Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your opinion on fluoride
Excellent benefit to mankind, put it in everything - 2 (5.1%)
It keeps my teeth healthy and is dentist recommended - 11 (28.2%)
It causes Fluorosis - 0 (0%)
If it is good for teeth then why shower in it? - 3 (7.7%)
It's Toxic waste - 19 (48.7%)
What the hell is that? - 4 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about fluoride?  (Read 2883 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:20:24 PM

What I don't get is there's a lot of opposition to putting it in water supplies yet never any discussion on not adding it. I keep hearing this teeth argument but if the damn stuff is already in toothpaste then there's no need to add it to the water supply. Also, aren't there laws against medication without consent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z40PCA4ur84

mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:56:54 AM

I feel that fluoride is love, fluoride is life. Without it we would see a significant amount of people with bad teeth.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

Fluorosis can occur easily in young children, that's why young kids should refrain from using toothpaste until they learn to properly spit out the toothpaste instead of swallowing it.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 10:58:15 AM

Fluorosis can occur easily in young children, that's why young kids should refrain from using toothpaste until they learn to properly spit out the toothpaste instead of swallowing it.

.... Isn't that just down to not being stupid and parents teaching them how to brush their teeth properly than flouride itself?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

.... Isn't that just down to not being stupid and parents teaching them how to brush their teeth properly than flouride itself?

The rapidly growing teeth of young kids and the germinal bud teeth (permanent teeth) are susceptible to it.  That combined with stupid parents can lead to the discoloration.  So it's 2 factors.  Once the kids are past 3 years they should be OK.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:42:40 AM

Not really that bothered, tried some fluoride free toothpaste once and it tasted like shit  Grin

Read on some tinfoil sites that it can lower your IQ, more than likely bullshit.

majakn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:52:51 AM

It's Toxic waste
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:38:12 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 03:07:34 AM by pedrog

It's Toxic waste

Actually, it's a naturally occurring ion...

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:33:16 PM

It depends on how much fluoride you assume...

Little fluoride is good for your teeth; much fluoride is bad for everything.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:37:58 AM

I was forced to eat fluoride pills in elementary school. They accused me of being the most disruptive student ever.

Fortunately I took up smoking in high school and the nicotine has since cleaned the aluminum plaque the fluoride had glued to the neurons in my brain off.

Sucks for the people who don't consume niccotine as they put floride in all processed foods and spray us liberally with aluminum aerosols.

The brain plaque does serve a perpose beyond reducing intellectual capacity and motor function. The aluminum plaque allows for better reception of RF waves and increased brainwave entrainment. The RF signals are bounced off the aluminum aerosol clouds that are sprayed.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:03:48 AM

I didn't know there would be a discussion about this element. Didn't know it was racy.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:47:58 AM

You guys know they put chlorine in the water too?  Chlorine and fluorine are both very similar elements.  Go worry about that now.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:57:09 AM

As I understand it, there is both naturally occurring fluoride which is healthy in that amount, and non-naturally occurring fluoride that's essentially bought from China, for the most part, as toxic waste and dumped into the city water supply and passed off as the naturally occurring stuff.  Studies have been done on this compound and have shown that the benefit of having "healthy teeth" (and by that I mean people are getting what's called 'fluorosis' from too much fluoride which fucks up their teeth, and there seems to be no study showing that nations which do fluoride generally have better teeth than nations which don't fluoridate) does not outweigh the health loss and decreased IQ.

Ignoring all of that, libertarians generally understand this better than anyone else: if they're forcing you to take it, it's not good for you.  The argument as to whether we should fluoridate or not is a red herring; they sell fluoride pills that those who think fluoride is good for them can take, it would be far more efficient--as is anything in this world--for individuals to decide for themselves what they will put in their bodies.  There is no debate about that; the debate is between whether or not we actually need to force everyone to do it or not do it, to which the decision is obvious to anyone who still has the ability to empathize.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:54:28 AM

I was forced to eat fluoride pills in elementary school. They accused me of being the most disruptive student ever.

Fortunately I took up smoking in high school and the nicotine has since cleaned the aluminum plaque the fluoride had glued to the neurons in my brain off.

Sucks for the people who don't consume niccotine as they put floride in all processed foods and spray us liberally with aluminum aerosols.

The brain plaque does serve a perpose beyond reducing intellectual capacity and motor function. The aluminum plaque allows for better reception of RF waves and increased brainwave entrainment. The RF signals are bounced off the aluminum aerosol clouds that are sprayed.

Da fuck type of logic is that?

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:02:30 AM

What part don't you agree with?
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:04:42 AM

What part don't you agree with?
Well, the fucked up logic starts around the word "I".

Bruce Wayne's logic is worst logic. ._.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:59:59 AM

the CDC and ADA recommend against using fluoride... so...

cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:54:06 AM

I don't use much of the toothpaste, and i don't understand why flouride is such a big deal, any proven bad side effects there or what?

Bitcoin is DEAD
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:00:14 AM

I don't lose any sleep over drinking fluoride, I'm more worried about water contaminated with heavy metals / anti-depressants etc
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:18:08 AM

I don't lose any sleep over drinking fluoride, I'm more worried about water contaminated with heavy metals / anti-depressants etc

Are you sure?

http://www.wildlysuccessfulhc.com/ws_clinical_know/toothpaste-hypothyroid-and-insomnia-whats-the-connection/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: