Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 30k Silk Road Bitcoins Sold to Single Winner! Who?  (Read 1608 times)
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:04:28 AM

The U.S. Marshals just announced that 30k of the bitcoins seized from Silk Road has been sold to a single winner. They received 63 bids from 45 bidders. We are searching for the winner. Anyone?

http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/silk-road-bitcoin-auction-winner-who.html

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:32:20 AM

Tim Draper Is Sole Winner of US Bitcoin Auction, the article even states it is handled like any other seizure auction.

gmx95

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:22:10 PM

What was the price of the winning bid? Anyone knows?

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:20:15 AM

He hasn't revealed how much he bought the coins, yet, but i guess after a couple of days that info is bound to leak

Grumpster

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

Article states it was $19 million for 30,000 Bitcoins. So he paid current market price basically.
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:39:00 AM

Here is the current address where the coins are:

https://blockchain.info/address/1a8LDh3qtCdMFAgRXzMrdvB8w1EG4h1Xi

lisaa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:43:46 PM

Wouldn't it be better for me to sell my mined btc for EURO instead of USD?? I typically sell the mined product on coinbase.

would appreciate any and all thoughts.

thanks!
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:26:53 PM

Wouldn't it be better for me to sell my mined btc for EURO instead of USD?? I typically sell the mined product on coinbase.

would appreciate any and all thoughts.

thanks!

You replied in a post that has nothing to do with your question, make a new post on this forum so more people can answer you.

Now my answer to your question: if you use dollars, you could sell your BTC for euros and then change the euros to dollars as you'll get a bit of profit (euro worth 1.24 usd) this will work given the fee for the change to dollars isn't too high, depends on what you mined.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: