Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your opinion on fluoride
Excellent benefit to mankind, put it in everything - 2 (5.1%)
It keeps my teeth healthy and is dentist recommended - 11 (28.2%)
It causes Fluorosis - 0 (0%)
If it is good for teeth then why shower in it? - 3 (7.7%)
It's Toxic waste - 19 (48.7%)
What the hell is that? - 4 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about fluoride?  (Read 2883 times)
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:37:41 PM

i'm not a huge fan of having it put in the water. i use high quality filtration for any tap water we use, but for drinking, we mostly have glass bottled spring water. i need my water to taste and feel good, and i don't need to worry about that crap....
Did you read this reply and are you sure your state doesn't do it?
I know fluoride is FORCED in every water bottle in Canada, its sick and plain stupid

If that is true, I fully agree. Nobody should be forced to consume certain chemicals.

Hopefully it is at least denoted on the bottles, that flouride is contained.

ya.ya.yo!

this is how it works in the US:
The FDA standards of quality state that domestic bottled water with no added fluoride may contain between 1.4 and 2.4 milligrams per liter (mg/L) fluoride, depending on the annual average daily air temperatures at the location where the bottled water is sold. Domestic bottled water with added fluoride can contain between 0.8 and 1.7 mg/L fluoride, depending on the annual average daily air temperatures where the bottled water is sold.
http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/faqs/bottled_water.htm

here is a list of fluoride content on average in common bottled waters (it can't be avoided entirely):
http://fluoridealert.org/content/bottled-water/

like I said, good water filtration is good. Smiley
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

i'm not a huge fan of having it put in the water. i use high quality filtration for any tap water we use, but for drinking, we mostly have glass bottled spring water. i need my water to taste and feel good, and i don't need to worry about that crap....
I know fluoride is FORCED in every water bottle in Canada, its sick and plain stupid

If that is true, I fully agree. Nobody should be forced to consume certain chemicals.

ya.ya.yo!

The FDA standards of quality state that domestic bottled water with no added fluoride may contain between 1.4 and 2.4 milligrams per liter (mg/L) fluoride, depending on the annual average daily air temperatures at the location where the bottled water is sold. Domestic bottled water with added fluoride can contain between 0.8 and 1.7 mg/L fluoride, depending on the annual average daily air temperatures where the bottled water is sold.

here is a list of fluoride content on average in common bottled waters (it can't be avoided entirely):

Hmm i think i should get better water filtration too, how do you do it? Do you have some kind of machine for it or some kind of live charcoal or however it's called? And do you think that something close to it also applies to Europe states?
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:49:47 PM

ya.ya.yo!

Hmm i think i should get better water filtration too, how do you do it? Do you have some kind of machine for it or some kind of live charcoal or however it's called? And do you think that something close to it also applies to Europe states?

i'm not sure what the standards are in Europe, i would think that there may be models that perhaps cater to those standards. this is my filter: http://www.amazon.com/Water-Filter-Multipure-CBVOCSC-Countertop/dp/B0002MIJIG very easy to set up counter-top system, change filter once per year (or more if heavy use).
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:54:19 PM

Please give your opinions about fluoride.
as much as possible, I don't want it in my water

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
onelineproof

Activity: 100
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 10:56:50 PM

You don't need fluoride for good oral health. The fluoride compound they put in the tap water across North America is a byproduct of artificial fertilizer factories. This is toxic waste that costs money to dispose, but instead municipal governments pay for this waste and dump it in our water supplies.

The uncorrupted Bitmark protocol: https://github.com/bitmark-protocol/bitmark
Email <my username>@gmail.com 0xB6AC822C451D63046A2849E97DB7011CD53B564
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

just be a man and drink your damn fertilizer!

hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

LOL. i'm not too worried. but it does seem like a ploy to let corporations get away with environmental pollution...
bitsterr

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

People say its good for you. They also say cow milk is good for you. They also said smoking cigarettes was good for you. Whats the difference in the 3 of those? Don't force me to drink it by putting it in my water, I could care less what everyone else does. Enjoy drinking your cow puss, smoking your cancer and filling your passive brains with fluoride. And I'll enjoy not having to do any of those things.
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:10:38 AM

People say its good for you. They also say cow milk is good for you. They also said smoking cigarettes was good for you. Whats the difference in the 3 of those? Don't force me to drink it by putting it in my water, I could care less what everyone else does. Enjoy drinking your cow puss, smoking your cancer and filling your passive brains with fluoride. And I'll enjoy not having to do any of those things.

what water do you drink? Smiley
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:38:40 AM

Sorry, but I think this is a very dumb poll, because it only allows stereotypical answers.

Everything can be toxic if you ingest/apply too much of it. Only the threshold of toxicity varies among substances.
So all substances that have health benefits can also be toxic if taken in unreasonable amounts. Fluoride is clearly beneficial to teeth health, because it eradicates harmful bacteria and fortifies dental enamel. On the other hand, fluoride can be neurotoxic if ingested. So it is advisable that you avoid swallowing tooth paste when brushing teeth. But that does not mean that you should refrain from using tooth paste altogether.

ya.ya.yo!

I'm more then happy to add to the poll. Let me know what you'd like me to add. I already added what the hell is that.

Also, you advise against swallowing tooth paste. I agree. But it is also put in the water supply and we do swallow that, and shower in it, cook with it, etc.

And from what I understand it's not like we (usa) can just go to the water department and convince an operator to go rogue and refuse to put it in the water. Fluoride is a component of lots of things that get put in, not just a single add on.

JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:42:36 AM

There is also video of "them" spraying DDT on kids to prove it was safe.

DDT sprayed on children link---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxMvUZVRDE
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:47:24 AM

My water comes from a spring, that turns into a small creek, that goes into a collection box, that goes into a 4 inch pvc pipe, that goes into a water tank, that passively pressurizes mine and my neighbors houses. The water has not only tested out to be extremely high quality but several of the neighbors have made it to 100 and the kids who grew up there have really good teeth. There is not fluoride in the water.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:52:06 AM

My water comes from a spring, that turns into a small creek, that goes into a collection box, that goes into a 4 inch pvc pipe, that goes into a water tank, that passively pressurizes mine and my neighbors houses. The water has not only tested out to be extremely high quality but several of the neighbors have made it to 100 and the kids who grew up there have really good teeth. There is not fluoride in the water.

Of course there is!

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z40PCA4ur84

Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:50:10 AM

There is not fluoride added to the water, sure. But there would be naturally occurring fluoride in the water -- the question being, in what amount? It is a naturally occurring element, you know. Smiley

JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:45:46 AM

There is not fluoride added to the water, sure. But there would be naturally occurring fluoride in the water -- the question being, in what amount? It is a naturally occurring element, you know. Smiley

Oh, there is definitely natural minerals in the water. I drink the same water as the 3000 year old trees do.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:10:15 AM

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/13/cdc-and-ada-now-advise-to-avoid-using-fluoride.aspx
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

ya.ya.yo!

i'm not sure what the standards are in Europe, i would think that there may be models that perhaps cater to those standards. this is my filter: http://www.amazon.com/Water-Filter-Multipure-CBVOCSC-Countertop/dp/B0002MIJIG very easy to set up counter-top system, change filter once per year (or more if heavy use).
Hmm...thanks for the link but it's too expensive for my situation currenly, i guess i should try to look into these laws first and hope that we don't have that kind of shitty goverment.
milan74

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:31:03 AM

AFAIK, it makes bones weak by generating CaF2.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:58:40 PM

What a bunch of bullshit, how did you find this crap?

Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Dr. Mercola, unless otherwise noted. Individual articles are based upon the opinions of the respective author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Mercola and his community. Dr. Mercola encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.

spiceminer15

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:28:02 PM

fluoride in water is poison, in toothpaste its ok unless you swallow it. it says right on the tube not to ingest. wonder why
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: