Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "I am in batch 1 and I am screwed by knc."  (Read 3168 times)
user27 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:14:25 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 10:33:50 PM by user27

I am in batch 1 and KfC have run out of chips to make more Neptunes in the near future let alone ship them. This is the first time that they have broken promises / failed to deliver in such an easily provable way (it's Q3!).

aasl is being screwed in the same way as per https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg7619215#msg7619215

So, I'm looking to get a list together of other people who are in the same boat with a view to pursuing joint legal action if KnC don't honor refunds.

Thanks, u27

batch 1:
me
aasl

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:37:24 PM

good luck. something needs to be done.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:05:16 PM

I am in batch 1 and KfC have run out of chips to make more Neptunes in the near future let alone ship them. This is the first time that they have broken promises / failed to deliver is such an easily provable way (it's Q3!).
And where did you get that information, sir ?

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
user27 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:32:52 PM

I am in batch 1 and KfC have run out of chips to make more Neptunes in the near future let alone ship them. This is the first time that they have broken promises / failed to deliver is such an easily provable way (it's Q3!).

Please back this up with an official source and not a troll on the forum.

You're kidding right? How about https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-95 for an official source?

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:35:31 PM

You're kidding right? How about https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-95 for an official source?

looks like it

Each and every production-ready Neptune processor we’ve been able to produce has been shipped out to customers as fast as possible.

meaning, they didn't actually receive all of the batch of chips they had in the oven...

We’re continuing with deliveries of Neptunes as fast as we can produce, but the demand for Neptunes has been bigger than the successful yield of 20nm wafers has been able to satisfy.

sounds about right.

user27 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:52:33 PM

So they ran out of hardware for now but are giving you the hash rate without you actually having to pay for electricity or to wait for them to ship/setup?  Roll Eyes

I refunded my Neptunes a while ago.. but if I was in someones situation I would PREFER they cloud mine to save me $ - unless holding the physical machine to make less profit is what you're after?

Additionally, they could have said "we ran out, sucks, we'll ship them when we can" but they didn't - they are giving you the hash rate they owe you + no electric fees.

They offered a second miner from batch three some time back in order to compensate for rise in difficulty and stop everybody from refunding; they now require people to agree to a new set of T&C to take the cloud hashing option. The small print in the new T&C removes the second miner so nobody in their right mind would agree to it.

AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

Oh, i didn't see that news.
Oh well, it's a good time to ask for a refund. They cannot use their "We are shipping" excuse to refuse them.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
user27 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:48:29 AM

Oh well, it's a good time to ask for a refund. They cannot use their "We are shipping" excuse to refuse them.

I'm getting worried that they shipped all but two out of batch 1 now; surely people would have posted here otherwise?

u27

raskul

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:50:17 AM

I'm getting worried that they shipped all but two out of batch 1 now; surely people would have posted here otherwise?

u27

you can cite prejudice if this is the case. first they ban you from their forum for asking perfectly legitimate questions, then they refuse to ship a product you paid $10k for.

I'd take it to a lawyer, stinks of prejudice.

user27 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:28:26 AM

u27

you can cite prejudice if this is the case. first they ban you from their forum for asking perfectly legitimate questions, then they refuse to ship a product you paid $10k for.

I'd take it to a lawyer, stinks of prejudice.

Anna just told me they are still shipping and they have chips... funny how nobody has posted a "got my miner today!" on their "shipment progress confirmation" thread since Q2.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/47413-neptune-shipment-progress-confirmation-thread?p=49231#post49231

I despair.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:08:36 PM

If they run into similar problems with Titan this might be the end of their journey. There are already competitors with cheaper hardware.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
user27 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:41:51 PM

If they run into similar problems with Titan this might be the end of their journey. There are already competitors with cheaper hardware.

I expect Titan to be fine; as I understand it the original KnC team moved from 28nm BTC rigs to 28nm LTC rigs and the noobs moved in to screw us on Neptune.

NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:49:39 PM

I expect Titan to be fine; as I understand it the original KnC team moved from 28nm BTC rigs to 28nm LTC rigs and the noobs moved in to screw us on Neptune.

People who pre-order Titan will have trouble getting back their investment.
raskul

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

if you have 200MH/s today, you'd be mining 5BTC per month.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

That's what I'm talking about, the numbers look promising, and mining can be a rewarding hobby, but it starts to look grim if you can't be sure to receive the hardware at all.
Mining industry would be a dream land full of rainbows and ponies if the manufacturers started being honest and deliver products on time.

An investor has a lot of variables to consider, like exchange rates, power consumption and difficulty, and on top of this we have to worry that they may simply not deliver, or worse take our money and run (or file for bankruptcy which is the same thing).

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:12:53 PM

Yea, but a month ago it would have been 12BTC.  A month before that, it would have been 30BTC.  It's halving every month, on a daily basis (meaning for instance, two weeks from now you will no longer be on pace to make 5BTC for that first month).  In reality, if the trends from the past 6+ months hold steady, if you had 200 Mh/s today, in one month you would earn about 4.5BTC.  But in two months you will have earned only 7, and in three months you will have earned only 8.25, and in four months you will have earned only 9.  It isn't worth calculating after that as the gains are nonexistent.  Obviously these numbers are not exact but the trend for the past 6 months is remarkably steady so there is little reason to think it will suddenly change, unless you think SCRYPT coins in general are going to suddenly skyrocket in value vs BTC. 
Now when you consider that you won't be getting 200Mh/s today, but rather several months from now, it is easy to see that his statement "people who pre-order Titan will have trouble getting back their investment" is a huge understatement. 
Naturally though, KNC will get their units 1-2 months before their customers, and they will pay cost for the units, so they will make a substantial profit. 
demme

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:47:11 PM

Yea, but a month ago it would have been 12BTC.  A month before that, it would have been 30BTC.  It's halving every month, on a daily basis (meaning for instance, two weeks from now you will no longer be on pace to make 5BTC for that first month).  In reality, if the trends from the past 6+ months hold steady, if you had 200 Mh/s today, in one month you would earn about 4.5BTC.  But in two months you will have earned only 7, and in three months you will have earned only 8.25, and in four months you will have earned only 9.  It isn't worth calculating after that as the gains are nonexistent.  Obviously these numbers are not exact but the trend for the past 6 months is remarkably steady so there is little reason to think it will suddenly change, unless you think SCRYPT coins in general are going to suddenly skyrocket in value vs BTC. 
Now when you consider that you won't be getting 200Mh/s today, but rather several months from now, it is easy to see that his statement "people who pre-order Titan will have trouble getting back their investment" is a huge understatement. 
Naturally though, KNC will get their units 1-2 months before their customers, and they will pay cost for the units, so they will make a substantial profit. 

I'm pretty sure they sit on their units for some time, but saying they mine with their units for 1-2 months is not true.

It is us, the customers who are paying for the units when we deposit our pre-order $$$$....

They could keep all units and not sell one machine and hope they get their investment back from mining, or they could take pre-orders, mine/"TEST" them and then shipping them out. The second one is a 100% sucess as they already have gotten paid b4 they even start making units
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:21:46 AM

Please pay attention to the original post.  This isn't a thread to debate KNC generally, the OP is "looking to get a list together of other people who are in the same boat with a view to pursuing joint legal action if KnC don't honor refunds". Please try to confine your responses to addressing that.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

So, I'm looking to get a list together of other people who are in the same boat with a view to pursuing joint legal action if KnC don't honor refunds.

Let us know when/if you start the legal action because I wish to donate something for the cause. Good luck.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:27:17 AM

They won't be making ASICs for the general public after they ship the last Titan. Home mining is dead and you won't be able to buy anything but crap hobbyist mining gear by October... maybe sooner.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: