Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Sponsorship  (Read 1335 times)
lemming78 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:22:37 AM

Hello everyone, I'm an italian student which is collaborating a lot in the italian section doing technical analysis on btc and now on also on alt currencies

Recently I returned to my hometown and this morning I talked with a dear friend who coaches a women's volleyball team (D series this year, passed to the C series for next year) telling me that they would need at least € 30k sponsorship to be able to get results. He is a very competent coach who has coached in B1 despite his young age. In Italy we have in this order D-C-B2-B1-A2_A1. He also organizes beach volleyball tournaments that have great success in this area (Abruzzo, Molise, Apulia).

Now, since these are the areas in which bitcoin is basically not known ( I talked this morning to 7 people and no one knew anything about bitcoin), it would be an idea to help this team sportingly and economically? I mentioned him  a proposal to change the name of that team in "BitCoin Volley" but I need the support of the International community.

In practice, after this introduction,  what I ask is a donation from all of the community, in order to spread this currency in sports. Given the vast number of people do not think I need a huge investment (we're talking pennies or at most a couple of Euros).

On the success of the project I put me on the front and I can create a conference call with him in order to demonstrate the seriousness of the initiative.
In addition, anyone who knows me here knows already that I am a totally honest with references. Everything would be updated with photos and videos of the team for the community.

I do not deny that these funds would be basically used to buy players (forgot one thing. The coach took over the team this year and was able to center the promotion at the first attempt with the playoffs) and improved equipment and facilities. I would not rely on any returns because the returns are usually from sponsors.

For the moment I do not name any of them to coach the team. But if you wanted to engage in some serious surely the rest will be revealed (including my identity and so on).

If you tease the idea I was also thinking about sponsoring beach volleyball tournaments on this side of the coast. It would be nice right? A tournament in which the main and sole sponsor is the BTC with t-shirts and gadgets that would intrigue people.

Thanks for your attention, I await your news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:25:42 PM

not even an opinion? Smiley
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:44:31 PM

Reddit is usually better for these types of things to be honest. Or even Dogecoin. They like to do this sort of thing. The Bitcoin community in general seems to have little interest in large scale crowdfunding to promote Bitcoin.

Try r/Bitcoin. It might not catch on there, but it will have a better chance than here I think.
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:26:15 PM

thanks, i've never used reddit because i hate the graphics. Should start now:)
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

appraise your thoughtful initiative.  I wish I had spare BTC to sponsor you!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:44:22 PM

lemming if the team have a website, fanclub or facebook group (that already exists and wont suddenly appear now (meaning its legit)) get them to ost a bitcoin address/QR code. then it makes it official that THEY are linked with bitcoin, rather then you, a middle man.. simply cashing out.

also do not beg for money and then say only after getting donations will you do a video. instead do a video now of the team playing and have the cheer leaders or something ask for bitcoins (again proves campaign legitimacy).

no one with brains donates unless they see its a legitimate cause.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:27:55 PM

You might have better luck with Dogecoin. Don't they sponsor a racecar? And it would be interesting if you could get the Bitcoin version of a Kickstarter going -- like, if you contribute X amount of dollars, you get Y award.
Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:50:21 PM

You might have better luck with Dogecoin. Don't they sponsor a racecar? And it would be interesting if you could get the Bitcoin version of a Kickstarter going -- like, if you contribute X amount of dollars, you get Y award.

Yeah, they raised 60k I think it was to sponsor a NASCAR driver.

The only problem is that it had no effect on DOGE itself. Infact the price just continued on a downtrend and a lot of peoples interest faded away at that point. If national exposure like that isn't going to help, what would? I guess that's what a lot of people were thinking. Lots of people posted on reddit that they were selling their DOGE and buying BTC.
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

lemming if the team have a website, fanclub or facebook group (that already exists and wont suddenly appear now (meaning its legit)) get them to ost a bitcoin address/QR code. then it makes it official that THEY are linked with bitcoin, rather then you, a middle man.. simply cashing out.

also do not beg for money and then say only after getting donations will you do a video. instead do a video now of the team playing and have the cheer leaders or something ask for bitcoins (again proves campaign legitimacy).

no one with brains donates unless they see its a legitimate cause.

well, thanks a lot for advice.
I think it's time to spend the society name. Take this for granted but don't release bitcoins until i'll prove definitely that btcs will go direct to them, ok?

https://www.facebook.com/termoli.pallavolo?fref=ts

if the project starts i'll post a picture of some of the players (you can see they are the same girls with photos) with the QR code of the bitcoin address.

GUYS i don't care of managing bitcoins... i just would like to start this project because i do care about both the team and the btc.
IMHO you guys could have a forum user which can manage the wallet (choosen by you) and once the funds are there and i'll post everything needed btcs will be released to the society wallet. This might help?
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:13:41 PM

This is a picture of the team

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=671594652932991&set=a.101938579898604.2985.100002473865550&type=1&theater
Vintage

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

I hope you reach your goal, you also could ask not only for btc but also doge too. Don't limit it to just bitcoin.
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:31:08 AM

I hope you reach your goal, you also could ask not only for btc but also doge too. Don't limit it to just bitcoin.

Thanks. yes I could but i don't know how to handle the first part (where i can understand if there is will to fund this project).
Any advice with this?
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:14:51 PM

Guys, this is not certain but we could have found the main sponsor.

Now i copy paste what i have written on reddit (don't make me write it twice please:D)

"On the italian community i was explaining that at this point ( in order to gain trust for me and for the staff) we could create a society wallet, publish it on the official website, and create 4 levels of sponsorship: gold, star, silver, bronze.

Depending on the donations achieved there will be a different treatment  ( obv decided before starting donations). The remaining (achieved - required) will be either returned back or spent in flyers and material to be distributed during the matches. Besides i was thinking of a little lottery at each game. One between the public will be extracted and can win a variable sum (10/20/30€) in BTC. This should bring both curiosity and public.

Let me know what you think "

Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

Guys, this is not certain but we could have found the main sponsor.

Now i copy paste what i have written on reddit (don't make me write it twice please:D)

"On the italian community i was explaining that at this point ( in order to gain trust for me and for the staff) we could create a society wallet, publish it on the official website, and create 4 levels of sponsorship: gold, star, silver, bronze.

Depending on the donations achieved there will be a different treatment  ( obv decided before starting donations). The remaining (achieved - required) will be either returned back or spent in flyers and material to be distributed during the matches. Besides i was thinking of a little lottery at each game. One between the public will be extracted and can win a variable sum (10/20/30€) in BTC. This should bring both curiosity and public.

Let me know what you think "

Link to the reddit post here too so we can upvote you and reply there as well.
lemming78 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:24:09 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29k70m/btc_volley_sponsorship/

Thanks for help

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: