Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solid Coin Problem (CLOSED: Question Answered)  (Read 4372 times)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 09:44:50 AM

So you have no answer for your entire hash network producing less than $1 a day of coins.
I repost my math here so it doesn't get lost.

The Highest Bid Price for 1 Soiledcoin on btc-e: 0.036003 USD
Number of Soiledcoins rewarded for finding a block in the Soiledcoin block chain: 0.07
Number of blocks needed to earn $1 of Soiledcoins: 397
Soiledcoin network speed: 1 block every ~120 seconds. 30 blocks an hour. 720 blocks a day.
% of all Soiledcoin blocks you need to mine in order to generate $1 of Soiledcoin per a day: 55%
But the tyrant nodes mine 50% of the blocks, so at 0.07 SC per block and the current exchange rate, it is impossible to mine $1 a day of Soiledcoins even if you find every single block. The entire mining community of Soiledcoin produces less than $1 a day in revenue.

The only answer from Coinhunter is a picture of electricity, a computer, and the soiledcoin logo.
Answer that, or are you too busy sending threats to BCX in PM because of your doxing?

Hi, you can determine how much you can make per day here :-

http://solidcoin.info/profit-calculator.html

That takes into account difficulty and the minimum mining fee of 0.05 which is also given. Hope that helps.
you probably need to rename it to "loss calculator"

even with the most efficient system, you still to need to reach ~$1.87/sc just to break even, and that's before adding power used by other components.
that's a joke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 10:29:24 AM

Code:
if(addr.IsValid())
{
for(int x=0;x<TRUST_FUND_NUM;x++)

I prefer prefix incrementation where possible.
Ok, doesnt really matter for builtin types or while named return value optimization is on.
But to be sure once you are in an inner loop with an overloaded increment-operator coming along where it possibly does matter.
It´s just a matter of habbit: Don´t be sloppy whilst coding!

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
shakti

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 10:34:01 AM

Reality Coinhunter has 10 wallets with 1 200 000 coins os he has 1 200 000 $ he "can't spend" Smiley)
If you has 12 000 000 $ you "can't spend" would you do everything to spend it somehow ? Smiley))

Not everyone is as corrupt as you.

Exchanges could also easily block those transactions involving those addresses if they are that paranoid, they can do it now before the code is ever changed.
Ah yes ? just a question ? why are you working on this project ?
1) you want save the world ( Than you should recognize that Bitcoin has potential to help the worl be better and don't scry everywhere "BITCOIN WILL COLLAPSE" )
2) As you mentioned in Solidcoin You are the person world is circle around (well than you are more corrupt as me and your other posts tell me you think Money makes world circle around someone as result you'll spend coins)
3) You just want some money ( Result you'll spend coins )

Other ideas why are you working on that?

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 11:01:23 AM

I think we should create a fork of SC that:
a.Is more rationally designed (no ridiculously low block rewards,data loggers)
b.No stealth taxes (these are exposed as going into CH/RS perssonal wallet instead of 'protecting the network') and only have a transaction fee (like BTC does now)
3.Remove all premines,trust funds (equality and fairness is more important I feel,as if people love the improved fork,then more people will willingly mine this fork,thus boosting security anyway without the questionable premine practice which really fills the wallets of their programmers,creators.)
4.Be free to test other concepts with this fork (otherwise all the above would just be another BTC clone ,rebadged lol.)
5.Be open source and therefore everyone (even non programmers) can look into code and make sure it isn't malware,etc)

If someone can create a better fork of this SC but without all its problems,then please go ahead.When you finish developing your fork,encourage others to migrate to it instead of staying with SC (in its current form) as I think it's high time to stick it to the scammer.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 11:12:46 AM

you probably need to rename it to "loss calculator"

even with the most efficient system, you still to need to reach ~$1.87/sc just to break even, and that's before adding power used by other components.
that's a joke.

You do know no one at SolidCoin thinks you can make a profit right now mining SolidCoin right?

You do know that a coin value of $1.87 or whatever is reached is fine, it will be determined by the average of all miners. The economy setup in SolidCoin is designed so that it's a $1 minimum, not maximum.

Why is that a joke? Is it ia joke that one SC is only worth 4-6c at the moment? Well that's what is going to have to change isn't it if mining is to become profitable again. If it doesn't change it never will.

Again though, I don't see how that's a joke, all that needs to happen is people buy the remaining SolidCoin that are for sale and eventually price has to increase due to lack of supply. Simple economics my friend. The only joke around here will be the people criticizing it whilst they could have bought it for $0.05 and sold it for $1-4. But since that won't be happening for a few months I guess we'll have to wait a bit for that punchline Tongue

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 11:14:51 AM

If someone can create a better fork of this SC but without all its problems,then please go ahead.When you finish developing your fork,encourage others to migrate to it instead of staying with SC (in its current form) as I think it's high time to stick it to the scammer.

How nice of you to offer that "Someone else" should do something. Why don't you stop being lazy and do the "right coin" , you obviously think Bitcoin needs fixing. By the way, SolidCoin can't be forked, license was changed to stop competitive works building from it. Another lesson from Bitcoin.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
shakti

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 11:27:22 AM

How nice of you to offer that "Someone else" should do something. Why don't you stop being lazy and do the "right coin" , you obviously think Bitcoin needs fixing. By the way, SolidCoin can't be forked, license was changed to stop competitive works building from it. Another lesson from Bitcoin.

Ah yes ? just a question ? why are you working on this project ?
1) you want save the world ( Than you should recognize that Bitcoin has potential to help the worl be better and don't scry everywhere "BITCOIN WILL COLLAPSE" )
2) As you mentioned in Solidcoin You are the person world is circle around (well than you are more corrupt as me and your other posts tell me you think Money makes world circle around someone as result you'll spend coins)
3) You just want some money ( Result you'll spend coins )

Other ideas why are you working on that?

Please teach us with your whiteness, Oh lord.
Answers to my questions.

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 11:37:17 AM

See that? This is the true nature of CHs attitude towards people who have different opinions of what they feel should be done.Yh keep attacking a filmmaker and see where that gets you?I can make a film exposing all of your flaws including the attitude of SCs creator (you),then once the world sees how you really are,no one will touch you or want to deal with anything you create again.Who's with me?

I work long hours as a film director for several film crews.I work much harder than you,you know.Grow up Coinhunter and stop calling people lazy who aren't programmers and just want to get on with life. I work as a professional filmmaker not a programmer.Not everyone should have to be a programmer just to satisfy your 'demands'. You are not the boss of the P2P currenncy world,you are not the boss of BTC,yet you have the nerve to call me lazy.You reap what you sow,CH.

It is apparant to me that you can't handle life,so do us all a favour,stop being abusive to forum users on here and step aside from having any part of currency development (SC anyone?) before you embarass yourself again. How about you enjoy an early retirement instead? And stay the hell away from anything to do with cryptocurrency development. If any of you are sick of CH/RS bs then I know how you feel and I encourage you all to join in with me on this.

As I can recall,Theymos showed you up for being a liar. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67177.40  (You denied sending BCX a threatening PM saying you were going to call the police on him,then you categorically denied this and Theymos confirmed that you DID send that PM to BCX)

tatsuchan (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 12:02:17 PM

Looks like I learned my lesson about starting threads with "solid coin" in the name.  Wasn't looking for war of the currencies.  Just wanted a fair comparison.  This is stupid though. 

....is there a way I can close this thread?  I really DON'T CARE what argument SC people have.  It's not profitable to me and that IS ALL I wanted to know.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 12:04:06 PM

See that? This is the true nature of CHs attitude towards people who have different opinions of what they feel should be done.Yh keep attacking a filmmaker and see where that gets you?I can make a film exposing all of your flaws including the attitude of SCs creator (you),then once the world sees how you really are,no one will touch you or want to deal with anything you create again.Who's with me?

I work long hours as a film director for several film crews.I work much harder than you,you know.Grow up Coinhunter and stop calling people lazy who aren't programmers and just want to get on with life. I work as a professional filmmaker not a programmer.Not everyone should have to be a programmer just to satisfy your 'demands'. You are not the boss of the P2P currenncy world,you are not the boss of BTC,yet you have the nerve to call me lazy.You reap what you sow,CH.

It is apparant to me that you can't handle life,so do us all a favour,stop being abusive to forum users on here and step aside from having any part of currency development (SC anyone?) before you embarass yourself again. How about you enjoy an early retirement instead? And stay the hell away from anything to do with cryptocurrency development. If any of you are sick of CH/RS bs then I know how you feel and I encourage you all to join in with me on this.

As I can recall,Theymos showed you up for being a liar. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67177.40  (You denied sending BCX a threatening PM saying you were going to call the police on him,then you categorically denied this and Theymos confirmed that you DID send that PM to BCX)

Call the Po Po Ho!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 12:22:18 PM

Looks like I learned my lesson about starting threads with "solid coin" in the name.  Wasn't looking for war of the currencies.  Just wanted a fair comparison.  This is stupid though.  

....is there a way I can close this thread?  I really DON'T CARE what argument SC people have.  It's not profitable to me and that IS ALL I wanted to know.

I didn't realise that this would have many arguments.This I didnt expect this to be another debate thread.I will admit that,  most former users of SC bear grievances (including myself) so this didn't really help things I will admit as it complicates your reserach of what SC is all about. To close thread ,scroll down to the bottom of this post and look for 'lock topic' as this will close the thread effectively or another way to do this is to type a reply (or edit your own topic),look for the check box that says 'lock topic'. I hope this helps you.

3rd option is to ask any mod to lock it.PM them is probably best if you use this option.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 12:52:14 PM

Simple economics my friend. The only joke around here will be the people criticizing it whilst they could have bought it for $0.05 and sold it for $1-4. But since that won't be happening for a few months I guess we'll have to wait a bit for that punchline Tongue

QFT

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: