Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWEGG ACCEPTS BITCOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6806 times)
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:11:43 PM

Coinbase also sells BTC so they are not selling so muuuch on exchanges anyway.
mocrotasje

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:58:56 PM

holy spaghetti
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

This is awesome.  Way to go Newegg / Bitcoin!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:01:04 PM

yip good to see the adoption increase but this should drive the price lower as more Bitcoins hit the exchanges from the sale on newegg because they wont be hodling any just now i don't think. but in the long run it means more Bitcoin getting spead out to more people and maybe in time newegg can convince some of there suppliers to accept Bitcoin for payment then they can hodl on to some for that. overall good news for sure.

i think all this about bitpay/coinbase selling on exchanges is a load of crap. why would they. they would get more if they just take a couple days income of btc and bulk sell to private buyers at a premium. they would only be hurting their own business plan if they were to sell all the coins on exchanges. imo its ridiculous to think they do sell on exchanges. perhaps early on they did, but not anymore  wouldnt say.

the whole purpose of bitcoin is to become a global currency; to be used, spent and traded, if there is something that is hard to understand about this concept, perhaps it's time for some people to rethink why they are here?  Roll Eyes

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:14:50 PM

yip good to see the adoption increase but this should drive the price lower as more Bitcoins hit the exchanges from the sale on newegg because they wont be hodling any just now i don't think. but in the long run it means more Bitcoin getting spead out to more people and maybe in time newegg can convince some of there suppliers to accept Bitcoin for payment then they can hodl on to some for that. overall good news for sure.

i think all this about bitpay/coinbase selling on exchanges is a load of crap. why would they. they would get more if they just take a couple days income of btc and bulk sell to private buyers at a premium. they would only be hurting their own business plan if they were to sell all the coins on exchanges. imo its ridiculous to think they do sell on exchanges. perhaps early on they did, but not anymore  wouldnt say.

the whole purpose of bitcoin is to become a global currency; to be used, spent and traded, if there is something that is hard to understand about this concept, perhaps it's time for some people to rethink why they are here?  Roll Eyes
yes used spent and traded. im not a retard thank you. my point is. how does bitpay/coinbase help by selling on exchanges? in terms of liquidity yes it would help somewhat. but it wouldnt help their business plan which is dependent on btc being valuable, which if they just sold every bitcoin they get on exchanges, they would be dropping the value of the coin and therefore the value of peoples holdings and in turn lower the amount people spend in shops that accept btc. how does that help their business? when over stock did its first million dollars in trade in a very short period, did the price tank? it would have if all the coins spent at overstock hit exchanged as they were spent.

big buyers want bulk, coinbase/bitpay have bulk but dont want to crash the market, done deal. if there is something hard to understand about that, you should learn a little about supply and demand.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:19:42 PM

yes used spent and traded. im not a retard thank you. my point is. how does bitpay/coinbase help by selling on exchanges?

it's called distribution. please refrain from passive aggressive remarks - i proffered no abuse towards you.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:29:10 PM

I like how NewEgg announces bitcoin acceptance and the price gets a rise, but when Dish and Expedia do the same the price crashes.

Friggin' nerds.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:29:26 PM

newegg.com home page:

wow, they are really excited about bitcoin.

Looking at alexa, apperantly the site is mostly used by american and interestingly, women. It seems to have MUCH more traffic in December as well. Rocketing from rank 500~600 during the year to rank ~200 during Christmas 2012 and 2013.

Most people tend to visit from school as well, so that means they are likely spreading the word about bitcoin at their schools as well, which would be great advertising as well.

During the year they have about 40M monthly visitors and during December about 60M

This is pretty nice.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:34:12 PM

im not familiar with newegg, how big is this? lol bigger than overstock accepting? i take it its electronics? is it global shipping? or atleast to eurpope? i need a laptop Tongue

more than twice as big as overstock, annual revenue of about $3 billion.

Mostly serves american market, i don't think they allow bitcoin transactions outside of USA yet. They ship to the UK.

To all the permabears with their 'more sell pressure' FUD, you know nothing john snows.

for newegg to sell bitcoins, someone has to buy and spend them first, and it's likely they will buy them back as well.

More volume and more utility drives the price UP not DOWN. Retards.
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:54:20 PM

im not familiar with newegg, how big is this? lol bigger than overstock accepting? i take it its electronics? is it global shipping? or atleast to eurpope? i need a laptop Tongue

more than twice as big as overstock, annual revenue of about $3 billion.

Mostly serves american market, i don't think they allow bitcoin transactions outside of USA yet. They ship to the UK.

To all the permabears with their 'more sell pressure' FUD, you know nothing john snows.

for newegg to sell bitcoins, someone has to buy and spend them first, and it's likely they will buy them back as well.

More volume and more utility drives the price UP not DOWN. Retards.

+1

Society doesn't scale.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:33:57 PM

How I feel today: http://youtu.be/IfSGIPMinW0?t=6m33s
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

Great news from NewEgg
i never use them before
do they ship outside US? i only see UK and US options there

nickenburg

Merit: 511

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:02:55 PM

Really positive news again, im from The Netherlands and I know the website Newegg.
Even tho they don't even sell here, so that is another good webshop where you can spend your Bitcoins.

I know some people will be very happy with this, I think however they should implement some kind of deal if you buy with Bitcoins.
Like get a discount or a free product if you spend a minimum amount or something.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

I like how NewEgg announces bitcoin acceptance and the price gets a rise, but when Dish and Expedia do the same the price crashes.

Friggin' nerds.

I think most of this price bump was set off primarily by the auction yesterday.  This is just more good news, adding on to the swell of good news that has been piling up.
mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:14:56 PM

It's happening!
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:54:44 PM

It would be good if newegg had accepted bitcoin when you were still able to mine come coins with gpus.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:11:29 PM

WOW Newegg just opened up all whole new world.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Friggin' nerds.

I think most of this price bump was set off primarily by the auction yesterday.  This is just more good news, adding on to the swell of good news that has been piling up.

Agree, merchant adoption doesn't seem to affect the price so much anymore, I think it was due to investors waiting for the auction due to uncertainty of how it would affect the price. I, myself waited but managed to get in when price was still sub 600  Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Great news from NewEgg
i never use them before
do they ship outside US? i only see UK and US options there

Oh no, they are too good to sell shit to non-usa citizens (what the fuck is that word "americans" everybody uses?? Are you talking about people from Argentina or Mexico or Chile or Peru??).

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

That is a really good news, one of the sites which I actually use. They are also educating about Bitcoins which is a bonus.

I do not think it will have much effect on the price in the short term, though. The awareness spreading might help in the longer run.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: