Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:00:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-02] Video: Bitcoin quietly making a comeback?  (Read 945 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:45:31 AM

Bitcoin quietly making a comeback?

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3652479175001/bitcoin-quietly-making-a-comeback/#sp=show-clips

4 people - and 2 are getting pro btc  Cheesy ....maybe we see the next "black" matt miller here  Grin

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:28:32 AM

I enjoyed the clip.  The last, long cycle of media negativity towards bitcoin seems to finally be yielding to positive coverage.

LiteCoinGuy, I share your enthusiasm that bitcoin is an inclusive project, and it's good to see people from all walks of life are realizing its transformational potential.   I don't know about calling Charles Payne 'the next "black" matt miller' though.  I find that characterization a little bit distasteful.  But I'm happy to have racial diversity amongst the bitcoin faithful, and it sounds like you are too.  I think it's great he is on a different network.  I'm pretty sure FOX and Bloomberg have different demographics.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:43:39 AM

Watched it. I wasn't sure who those 4 guests were, they do not sound very knowledgeable to me. The host had to point out bitcoin facts to those guests so they do not continue to embarrass themselves: "Printing Bitcoin in their backyard"? They really should do more research before they go on shows.  Undecided
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

Pretty much all clueless, but at least they were talking about it.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:42:33 PM

Fox Business is where all the minor league talent gets their start over on the right wing leaning channel as well as where they park their libertarian leaning shows. FB has an audience and demographic similar to CNBC (the market channel) but more libertarianish on most things. Glad they're talking about it and getting the wheels turning in those watchers' minds.
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:11:41 PM

They literally had no idea what they were talking about.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:50:54 PM

They literally had no idea what they were talking about.

yep, but 2 knew more than the other 2   ...and in the end there where no more jokes. Tongue

take a look at videos from 2012 or early 2013, they laughed at btc  Cheesy

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 04:44:25 AM

Comeback?

Did bitcoin take a vacation?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 05:14:22 AM

Watched it. I wasn't sure who those 4 guests were, they do not sound very knowledgeable to me. The host had to point out bitcoin facts to those guests so they do not continue to embarrass themselves: "Printing Bitcoin in their backyard"? They really should do more research before they go on shows.  Undecided

This is what it's always like when you have news journalists talking about technology, my favourite thing is particularly with Bitcoin when they don't understand something and they bring in these 'experts' who know even less than they do and have basically spent five seconds looking at the first page of google which is of course usually flooded with negative articles that don't know what they're talking about either.

I have to say though, I'm getting disturbed by the positiveness coming from Fox on Bitcoin, first Glenn Beck of all people and now this guy, I'd like to point out as well that he was one of the people who were in total denial about what was going on in 2008 - 2009.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: