Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post card about MtGox from Japenese court  (Read 3276 times)
passo (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:03:02 PM

Did anyone else get a letter from Tokyo District Civil 20th Division about Mt.Gox?   

It all in Japanese but i am asuming it has to do with the bankruptcy. Anyone who can translate some?

Looks cool though but a waste of paper to send it in Japenese to someone who is living in Europe.

http://i61.tinypic.com/mj1u08.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:15:11 PM

It says that once a sum of 10 BTC has been paid to jambola2 , all Mt. Gox funds will be returned to rightful owners.

Seriously though , the bottom right reads out "The English translation of this document prepared for reference is described in the following pages"

Check the next page.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:20:50 PM

Doesn't it include an English translation as infered at the bottom right? Maybe ask over on the Chinese board if it doesn't include any translation. How did you recieve it?
passo (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:51:41 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 01:13:37 PM by passo

ahh you can open the otherside as well. haha there is a english part. Sneaky japanese.
It seems like more people got these.

http://i61.tinypic.com/5wgvs.jpg
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:50:27 PM

ahh you can open the otherside as well. haha there is a english part. Sneaky japanese.

all i have to say on the matter:

6 ii.
"Any person possessing assets of the bankrupt, shall not deliver such assets to the bankrupt entity."

translation
mark karpeless shall not hand hidden bitcoins to mtgox trustee (Nobuaki Kobayashi)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

6 ii.
"Any person possessing assets of the bankrupt, shall not deliver such assets to the bankrupt entity."

translation
mark karpeless shall not hand hidden bitcoins to mtgox trustee (Nobuaki Kobayashi)

Mo, that means that anyone holding any property of Mtgox shall not return it to Mtgox.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:36:50 PM

6 ii.
translation
Mo, that means that anyone holding any property of Mtgox shall not return it to Mtgox.

no, the property of mtgox (EG server /domain name /code )is automatically property of the trustee and part of the bankruptcy assets. but karpeles's secret hoard, now that he is not 'mtgox' (the trustee is mtgox) means karpeles doesnt have to hand over that missing 600,000 coin he hoards.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Funky Al

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

I got one today, I was quite intrigued to have a postcard from Japan. Unfortunately nothing good,  I didn't even have funds in there, just signed up when I got into Bitcoin.
bitcoinerik

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:20:16 AM

I also got that post card yesterday!

Is there anything I have to do now? Do I have to send a form to claim (some of my) bitcoins?

Thank you!
warlordluke

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:48:52 AM

I also got that post card yesterday!

Is there anything I have to do now? Do I have to send a form to claim (some of my) bitcoins?

Thank you!

I've had a read through the Mt.Gox site and there doesn't seem to be any forms on there to make the claim...

I think it's a matter of just hanging tight for the moment. I am, I have £200 tied up with them at the moment.

EDIT: I also recieved on of the postcards.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Postcard includes a paper wallet with all your missing BTC. It´s hidden on the upper right corner on the last side! It´s a bit tricky to find.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

6 ii.
translation

no, the property of mtgox (EG server /domain name /code )is automatically property of the trustee and part of the bankruptcy assets. but karpeles's secret hoard, now that he is not 'mtgox' (the trustee is mtgox) means karpeles doesnt have to hand over that missing 600,000 coin he hoards.

Wrong!

The notice means that if anyone is holding any property of the BANKRUPT ENTITY, that it   should not be returned to that entity!

Implies that the court should be notified and the control of the property be given to the court.

The trustee is NOT Mtgox!

The trustee CONTROLS Mtgox, its assets, etc.

The notices does NOT mean that Karpeles cannot be forced to surrender any and all property that he owns or controls.

This is a standard order in bankruptcy proceedings and I suspect because of other problems in the English version of the notice, that much was lost in transaltion.

Corporations For Crypto
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:51:33 PM

How much can depositor expect to get back?
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:52:33 PM

How much can depositor expect to get back?

0 to around a very low % of what was lost in this debacle.

Corporations For Crypto
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:54:38 PM

6 ii.
translation

Wrong!

The notice means that if anyone is holding any property of the BANKRUPT ENTITY, that it   should not be returned to that entity!

Implies that the court should be notified and the control of the property be given to the court.

The trustee is NOT Mtgox!

The trustee CONTROLS Mtgox, its assets, etc.

The notices does NOT mean that Karpeles cannot be forced to surrender any and all property that he owns or controls.

This is a standard order in bankruptcy proceedings and I suspect because of other problems in the English version of the notice, that much was lost in transaltion.
Indeed it has, indeed it has Cheesy.

Do they send these postcards based on addresses you've used to withdraw money?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:59:42 PM

I have £200 tied up with them at the moment.

Grin worth 2 bitcoins at mtgox valuation the week before mtgox closed (thir own btc price crash value not normal bitcoin value) Grin

Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:35:35 PM

Damn...
Received mine today, here in Portugal, took me about half an hour of head scratching to find the English part...
I was also preparing myself to upload this to some OCR website when I got the brilliant idea of googling for "mtgox tokyo district court civil 20th division"... shame on me. The post card is quite ingenious, I should have been able to figure it out from the beginning...
But that's not important.
The important is: ok, I have 0.001btc. How do they plan to repay it (if they even think on doing it?).
To be honest, it is no fortune nor I'm even counting on it, but I'm curious...

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:01:35 PM

Curious as to how the outstanding fiat balances will be handled in the bankruptcy proceeding.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:32:11 PM

The goxxing never ends! Most of those poor people who had a bunch of BTC stuck there maybe almost recovered and forgot about their loss. Now a postcard in Japanese shows up in their mailbox.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: