Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this thing on?  (Read 756 times)
Nautica (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:29:28 PM

I have been following Bitcoin for a long time, and holding crypto-currency for a much shorter time (unfortunately). I used to be on the fence for a long time about whether it would succeed as the first decentralised global currency, but I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The rate of adoption across the business and merchant world seems to be picking up, and I suspect the stream of news about more stores accepting BTC will now be picking up more and more.

I'm expecting the Winklevii ETF to be introduced by the end of 2014.

There are countless Bitcoin-based inventions and previously unheard of financial instruments being worked on right now that will blow people mind's when they are revealed.

Anybody could start using an alternative blockchain/altcoin instead, but Bitcoin has the most recognisable brand, the highest hash rate, and the most value of all.

In a way, we're not even started. Those MIT students will need at least a year to see what they've come up with.

A lot more drama will also be happening, but that is part of the game. We seem to be reasonably past the hysteria phase of the media back when nobody had any idea what Bitcoin was or how it worked.

I feel secure enough to make a reasonably educated prediction: Bitcoin will succeed in establishing itself as the first common global digital currency, and its blockchain will be used in many novel and unexpected ways.

Time will tell, but things are looking good. What are your thoughts?
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:41:30 PM

I have been following Bitcoin for a long time, and holding crypto-currency for a much shorter time (unfortunately). I used to be on the fence for a long time about whether it would succeed as the first decentralised global currency, but I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Me too. I heard about the white paper a very long time ago and remember when bitcoin was trading for pennies. But it was such a wild idea that even after the $30 bubble and crash the idea of even a 100 dollar bitcoin was insane to most people. Even here on bitcointalk.

Bitcoin is in a really good position right now, I agree. I think it's probably in the best shape it's ever been at the moment. There's really not much negativity going around. With the government getting it's symbolic victory against Silk Road, that really helped the government save face in my opinion. And now even though there continues to be similar marketplaces operating, the idea that they are immune to the law isn't there anymore. Which really relieves a lot of political pressure off Bitcoin I think.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: