Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish)  (Read 10898 times)
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:20:51 PM

$18m figure likely comes from the market value, and not the actual bid. It's likely cleverly worded to make you think they have more data than they really do.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
snufflufagus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:24:04 PM

"I just want to dive into a pile of bitcoins like Scrooge McDuck." Said Tim Draper when asked about his plans for the bitcoins purchased.

-Reuters news person

Hey, if Reuters news person said it, it must be true.  Don't question it.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

They all overbid.

Hilarious

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BitPhotos

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 09:14:11 PM

eh idk, like everyone else said, this is a rumor so we will see when we see

taylortyler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

There's no way a winning bid was over 900. If it was, he would be telling the world right?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:36:28 AM

It makes no sense

bidders in an auction don't bid like that.

It's like when you bid on eBay. No one bids $900 for anything except morons because if you expect it to go for around $900 someone will bid $901.23 and when you snipe $900 at the last second ebay automatically places their bid and you lose for $1.23

You're telling me a firm like pantera doesn't have a single person who's ever been outbid on eBay and still bids like my grandmother who only just found the internet

The fed auction does not work like egay.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:46:23 AM

It makes no sense

It's like when you bid on eBay. No one bids $900 for anything except morons because if you expect it to go for around $900 someone will bid $901.23 and when you snipe $900 at the last second ebay automatically places their bid and you lose for $1.23

You're telling me a firm like pantera doesn't have a single person who's ever been outbid on eBay and still bids like my grandmother who only just found the internet

His .02 cents! Tongue Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:10:42 AM

It makes no sense

Yes it does, if someone had bid $900 and someone else bid $901.23 who would have won?

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:21:53 AM

There's no way a winning bid was over 900. If it was, he would be telling the world right?

Not quite because their is no way to tell how the market would react to it in the long run
Perhaps it would work but we do know it is above around 550 from other bidders.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
poncom

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:40:54 AM

........ we do know it is above around 550 from other bidders.

Can you post a link to a statement from any of the other bidders saying they bid around 550?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

It makes no sense

Yes it does, if someone had bid $900 and someone else bid $901.23 who would have won?

No, it does not and your statement is not the point.

The egay software sutomatically sets the levels of increase in the price of a bud, such that a bidder might bid $500, while the increase in the bid shown online is only $10, hence the successful bidder might get the item for less than he is willing to pay.

This allows a bidder to set a maximum bid and not go over it.

Also the fed auction cannot be "sniped" by software as can egay.

The fed auction and egsy auctions are similar animals but very different species.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:52:19 PM

The egay software sutomatically sets the levels of increase in the price of a bud, such that a bidder might bid $500, while the increase in the bid shown online is only $10, hence the successful bidder might get the item for less than he is willing to pay.

The fed auction and egsy auctions are similar animals but very different species.

His .02 cents!  Grin bahaha ok sorry that is the last time I swear.

birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

"I just want to dive into a pile of bitcoins like Scrooge McDuck." Said Tim Draper when asked about his plans for the bitcoins purchased.

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:30:30 PM

I think whenever you put currency into wall street's hands it automatically becomes dirty.

Take a look on the experience and previous projects of Tim...

His company (DFJ) funded Skype and Hotmail. Invested in Tesla and SpaceX.
In my case I smile when I see that he's very involved with science and technology projects!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:14:03 AM

It makes no sense

It's a blind auction, and only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 

There is no transparency like eBay,

$900 for a Bitcoin my ass. The OP is a newbie account, this is just fake info.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:46:27 AM

I didn't say it could be sniped, I pointed out no firm would be stupid enough to bid round numbers since they would know that you can be outbid by a tiny amount and people frequently bid like that ($901 or whatever)

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:34:57 PM

It makes no sense

It's a blind auction, and only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 

There is no transparency like eBay,

$900 for a Bitcoin my ass. The OP is a newbie account, this is just fake info.
No shit Sherlock.  Did you bother to read the thread?  No.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:31:46 AM

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!" - Thomas Jefferson
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:25:00 AM

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!" - Thomas Jefferson

Actually Thomas Jefferson said "It is an inalienable right of the people to believe everything they read on the Internet".
StatusSeeking

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:50:26 AM

I thought Abe Lincoln said that ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: