Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who believes in $10,000 a coin?  (Read 5919 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:53:04 AM

The trendline growth chart hanging on my wall says we should be at $10K/btc minimum by mid-October 2015.

Growth is not a constant, ever increasing thing.  Based on this, I guess it'll hit 1 trillion per btc at some point also?
Let's come back in Oct. 2015 and revisit this comment, shall we?  I'll PM you.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:53:36 AM

I feel that $10,000 a coin is Bitcoin's destiny easily. Given the amount of growth and maturity that comes along with it and the limited supply of Bitcoins in circulation, its only a matter of time when $10,000/BTC will be the new $100/BTC.

Chime in!

A 100-fold increase is easily possible with Wall Street jumping in.

We don't even need Wall Street to reach 10,000

We will most likely reach it next year, with or without Wall Street.

We are not hitting 10k anytime soon, if ever.  Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency, should the technology continue to move forward.

i will quote this and point back to in july 2015
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:18:40 PM

Looking good  Cool
Last seven days:
change: +11.49%      high: 654.1      low: 554.5

Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:29:43 PM

When the reward halves in 2016 we will get another upturn in the direction of the price.

Like it did after going from 50 to 25.

people keep saying that but I've never seen a price rise because of reward halving. Supply doesn't decrease only increases slower.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4476

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:45:29 PM

The trendline growth chart hanging on my wall says we should be at $10K/btc minimum by mid-October 2015.

Growth is not a constant, ever increasing thing.  Based on this, I guess it'll hit 1 trillion per btc at some point also?

Do you understand what an s-curve is? Do you realize that s-curves are usually elliptical until they go vertical?

Bitcoin adoption is still a long way from the vertical.

Of course it won't hit a trillion but $10k is almost inevitable.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:50:22 PM

We are not hitting 10k anytime soon, if ever.  Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency, should the technology continue to move forward.

Yes, replaced. Yes..

Because Joe Blow American gives a fuck how the technology works.

It's taken THIS long to even get 1/20 people to have even HEARD of Bitcoin and we have morons like you thinking it's all going to just disappear because VERICOIN or some other dumb shit pump and dump is released?

There's more to this shit than just technology. Stuff your NameCoins up your stupid asshole.

It's because people still believe bitcoin will act like myspace or netscape.

But they don't realize bitcoin does not work like that, there's way too much at stake in bitcoin.

One can simply just move from myspace to facebook, because it doesn't cost anything to register at myspace, and it doesn't take any effort and money to construct an infrastructure to have myspace work properly. However bitcoin requires money to buy into it and it requires infrastructure to work (it's worthless if shops don't accept it).

So bitcoin won't simply be replaced by some new altcoin, in fact, all altcoins are dying, even litecoin and dogecoin.

Go invest in overkillcoin all you want, bitcoin will be worth +$1 million within 5 years.
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:01:16 PM

We are not hitting 10k anytime soon, if ever.  Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency, should the technology continue to move forward.

That Sir, is the only thing which will take Bitcoin down...if any other competing digital currency gets ahead of Bitcoin. Especially if some government decides to toss one out~
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

I think it will be reached in the first half of 2015.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:46:42 PM

iwanttobelieve.jpg

I want to believe too, but I find it hard to believe that we will pass something like $5,000 per coin.   Trust me, I would love to be wrong, and pass $10,000.   I just logically don't see it...

I think mathematically we would need to be much higher than current prices if BTC is going to truly become a competitor to a Visa or Mastercard, I just don't know where the top would be...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

iwanttobelieve.jpg

I want to believe too, but I find it hard to believe that we will pass something like $5,000 per coin.   Trust me, I would love to be wrong, and pass $10,000.   I just logically don't see it...

I think mathematically we would need to be much higher than current prices if BTC is going to truly become a competitor to a Visa or Mastercard, I just don't know where the top would be...
You are wrong. Your problem is not logic. The logic is crystal clear on this matter. You can't see it emotionally.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:10:02 PM

We are not hitting 10k anytime soon, if ever.  Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency, should the technology continue to move forward.

That Sir, is the only thing which will take Bitcoin down...if any other competing digital currency gets ahead of Bitcoin. Especially if some government decides to toss one out~

no one will adopt it, it will fail, end of story.

we are moving AWAY from fiat, not towards it.

you all just afraid of big numbers, but

these 8 people are the owners of companies that total a networth of 1 trillion

that's 128 times the value of all currently mined bitcoins combined. And they're just 8 people....

Walmart has a networth of 486 billion or so (over 60 times the value of all bitcoins currently mined), and that's just 1 single company)

the gold market is worth 7 trillion dollars, about a 1000 times more than the bitcoin market, and really, does not bitcoin offer much more utility than gold? It's basically gold 2.0

and don't even get me started on real estate bubbles etc.

Bitcoin will grow to a multi-trillion dollar industry, mark my words.
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

When the reward halves in 2016 we will get another upturn in the direction of the price.

Like it did after going from 50 to 25.

people keep saying that but I've never seen a price rise because of reward halving. Supply doesn't decrease only increases slower.

Less coins produced per day, miners who sell to pay the bills have less to sell, supply to the market reduces, assuming demand is constant this will result in a price rise, it may take a few months to take effect, but I think its inevitable.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

Well, here's the math for the 5-figure bull-case: http://www.honestnode.com/bitcoin-fair-value-a-first-assessment/

...Our analysis determines that one bitcoin must be worth $27381 in order to support 10% of common medium-of-exchange economic activity, plus well under 10% of existing common store-of-value demand.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:11:38 PM

Just use this app to play with some numbers:
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

Any way you slice it, bitcoin rising to many thousands of dollars per coin is a no brainer.  Even tens of thousands is not at all out of realm of possibility.  It's not a matter of if, it is just a matter of when (think a few years, not decades).
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:35:18 PM

It's interesting to see how just a month ago, lots of outdoor were predicting $5000 in July, while now, many don't think it will ever hit that figure. I think we will break the ATH either this year or early 2015. Before a new ATH, there's no benefit in speculating if we'll hit $10k or not.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:45:45 AM

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:29:08 AM

Yes, replaced. Yes..

Because Joe Blow American gives a fuck how the technology works.

It's taken THIS long to even get 1/20 people to have even HEARD of Bitcoin and we have morons like you thinking it's all going to just disappear because VERICOIN or some other dumb shit pump and dump is released?

There's more to this shit than just technology. Stuff your NameCoins up your stupid asshole.

It's because people still believe bitcoin will act like myspace or netscape.

But they don't realize bitcoin does not work like that, there's way too much at stake in bitcoin.

One can simply just move from myspace to facebook, because it doesn't cost anything to register at myspace, and it doesn't take any effort and money to construct an infrastructure to have myspace work properly. However bitcoin requires money to buy into it and it requires infrastructure to work (it's worthless if shops don't accept it).

So bitcoin won't simply be replaced by some new altcoin, in fact, all altcoins are dying, even litecoin and dogecoin.

Go invest in overkillcoin all you want, bitcoin will be worth +$1 million within 5 years.

Bitcoin has the infrastructure in place to be a payment gateway. And the network effect is going mainstream.

As for other alt coin, most are dieing slowly as zimmah pointed out.

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:30:02 AM

I believe it, Bitcoin is heading up, those 10k will happen and probably before the next years July 4th, Happy days everyone !
Octavius

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:22:39 AM

It's impossible without regulation and secure and reliable exchanges.

Major investors will never put money through shady exchanges without a trusted third party.
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:32:40 AM

It's impossible without regulation and secure and reliable exchanges.

Major investors will never put money through shady exchanges without a trusted third party.

And that's the right spot for Winklevoss twins joining this party, when Bitcoin enters to Wall Street there you will have the first multimillionaire reliable exchange Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: