Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] +Coin Web UI for Bitcoin and its forks.  (Read 6200 times)
someguy123 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 06:15:01 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 12:33:58 PM by someguy123

I've been working on the +Coin webUI for a while, my main purpose was originally for a namecoin management system, though I lacked time and effort for it, eventually I needed a webUI for bitcoind due to bitcoin-qt's instability while using p2pool (0.5.2), so I continued my work on it.

(Psst. If you submit a pull request and accept it, you'll get some BTC if your github is linked to tip4commit)

So far, it currently has the following features working:

• Listing transactions
  • Sending coins
  • Compatibility with any *coind that uses the bitcoinRPC (inc. Litecoin, Namecoin, Feathercoin)
  • In standard PHP, so it's easy to deploy onto a normal webserver (Great for managing coind's on your VPS/Dedi)
  • Colour coded send/recieves, and colour coded confirmations
  • A really nice bootstrap interface
  • The ability to list how much BTC/whatever is in an account, and then to list the addresses contained in the account.
  • Able to display confirmed/unconfirmed balance (All transactions are "confirmed" at 6 in +Coin, including generated ones. I haven't bothered to separate it yet.)
Screenshot

OLD VERSION: http://i55.tinypic.com/24mc1go.png
CURRENT VERSION:

Version 0.01 Alpha - Released under UNLICENSE (public domain) and is available on my Github: https://github.com/Someguy123/-Coin

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 08:06:25 AM

uhh, how secure is it?
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 04:59:20 PM

uhh, how secure is it?
Not very.
Throw on apache Auth-Basic though, and it should be good enough, plus if you hide it in /derpy/derpy/derpy/nobody/will/ever/guess/ on your web server, it's unlikely someone would stumble upon it
If you had fail2ban, auth-basic would be good enough since they get an IP ban after 3 attempts anyway.

drkurubit

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 07:35:08 PM

good job, do you have any experience with ruby on rails, im about to deploy a beta version of and app today and i would like to have you on the team.
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:20:28 PM

good job, do you have any experience with ruby on rails, im about to deploy a beta version of and app today and i would like to have you on the team.
No not really, though I could probably pick up ruby quite easily if I needed to...
I'm mostly just PHP.

Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 08:26:21 PM

After seeing this, I must say I would really like to have a look at this.

Since parts of the code could even be used as a codebase for other implementations, the less restrictive the license is (within your limits), the most people and projects will be able to reuse it for their own implementations. So Unlicense would fit into that criteria IMHO.

Watching this!
Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 09:04:59 AM

Some quick questions:
  • Does the bitcoind need to run on the same server as the php files?
  • Does the wallet need to be in the same place?

Appart from that, cool project even if you use it on your local machine with XAMPP (or linux)

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 06:19:33 PM

Some quick questions:
  • Does the bitcoind need to run on the same server as the php files?
  • Does the wallet need to be in the same place?

Appart from that, cool project even if you use it on your local machine with XAMPP (or linux)

1. No, it uses host/port, it uses the JSONRPC, so it would allow connecting to say yourdomain.com on 8333 if it's forwarded, and identify using its bitcoind username and password.
2. Same as above, it uses the JSONRPC, so the bitcoind server you connect to is responsible for the wallet.

After seeing this, I must say I would really like to have a look at this.

Since parts of the code could even be used as a codebase for other implementations, the less restrictive the license is (within your limits), the most people and projects will be able to reuse it for their own implementations. So Unlicense would fit into that criteria IMHO.

Watching this!

I'm planning on CC since that allows most things, but I have a new issue... I'm unsure what the licensing issues I'll have if I throw it under CC considering:
  • Bootstrap is Apache v2
  • and JSONRPC-PHP is GPL v2

Can anyone good with licenses explain to me whether I'm allowed to release my code under Creative Commons, and whatever steps I have to do to ensure I'm not breaking their licenses?

someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 01:41:35 PM

So... Anyone want to help with my question above ^ so that I can finally release it?

twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:09:52 AM

I'm planning on CC since that allows most things, but I have a new issue... I'm unsure what the licensing issues I'll have if I throw it under CC considering:
  • Bootstrap is Apache v2

Can anyone good with licenses explain to me whether I'm allowed to release my code under Creative Commons, and whatever steps I have to do to ensure I'm not breaking their licenses?

First, please don't release software under Creative Commons.  Creative Commons wasn't designed for software (it's designed for content:  photos, books, music, etc).  See http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_apply_a_Creative_Commons_license_to_software.3F

Second, IANAL, but if you use a GPL's library like JSONRPC-PHP and if you choose to distribute your application to others then your code must also be GPL (or public domain, since that means you are relinquishing your copyright altogether).   If this isn't something you want to be forced to do, then don't use the JSONRPC-PHP library (JSON RPC is not that complex... you could probably just whip up a couple wrapper functions yourself if you had the desire).  Apache v2, on the other hand, is a pretty restriction-less license.  In fact, it may be one of the licenses you might want to concider instead of using Creative Commons as it basically says "do whatever you want, just don't blame me, and don't remove my copyright notices, etc").

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:35:31 PM

Any news on this?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:30:08 AM

Been watching out for something along these lines.

Taking the first step is half the journey ... good stuff.

someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:06:37 PM

Any news on this?
Yeah, thanks to twmz I guess I'll just go all public domain with this code.

• Bootstrap is Apache v2

First, please don't release software under Creative Commons.  Creative Commons wasn't designed for software (it's designed for content:  photos, books, music, etc).  See http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_apply_a_Creative_Commons_license_to_software.3F

Second, IANAL, but if you use a GPL's library like JSONRPC-PHP and if you choose to distribute your application to others then your code must also be GPL (or public domain, since that means you are relinquishing your copyright altogether).   If this isn't something you want to be forced to do, then don't use the JSONRPC-PHP library (JSON RPC is not that complex... you could probably just whip up a couple wrapper functions yourself if you had the desire).  Apache v2, on the other hand, is a pretty restriction-less license.  In fact, it may be one of the licenses you might want to concider instead of using Creative Commons as it basically says "do whatever you want, just don't blame me, and don't remove my copyright notices, etc").

I'm going to be releasing the first version on my github in the next few hours under public domain Smiley

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Watching...
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:48:22 PM

Watching...
Released. Smiley
https://github.com/Someguy123/-Coin

Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:38:41 AM

Looks good so far :-) Just a couple of can't connect errors, but it should be because of the bitcoin client preoccupied with synchronizing.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 09:28:18 PM

Looks good so far :-) Just a couple of can't connect errors, but it should be because of the bitcoin client preoccupied with synchronizing.
Yeah, unfortunately while bitcoin is downloading blocks, the RPC is ridiculously slow, and I can't really do anything about that.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:55:26 PM

hey

i am using your great +coin for a while now and i have modified it a little bit

- added addressbook
- select from which account to send coins from
- getinfo output on startpage
- support for multiple wallets!
- https connection to wallets

is someone interested in this features? Smiley

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:20:55 PM

Yep, and if you put it up on github you could send a pull request through to someguy123 ...

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:42:41 AM

i am more the subversion guy Smiley i will just send the source to someguy123 so he can upload it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: