Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:17:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWEGG ACCEPTS BITCOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6809 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:55:09 PM

(what the fuck is that word "americans" everybody uses?? Are you talking about people from Argentina or Mexico or Chile or Peru??).
Like it or not, that's the term for people who live in the United States.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:08:41 PM

Now we need an easy way for people to buy bitcoins.

Yep that's the biggest problem actually... Besides, never heared from Newegg, living in europe...
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:16:52 PM

Now we need an easy way for people to buy bitcoins.

Yep that's the biggest problem actually... Besides, never heared from Newegg, living in europe...

It's got the best search engines for PC components.  Great site. $3 billion in sales per year.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:31:50 PM

This is awesome. Im sure ill use newegg a lot because of this.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:55:00 PM

Yep. Never used them before but this will sure help!
Hope more will follow their good path Smiley
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:02:02 AM

i didn't know NewEgg before this report, now thanks to it i discovered an amazing page were amazing stuff are sold at amazing prices that now, thanks to an amazing god, accepts Bitcoin  Grin Next step Amazon...
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

i didn't know NewEgg before this report, now thanks to it i discovered an amazing page were amazing stuff are sold at amazing prices that now, thanks to an amazing god, accepts Bitcoin  Grin Next step Amazon...

i see what you did there
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:44:03 AM

People who can't understand why the price won't rise with new merchant adoptions don't really understand bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not a proper currency, because it lacks the mechanism for price stability, and it also struggles with being a platform for wealth transfer.

Bitcoin is mainly an innovative gambling platform - a legal game of pump'n'dump.
Meaning, it doesn't matter how much bitcoin will be used for practical purposes. The only thing that matters is the coming and going of new gamblers.
Bitcoin is too impractical to be valued by it's practical application. It's value is based on speculation and therefor speculators. And the wealthiest speculators don't believe in bitcoins practical application, they see that promises of easy wealth is the main attraction of bitcoin.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:49:52 AM

Dear People of Latin America,

The *ENTIRE* world refers to people from the United States as "Americans" and to the country as "America".

Your inferiority complex is very transparent and annoying.

This is an international forum. The world is here...and the WORLD calls us Americans. YOU are not Americans, we are.

How exactly are Latin Americans not Americans? Setting aside the conversation about whether something that is ought to be, your superiority complex is showing. And who is "us", anyway? The people who collectively live on land bought or stolen by the US government? Okay, great. Go wave a flag or something, because nobody gives a shit.

transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:56:48 AM

People who can't understand why the price won't rise with new merchant adoptions don't really understand bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not a proper currency, because it lacks the mechanism for price stability, and it also struggles with being a platform for wealth transfer.

Bitcoin is mainly an innovative gambling platform - a legal game of pump'n'dump.
Meaning, it doesn't matter how much bitcoin will be used for practical purposes. The only thing that matters is the coming and going of new gamblers.
Bitcoin is too impractical to be valued by it's practical application. It's value is based on speculation and therefor speculators. And the wealthiest speculators don't believe in bitcoins practical application, they see that promises of easy wealth is the main attraction of bitcoin.

Sometimes, something good is build on sand and illusion. What you said here is true, but that doesn't mean bitcoin isn't good for a payment gateway.
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:01:24 AM

In other news...   Newegg accepts USD via Bitpay (who is converting bitcoin to USD)
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

New egg is good, I bought my video card there.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:34:40 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 08:10:32 AM by koryu

In other news...   Newegg accepts USD via Bitpay (who is converting bitcoin to USD)

well its still an early phase, why would you want to keep bitcoins when you have to pay your bills and liabilities in usd?
you can configurate in your bitpay merchant acc, if you convert 100% to usd or if you keep some percent in btc. i guess most keep some btc.
imo bitpay is the way to go for merchants atm, great service for the current phase.

second step would be wholesale merchants to accept btc with bitpay. then the retail industry can keep higher percentages in btc to buy new stuff directly with btc. after that the next step is manufacturers to accept btc so the wholesale merchants can keep higher percentages in btc. to close the circle resources and employees have to be paid in btc. it's a long way to go but it has started.
imo thats the progress we need and the picture i have in mind, when brainstorming about how btc has to develop over the next decade.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:32:08 PM

No.  Just use the word 'tulips', and try to marginalize it like that, instead.

Really?

If what you're saying is true, then why exactly did Tim Draper just drop 18+ million on an asset that he plans to use in development of for said asset building infrastructure through liquidity?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

Bitcoin ... struggles with being a platform for wealth transfer.

Too bad transferring bitcoins is so hard. I was going to transfer 100 BTC of my wealth to you. No matter, I'll visit NewEgg instead.

Buy & Hold
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:37:22 PM

In other news...   Newegg accepts USD via Bitpay Mastercard/Visa/AMEX (who is converting bitcoin imaginary "credit" to USD)

What's your point exactly?
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Great news from NewEgg
i never use them before
do they ship outside US? i only see UK and US options there

Oh no, they are too good to sell shit to non-usa citizens (what the fuck is that word "americans" everybody uses?? Are you talking about people from Argentina or Mexico or Chile or Peru??).

Argentinians come from Argentina
Mexicans come from Mexico
Chileans come from Chile
Peruvians come from Peru
Americans come from America
Spartans come from Sparta
HODL SPARTANS QED

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:28:07 PM

In other news...   Newegg accepts USD via Bitpay (who is converting bitcoin to USD)

well its still an early phase, why would you want to keep bitcoins when you have to pay your bills and liabilities in usd?
you can configurate in your bitpay merchant acc, if you convert 100% to usd or if you keep some percent in btc. i guess most keep some btc.
imo bitpay is the way to go for merchants atm, great service for the current phase.

second step would be wholesale merchants to accept btc with bitpay. then the retail industry can keep higher percentages in btc to buy new stuff directly with btc. after that the next step is manufacturers to accept btc so the wholesale merchants can keep higher percentages in btc. to close the circle resources and employees have to be paid in btc. it's a long way to go but it has started.
imo thats the progress we need and the picture i have in mind, when brainstorming about how btc has to develop over the next decade.

Especially since a company like NewEgg is probably buying a ton of stuff from China.  If they could pay in bitcoins, they could save all those fees.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:13:41 AM

I remember seeing some online news a couple of months ago, stating that Newegg we're going to trial the UK as a potential market. The news had nothing to do with Bitcoin, but I looked forward to having a new competitor to Scan and ebuyer over here.

It seems that you can get prices in UK sterling but the site looks like it's booking through the US portal, with (rather expensive) UK delivery appended as an option to your order. The mobile site, in particular, is still very US centric.

Is this the best they could do?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: