving up bids.
this is a great chance for someone to troll and drive the price up. most likely the case.

Except that this is a blind auction where bidders will not know what others bid, and you cannot constantly up your bids. The highest bid will not up any other bids. And besides, would anyone really want to troll the FBI when their real identity is known?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:05:17 PM

We will not find out the actual numbers unless:  they are leaked by the USMS (as they did some of the bidder names), they are released by the winners (?), we file a FOIA request and it is granted.  See item #11 in the FAQ.
I do not see the usefulness of any of us here knowing that information.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:11:59 PM

Is Pantera even still together?  What do they want with bitcoins?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:40:10 PM

Admittedly, I feel like with the transfer of the amount of coins, a slightly inflated price price (with an appended discount) would make sense. I see a price of $750 as slightly high for 30k Bitconis (considering bulk transitioning), but not overly crazy considering that buying 6k BTC would push the price at Bitstamp to over $700.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:48:15 PM

Pantera accumulates bitcoins. Thats what they do. Then they sell shares of these coins to investors. It's a fund.

more or less retired.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

Pantera accumulates bitcoins. Thats what they do. Then they sell shares of these coins to investors. It's a fund.
I thought they were a band.  My mistake.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

1.  The word "bullshit" in this thread title is misspelled.

2.  Avg purchase price of auctioned coins will be 620.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

Just logged on to see if prices were released...saw this thread.
What a disappointment and waste of time.

RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

$900?

Seriously?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: