Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish)  (Read 10898 times)
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:45:50 PM

http://newsbtc.com/2014/07/01/bitcoin-shop-bids-usms-bitcoin-auction-accepted/

another one confirms their  bid was not accepted, - no prices though.
hope they start putting all that unspent $ into the btc exchanges!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:48:15 PM

http://newsbtc.com/2014/07/01/bitcoin-shop-bids-usms-bitcoin-auction-accepted/

another one confirms their  bid was not accepted, - no prices though.
hope they start putting all that unspent $ into the btc exchanges!

Article didn't mention what the bid was, but by the bidder's comments, it appears to have been below current market price.

"After evaluating the current bitcoin currency landscape, we submitted a bid price that, if accepted, reflected our determination of a competitive and attractive value for our investors."
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:52:11 PM

probably just FUD. it's easy to "leak" some sources just to stoke the crowd into a bitcoin buying frenzy.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:57:37 PM

The coins just moved.  All of them to one address.  It looks like one entity bought them all.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
beetcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

it's kind of funny because if 1 guy started dropping millions into the exchanges, then the price would skyrocket.. and now if 1 guy buys a lot of coins off-market, like via this auction, the price will also skyrocket if the details on the numbers go public. though it's still probably cheaper than buying from the exchanges.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:08:08 PM

The coins just moved.  All of them to one address.  It looks like one entity bought them all.
Yep
http://www.coindesk.com/us-marshals-one-auction-bidder-claimed-all-30000-silk-road-bitcoins/

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:10:40 PM

They all overbid.

it will be funnier when someone replaces the $1 guy with a picture of the Shibe

i am here.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

The coins just moved.  All of them to one address.  It looks like one entity bought them all.
Yep
http://www.coindesk.com/us-marshals-one-auction-bidder-claimed-all-30000-silk-road-bitcoins/

if it's just one guy, then i am pretty sure the bids were over spot. they probably have some sort of plan set in place.. i mean, $18+ million was spent on bitcoins. you don't make that kind of play without having a plan to profit.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

probably just FUD. it's easy to "leak" some sources just to stoke the crowd into a bitcoin buying frenzy.
I would agree. The OP is almost certainly FUD, however one bidder did buy all of the coins so the price may have been close to the market price.

This spot for rent.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:16:19 PM

I would agree. The OP is almost certainly FUD, however one bidder did buy all of the coins so the price may have been close to the market price.

If one buyer won all those coins, the likelihood of being close to the current market (Bitstamp/Coinbase/BTC-E/Bitfinex/Huobi) is slim--there just isn't enough coins on the broad exchanges for that kind of investment without moving the price substantially. A move from $550 to $650 isn't substantial, not by historical standpoints for crypto.

Who knows though. Whoever decided to buy that many is certainly looking for significantly higher prices and liquidity at those levels to move those coins.
thefuture

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

★☆★777Coin.com★☆★ What are you waiting for?

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:25:52 AM

I bought them all at 1,293$ each.

gmx95

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:27:30 AM

So, who bought it in the end and at what price?

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:28:53 AM

One buyer bought all of them.  We don't know who.  We don't know how much they paid.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:32:22 AM

As far as I know, we don't have any information regarding how much each batch was bought for. I'm not sure how the system works in America, but it'll either be publicly released or leaked sometime soon so just wait it out.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:33:45 AM

The bidders all lowballed except one and they won them all. Interesting.

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:53:19 AM

its obvious that someone paid a lot over the market rate.. Im guessing it was between 8-900 dollars per coin, but could have been more (or less, lol)
BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:03:50 AM

I agree that the information presented is likely dubious, but I would NOT be surprised if someone was bidding in the 700-800$ range. Institutional investors that would like a serious stake in bitcoin would dramatically increase the price on any current exchange anyway. It would take a long time to amass 30,000 BTC incrementally without affecting the price in a large way. They would have known they needed to bid high in order to get these coins in that large of a block.

They need to get in now. Institutional investors are seeing the writing on the wall and they want in. How to "get in big" is another question which is difficult to answer for the vast majority of them.

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:30:35 AM

If the winning bid is $800 and the next highest bid is $500, the winner didn't do a good evaluation of the competition.
But we will not know the bidding pattern unless the feds make some additional disclosures.
coincollector

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:03:52 AM

I think these numbers may have been leaked as a red herring...
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:14:11 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 02:30:05 AM by CoinHoarder

I understand there are a lot of fees involved when buying that many Bitcoins, but $274 worth of fees per Bitcoin? Huh

That would mean they paid $39,549,708 over market value.....

It doesn't make any sense. I expected them to go higher than market value due to fees of buying that much Bitcoin, but $274 per Bitcoin is a little much.

I could of bought them that many Bitcoins and only taken a $100 per Bitcoin cut ($14,434,200.)  Wink

I guess you need to take into account of how buying this much Bitcoin would affect the market, but damn that seems like a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: