Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 11:01:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Revive a Dead Antminer S2 with Beaglebone Black Rev. C (off the shelf)  (Read 13483 times)
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:51:30 PM

Great instructions. Hopefully I will never have to use them.

thecr4ne (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:24:43 AM

My Antminer S2 is down too, and a new SD card doesn't help either. I'm new to computers, bitcoin mining and electronics so I don't really see myself doing all of this to replace the beaglebone.

Here's my question: does anyone think a raspberry pi could take over the beaglebone's job ? If I just connected it to the control board of my S2 ?

I have BFG miner on my rasp and it says among others : drivers enabled : antminer

Many thanks for any advive !
Pierre

Sorry for not replying sooner. I doubt a RasPi will work. I haven't tried and honestly don't know how much the beaglebone is actually doing that's specific to it's hardware, and how much is just generic linux stuff.

If you've got a RPi and are willing to risk it, pop a new SD card with the image in and see what happens. It would be a cheaper replacement for sure.

As for BFG miner and it's antminer driver, I'd suspect that's more geared toward the antminer u1 and u2 USB asics. But if you try it and have any luck, it might save people some serious trouble.

sdtrojan

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

Has anyone tried the Rasberry Pi route yet?

There must be cheaper options than the Beaglebone Black Rev. C from Adafruit.com

It seems like major hardware overkill for the job..

Thanks for all the info
vdr

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:28:25 PM

after installing the full beaglebone, did anyone try connecting keyboard, mouse, monitor?
is there room in there to do it?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:27:53 PM

Where is Bitmain's tech support when this thread need it so much?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
bilabonic

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:47:29 PM

After trying various memory cards, images, the lot, ALL i done was pull out 2 cards, powered up and i could see the blue leds on near the ethernet port, inserted other 2 cards back in, entered pool details and its working...WTF !!

BTC - 1Ayax24aAU8c1xwAakK94DVDkm4kbfZ8Ch
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: