Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Fracturing  (Read 7940 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 04:28:35 PM

I propose all nodes that don't agree with each other to be separated into its economy.

Say 32% of the node don't agree with several transaction. Separate that 32% of the nodes into its own economy/system.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2010, 04:47:59 PM

I propose all nodes that don't agree with each other to be separated into its economy.

Say 32% of the node don't agree with several transaction. Separate that 32% of the nodes into its own economy/system.

This is obviously a response to my post What happens when network is split for prolonged time and reconnected?.

I agree this issue will have to be addressed in-case of massive network disconnection.  Some sort of marker for bitcoins and transactions made in the separate network (that have been broadcast and verified with respect to its separate network), perhaps?

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 04:50:22 PM

This is obviously a response to my post What happens when network is split for prolonged time and reconnected?.

I agree this issue will have to be addressed in-case of massive network disconnection.  Some sort of marker for bitcoins and transactions made in the separate network (that have been broadcast and verified with respect to its separate network), perhaps?

If they're malicious, they're isolated from the real bitcoin network. If they want to build their own bitcoin economy, that's fine too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: