Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 03:21:27 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SproutCoin - A Community Driven Crypto-Currency  (Read 8364 times)
qiuxiang

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:56:20 AM

Look forward to it.
When do it release?

raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:00:32 AM

Thank you. I'll keep watching this coin's development. I wish you Sproutcoin success.
Samuray

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:25:21 AM

NIST5, Groestl, Keccak, X13 or X15 will be good in the summer - Low heat and Low energy consumption - will match the green tendency of this coin!
Good luck!

Fitness76

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:37:11 PM

Any updates? Dev are you still around? I'm very intrigued by this concept, but would like to know more about when it's going to be launched and what algo your going to use.

103deltafox

Activity: 491

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

Personally, I would like to see a CPU friendly algo... Something like Groestl... X11 or any scrypt will have rentals sweep in at the beginning and then leave when its no longer the most profitabe coin out there...(which might skew your appraisal of what the network support would actually be in the future, and effect the stability of service or potential feature releases)...

IF your serious about continual network support, you have to have a CPU friendly algo IMHO (as miners will always have a bit of CPU hash left over, even from GPU rigs, that they would likely flock to just set it on, and forget it...while still being beneficial for them)...

Complete rigs will come and go, being pointed at whatever is making a positive ROI (you have to at least make what your elec costs are, ya know?)...so when the network hits a point where GPUs can make more off of another alt, most will switch...many miners have CPU hash that they don't even bother using, and your coin would be a major incentive to having those minor hashs work for them and the network...

Fitness76

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:56:48 PM

Personally, I would like to see a CPU friendly algo... Something like Groestl... X11 or any scrypt will have rentals sweep in at the beginning and then leave when its no longer the most profitabe coin out there...(which might skew your appraisal of what the network support would actually be in the future, and effect the stability of service or potential feature releases)...

IF your serious about continual network support, you have to have a CPU friendly algo IMHO (as miners will always have a bit of CPU hash left over, even from GPU rigs, that they would likely flock to just set it on, and forget it...while still being beneficial for them)...

Complete rigs will come and go, being pointed at whatever is making a positive ROI (you have to at least make what your elec costs are, ya know?)...so when the network hits a point where GPUs can make more off of another alt, most will switch...many miners have CPU hash that they don't even bother using, and your coin would be a major incentive to having those minor hashs work for them and the network...

I could be wrong, but isn't that what the "seeding" part of this idea does? The second layer uses the gpu or whatever depending on what the algo ends up being?

SproutCoin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:28:22 PM

Looking at the suggestions, I'm pointing towards x15, yes with the summer and all it is alot of heat and power. Thank you for the recommendation, much appreciated. I'm still in the testing beta stages, i want this coin to be spot on before anything.. Anymore suggestions/ideas please post them. Thank you.
Fitness76

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Looking at the suggestions, I'm pointing towards x15, yes with the summer and all it is alot of heat and power. Thank you for the recommendation, much appreciated. I'm still in the testing beta stages, i want this coin to be spot on before anything.. Anymore suggestions/ideas please post them. Thank you.

Is there anything I can do to help you with testing?

Fitness76

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:56:44 AM

I hope this coin is still being developed. If so I have just started mining with Nist5 on a coin and like what I see. So might be the algo to use for this coin. I think another person mentioned it before as well. Only 2 coins out that I know of use third is being released soon. Any updates on progress?
Have a Good Day

McNulty

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:00:18 AM

I hope this coin is still being developed. If so I have just started mining with Nist5 on a coin and like what I see. So might be the algo to use for this coin. I think another person mentioned it before as well. Only 2 coins out that I know of use third is being released soon. Any updates on progress?
Have a Good Day

nist5 is not so good, there is more power consumption than X11/X13/X15
Fitness76

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:15:35 PM

Have a Good Day

nist5 is not so good, there is more power consumption than X11/X13/X15

Hi McNulty,
Remember you from other coin. My 8 gpus are coming with less power consumption than X11 and X13. I have not mined anything with X15. Are you undervolting? I'll have to test the different algos again and see if it was a fluke or something.

Have a Good Day

Fitness76

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

Hi of course you were right. I was using the old kernel, didn't realize there was an optimized one out already. Also could push my clock speeds a lot higher so of course using more power. Even though I know it doesn't really matter, but getting 8.5 MH/s on a 270x and 13+ MH/s on a 280x just seems cool. Of course since everyone else is getting the same results it doesn't make it a big deal just seems cool Smiley

Have a good day and Hope to hear from the dev soon about if this coin is still moving forward or dead.

Fitness76

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:45:14 AM

Anyone still watching this thread. It seems like this particular coin isn't going anywhere. I was wondering if there are any other coins out there that are like this one was supposed to be?

Thanks and Have a Good Day!

coinlord

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:51:03 AM

nearly 2 months has passed,still no any development progress  Angry Angry Angry
imtom

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

one with skill will make his own coin
Aceman

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

nearly 2 months has passed,still no any development progress  Angry Angry Angry

I believe he's still actively developing it. There are real world obligations and tests which need to be done prelaunch in order to make sure that this coin is everything that it can be.

I have complete confidence in the OP, I personally will be investing into this immediately upon release.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 02:10:22 PM

Algo?
+1
(however no premine, can't be a new algo...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Hashbender

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

It would be great to have this kind of concepts running. Bump, and if the dev is still around, might usggest doing proof of dev. After all, it's free and it somewhat adds a layer of trust for potential investors who don't want to get burnt easily.
siliconchip

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:53:56 AM

Is Dev gone?    Huh Huh

SproutCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:36:50 PM

Is Dev gone?    Huh Huh

Nope, just extremely busy. There is no time estimate for this coin launch. Tests have been made for the structure, just trial and error. Updates will be provided, when new information is available.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: