Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Litecoin finally decoupled itself from Bitcoin?  (Read 914 times)
Marlo Stanfield (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:19:43 AM

Historically there has been a strong correlation between bitcoin price increases and litecoin following suit and rising as well. With a new flood of competitors in the cryptocurrency arena has the market been diluted enough to divert capital flows away from litecoin and into other altcoins? And if the money isn't going in to other altcoins, where is it going? Is there evidence to suggest that the bitcoin generated from the mass litecoin sell off isn't going into other altcoins? Maybe it's being held in bitcoin?

The main point I'm speculating on here is just the apparent change in correlation between bitcoin and litecoin. The other questions about other altcoins potentially picking up that slack is just pure conjecture and I'm just curious if anyone believes that is the case, or will be the case soon.

Also if anyone has some evidence that litecoin is not decoupling from bitcoin I'd be more than happy to see that too. I have nothing at all against litecoin. I'm just find the evolution of the cryptocurrency market interesting.
juicyjuice87

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:29:04 AM

This might help clear up a few things. It's the new *unofficial* official litcoin song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZt6lumdlQ&app=desktop
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:45:26 AM

This might help clear up a few things. It's the new *unofficial* official litcoin song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZt6lumdlQ&app=desktop

lol, what's happening with Litecoin could it be asics or maybe it's getting pushed down by whales to make it rise again? I was mad i didn't got out at $40+, but seeing the current prices i'm satisfied with selling at $25.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:00:19 AM

nope. but a lot lot of fud spread atm maybe affecting the sheep, not to fear sheep are meant to get slaughtered.

not the first time i've seen this in ltc and wont be the last  Wink happy bagholder here Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:07:46 AM

actually decoupled way worse when bitcoin steamed past 1000 the first time, we all know later what happen when ltc rebound  Grin and funnily enough at the time this forum was full of litecoin is dead posts lol
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:16:54 AM

Its not decoupled as much as it has become irrelevant.

Litecoin is done, it has done well to be in the 2nd position but now it doesn't have any redeeming features.

Marlo Stanfield (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:53:29 AM

Litecoin is done, it has done well to be in the 2nd position but now it doesn't have any redeeming features.

So why aren't more Litecoin holders investing in development and infrastructure to keep it relevant in 2014? It seems like a waste to me.

I have a soft spot in my heart for LTC and I hate to see the arrogance of the major players in Litecoin lead to it's decline. There's nothing wrong with it, there's no reason why it couldn't potentially be good again.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:59:32 AM

So why aren't more Litecoin holders investing in development and infrastructure to keep it relevant in 2014? It seems like a waste for me.

Because they only look to dump it for profit? There was never dedication among Litecoin holders to decouple it from fiat, which some Bitcoin users possess. Litecoin creator never wanted it to be better than Bitcoin. If you don't strive for #1, if you don't have dedication and passion, you lose eventually.

At the very least, Litecoin holders could crowdfund development of a clone of Counterparty running on top of Litecoin network. It could beat Counterparty in adoption, because Bitcoin network is slower. But they can't even do that. Cloning Counterparty wouldn't take a lot of efforts, after all Litecoin itself is a clone of Bitcoin.

Litecoin is very inflationary too right now, 28 800 new LTCs are mined every single day, that's double digit yearly inflation, the market just can't absorb all of it fast enough.
Marlo Stanfield (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:21:36 PM

So why aren't more Litecoin holders investing in development and infrastructure to keep it relevant in 2014? It seems like a waste for me.

At the very least, Litecoin holders could crowdfund development of a clone of Counterparty running on top of Litecoin network. It could beat Counterparty in adoption, because Bitcoin network is slower. But they can't even do that. Cloning Counterparty wouldn't take a lot of efforts, after all Litecoin itself is a clone of Bitcoin.

Yeah, that's exactly the type of thing I would like(or even expect really) to see from Litecoin. Investing in modern infrastructure that gives it a competitive advantage.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:42:00 PM

So why aren't more Litecoin holders investing in development and infrastructure to keep it relevant in 2014? It seems like a waste to me.

I have a soft spot in my heart for LTC and I hate to see the arrogance of the major players in Litecoin lead to it's decline. There's nothing wrong with it, there's no reason why it couldn't potentially be good again.

Miners just mine and dump, they don't have much interest other than that. Thats the problem in PoW, the actual users don't have  asay.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: