Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Integrated Graphics Mining  (Read 2397 times)
Projects (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:40:37 PM

Is it possible to mine with integrated graphics?
If so please tell me how I have downloaded GUIminer but does not find any OpenCL devices or something..?  Huh

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kliffen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:43:25 PM

What integrated GPU are we talking about? HD3450?
Projects (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:45:57 PM

How do I find this out?
Sorry I am really a newbie to this.
It says Intel HD Graphics family in the display adapter ??

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
neo_rage

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 11:31:54 PM

Mining on the non-AMD graphics is waste of time and power, even if it supports OpenCL technology.
If not, then you can't mining.

oxydius

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 11:42:13 PM

Fusion APU's are pretty decent for mining as far as power efficiency goes, but they're not that fast. It's usually a better idea to use the integrated graphics to keep a responsive desktop while dedicated cards are hashing for Bitcoins!
Rion

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 08:23:35 AM

You can't mine with Intel integrated graphics cards (Intel HD Graphics/Intel HD Family) in short. It won't appear in any miner and is basically just your CPU.
AMD integrated graphics cards I haven't tried, but I'm guessing they're different due to how AMD advertises the APUs (only AMD APUs have integrated graphics cards out of all their processors)

TL;DR: You can't mine with your integrated graphics.

Holding: Bitcoin | Ethereum | Ark
TCPC

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 11:40:38 PM

I agree with oxydius, can be handy to use the integrated GPU to run the desktop so you can max out any cards you may have and not worry about desktop responsiveness.  That is what I use mine for.
BlueCorp

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 12:52:25 AM

i currently use Integrated Graphics until my GPU come in
Panda Mouse

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Gliding...

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 07:52:43 AM

i currently use Integrated Graphics until my GPU come in

Agree with TCPC
Deathlimited

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 05:51:08 PM

Don't mine on intergrated GPUs you will end up frying the thing
Intergrated GPUs are meant for light use ONLY!! Tongue
Astalol

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 08:32:59 PM

I know i'm going to be yelled at but..

What is mining ? And why are so many people talking about that ?
Deathlimited

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 08:37:32 PM

You use your GPU to solves blocks to gain bitcoins:)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 08:44:54 PM

I know i'm going to be yelled at but..

What is mining ? And why are so many people talking about that ?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining

tl;dr It's work computers (whether CPUs, GPUs, or FPGAs) do to process/validate Bitcoin transactions. Having many miners (ideally, many miners mining independently and relatively slowly) doing work makes it more difficult for unsavory people to do what's called a "double-spend attack." Mining is currently "subsidized" with Bitcoin rewards "out of thin air" -- that is, every time a block is solved, 50BTC is created and given to the miner who "solved" the block (or given to a pool to be distributed among miners in that pool). In many areas, however, electricity costs can make mining unprofitable. FPGAs, OTOH, are often profitable (perhaps excluding hardware failure costs), but can take a looooong time for it to pay for itself, while GPUs consume much electricity and are thus less likely to be profitable, but in instances where electricity is fairly cheap, pays itself off very quickly, with much higher revenue (and potentially profit). Since mining is currently profitable for many, many mine coins, either as a hobby or for a significant source of income.
Astalol

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 10:37:55 PM

Shocked thank for the detailed explanation. I'll more into it, looks interesting :p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: