Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinexchanger.com is now the 2nd exchange with the most BTC Liquidity  (Read 1993 times)
CoinExchanger (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:02:35 AM

I am almost sure that bitcoinica.com is out of funds and they are keeping the site open to get more deposits and ponzi those deposits on those who want to withdrawal. The 17 year old just lost 250,000 Dollars and I doubt he has an extra 250K to cover his loss.

I would encourage everyone to withdrawal your funds from bitcoinica and watch the shit hit the fan.

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com

We will lower our withdrawal fee in the next couple of days, in the meantime 9% is fair.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:12:03 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2012, 12:26:42 AM by Jonathan Ryan Owens

I am almost sure that bitcoinica.com is out of funds and they are keeping the site open to get more deposits and ponzi those deposits on those who want to withdrawal. The 17 year old just lost 250,000 Dollars and I doubt he has an extra 250K to cover his loss.

I would encourage everyone to withdrawal your funds from bitcoinica and watch the shit hit the fan.

We will lower our withdrawal fee in the next couple of days, in the meantime 9% is fair.

Wow. I'm sort of beaming from how fucked you are, sir. You're also most definitely NOT the 2nd largest Bitcoin exchange. That distinction goes to Intersango (http://intersango.com) XD

You're a scamming fuck, Leo. You've admitted to holding and buying stolen coins (the source of your 32k+ BTC liquidity). If anyone purchases your coins, they're purchasing stolen coins. If any of your personal details that have been posted are real and correct, you're going to be getting a visit from the authorities soon.

You're quite a piece of work.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:12:32 AM

CoinExchanger.com is an admittedly unregistered MLB (money license business) that must be registered by FinCEN within 6 months of opening their doors and sharing their first stored value. They have not done so and are in direct violation of federal law.

The owner of CoinExchanger.com is Leo Camilo, who advertises his address as 440 9th ave, New york, New York,10001 US and personal telephone number 1 (347) 469-1040.

His private email (search google) is atqcapital@gmail.com.

He has publicly stated on multiple occasions that:

• bitcoin is fake money, "monopoly money" and has no value and should not be trusted[/b] for this reason.
  • his exchange is functional with a large user base, when not a single user has ever reportedly done business with him
  • he is holding coins stolen from Zhou Tong's Bitcoinica and says "fuck you Zhou, you're just a stupid 17 year old kid, these coins are mine now" basically.

He also:

• goes under the sock puppet scammer account name "Maria"
  • claims to be a millionaire and restaurant owner

He is currently in possession of stolen Bitcoins from the Linode hack and any coins purchased from him will not be accepted by MtGox or anyone in the Bitcoin community.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:17:09 AM

Im boycotting this site and I suggest everyone else does.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:20:16 AM

Mathew has pointed out a number of details about coinexchanger, which are great, thank you for that Mathew.

One error I would like to point out about this post is that coinexchanger is not the second largest exchange.

Actually that honor goes to Intersango, the second largest USD exchange after MtGox, largest Euro and GBP exchange.

I should point out that I'm the community manager for Intersango.
I am Nefario!!! SPARTAAAAAAAaaaaaaa........!!!!

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:25:51 AM

Im boycotting this site and I suggest everyone else does.

No one was ever going there anyway. He has no volume. He upped his fees on the fly just because he got a deposit that could help him recoup his losses. He'll be gone into the wind as soon as he unloads these stolen coins.

For all purposes sake we need to assume right now that Leo Camilo is the hacker behind the Linode theft. He is the only one who has the coins, he announced the deposits SECOND after receiving them and knew their spot value instantly, etc.

He should be treated as a criminal for his already obvious scams and illegal activity, but this one he refuses to respond on should seal the case for everyone.

I should point out that I'm the community manager for Intersango.
I am Nefario!!! SPARTAAAAAAAaaaaaaa........!!!!

Lawl

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:29:38 AM

You are really claiming that you are the 2nd most liquid exchange, when your bid/ask spreads are currently $0.90?  Do you know what liquidity means?

Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 01:43:05 AM

You are really claiming that you are the 2nd most liquid exchange, when your bid/ask spreads are currently $0.90?  Do you know what liquidity means?

No, I'm claiming the largest exchange for both Euro & GBP, and second largest USD exchange in terms of volume.

Spreads on Intersango are actually smaller than they seem as there are plenty of trading bots that pick up new orders within their range.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 01:44:08 AM

No, I'm claiming the largest exchange for both Euro & GBP, and second largest USD exchange in terms of volume.

Spreads on Intersango are actually smaller than they seem as there are plenty of trading bots that pick up new orders within their range.

He was talking about CoinTumbler.  Wink
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 01:49:20 AM

Add me to the boycot list.

Also. Nerfario. You should have said....

"Tonight we dine in hell! and by hell, I mean Uncle Jack's Steakhouse."

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 01:50:54 AM

Update: Leo Camilo is a fictitious name (surprise!) and they've never heard of him there are that restaurant. So the owner of the CoinExchanger.com obviously lied about his identity and has even less reason to be trusted now.

I have a very elaborate theory that needs testing, but if it turns out true it will definitely explain some things to the community and teach them a very grand lesson in trusting strangers. Fuck it, just take the lesson now anyway.

shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 01:58:01 AM

A while back, Maria start a shit fit over some exchange not giving her/him/it whatever, their Western Union withdraw. The exchange was www.bitcoinexchange.cc. I have the former ops phone info, but due to my yelling matches with him on the same subject, I doubt he will answer my calls, maybe.

If anyone has a skype credit voucher, I can give it a shot as it was my skype number that used to call him.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 03:11:37 AM

Nefario, this was directed at CoinExchanger.  I have confidence that Intersango is in fact the 2nd largest exchange.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 03:35:23 AM

Nefario, this was directed at CoinExchanger.  I have confidence that Intersango is in fact the 2nd largest exchange.

Embarrassed ooops, thought that was at me.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 08:05:40 AM

I have a hunch that coinexchanger were in fact the people behind this whole hacking business.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 09:56:12 PM

I have a hunch that coinexchanger were in fact the people behind this whole hacking business.

Really, based on what?  His claim that they received stolen coins, backed by absolutely zero evidence?

If it was true that he had stolen coins, they'd be selling for cheaper than MtGox.  They're not! Asking price at coinexchanger ridiculously high (not even counting the withdrawal fee).  Conclusion: coinexchanger = troll.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 10:15:45 PM

Really, based on what?  His claim that they received stolen coins, backed by absolutely zero evidence?

If it was true that he had stolen coins, they'd be selling for cheaper than MtGox.  They're not! Asking price at coinexchanger ridiculously high (not even counting the withdrawal fee).  Conclusion: coinexchanger = troll.

I mentioned this in another thread, but basically, the fees don't matter to someone looking for an anonymous, easy and shady place to unload for quick and easy cash.

To be honest, CoinExchanger is starting to look like the only place the hacker could go if he wanted to avoid the wrath of the community (since CoinExchanger is full on douchebag).

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Really, based on what?  His claim that they received stolen coins, backed by absolutely zero evidence?

If it was true that he had stolen coins, they'd be selling for cheaper than MtGox.  They're not! Asking price at coinexchanger ridiculously high (not even counting the withdrawal fee).  Conclusion: coinexchanger = troll.

I mentioned this in another thread, but basically, the fees don't matter to someone looking for an anonymous, easy and shady place to unload for quick and easy cash.

To be honest, CoinExchanger is starting to look like the only place the hacker could go if he wanted to avoid the wrath of the community (since CoinExchanger is full on douchebag).

But the fees matter to the buyer.  That's why we have reports of a couple of folks who bought possibly stolen coins from cryptoXchange - because they were the cheaper than mtgox.

Until coinExchanger can be confirmed to be selling coins below mtgox price, anyone investigating him is wasting their energy on an obvious troll who should just be ignored.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: