Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $650 is a joke !  (Read 3378 times)
moneylosingtoo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:14:16 PM

i bought in bitcoins last year at price $970 - $1020, not only suffering all these huge dumps but also haven't got a single penny interest of the stucking fund and still losing 40% !

i was planning to buy a luxury house if the price could reach $3000 !

it has been almost one year waiting, what the fuck is this now ? $650 is a joke! fxck !
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:18:05 PM

Are you prepared for 100 $ / BTC. ? ? ?

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

I am so sorry for you. Didn't your mommy tell you that playing with money is for grown-ups only?
In any case, you should complain to the shady guy who promised you a $3000 price, he obviously did not keep his promise.

Onkel Paul

Seriously, BTC will most likely be worth more than $1000 later this year, maybe not $3000, but if you wait a bit you'll be better off than if you had put it into a bank account with meager interest.

alex0909

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:23:47 PM

i bought in bitcoins last year at price $970 - $1020, not only suffering all these huge dumps but also haven't got a single penny interest of the stucking fund and still losing 40% !

it has been almost one year waiting, what the fuck is this now ? $650 is a joke! fxck !

Hi speculator, too bad you got burnt on the top of a bubble. Well you surely knew bitcoin was risky, didn't you? Oh, you blindly followed advice on internet? Well, a fool and his money ...

I hope you are not that bad at math "Nearly a year". Too bad bitcoin is not a ponzie where you made money, you'll have to wait more (few months) or sell at a loss.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

It's a currency not an investment you buffoon.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:35:46 PM

People who feel entitled to something often lose out, it's called karma bitch. Maybe if you pull a Veronica now you can still buy yourself a nice tent to live in. Cheesy

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:45:46 PM

This reminds me of when I started buying BTC in the fall of 2011 at over 5 USD per BTC and then watched my investment drop to just over 2 USD per BTC for a drop of 60%!. At the time I chose to HOLD, and buy more.  Wink

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:50:56 PM

Bitcoin investors = scoped tomahawk

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
moneylosingtoo (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:59:18 PM

This reminds me of when I started buying BTC in the fall of 2011 at over 5 USD per BTC and then watched my investment drop to just over 2 USD per BTC for a drop of 60%!. At the time I chose to HOLD, and buy more.  Wink

how much have you made up after all? pretty big huh?
i was planning to move to Irvine or Los Altos, houses there worth over $ million, $3k per bitcoin needed !
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:06:17 PM

Well, bitcoin is NOT an investment. It is a currency to be used on the internet. So everything is working fine. You may have been misinformed if you thought bitcoin was a get rich quick scheme. It was envisioned that you would buy them and then SPEND them to buy things.
Speculating on future price is a very risky endeavor and often ends with a loss.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dgarcia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:16:14 PM

Well, bitcoin is NOT an investment. It is a currency to be used on the internet. So everything is working fine. You may have been misinformed if you thought bitcoin was a get rich quick scheme. It was envisioned that you would buy them and then SPEND them to buy things.
Speculating on future price is a very risky endeavor and often ends with a loss.

Bitcoin is what people will use it for. If they use it as an investment,

...it is an investment.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:19:30 PM

i was planning to move to Irvine or Los Altos, houses there worth over $ million, $3k per bitcoin needed !

Yeah, and he had to wait almost 3 years for that to happen.  You want the same out of a couple of months; you could always move to Detroit.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

Ok, all of you guys replying to the OP's thread need to be ashamed that you can't even recognize a newly created troll account.  I can see that astute perception has fallen to an all time low on this sub.

moneylosingtoo (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:31:03 PM

Yeah, and he had to wait almost 3 years for that to happen.  You want the same out of a couple of months; you could always move to Detroit.

i heard about the bitcoin exploded, it's not the same old thing/speed anymore?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:41:15 PM

Not everyone can get rich you know. There has to be losers.
Oh well, never mind. LOL  Cheesy

Guarantee what will happen. You will sell at a loss, then the price will rise.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:46:44 PM

This reminds me of when I started buying BTC in the fall of 2011 at over 5 USD per BTC and then watched my investment drop to just over 2 USD per BTC for a drop of 60%!. At the time I chose to HOLD, and buy more.  Wink

Yes I have done very well, because I kept over 60% of my BTC.  My overall return is over 20,000% at the peak in late 2013. Over 10,000% now.  I have been holding with small purchases since October 2013. I made the "mistake" of selling some BTC too soon in early 2012 in the 20 USD range at a profit of over 300%.  It is a very wild ride to hold but well worth it over the long term.

Edit: Not very sure about selling at 3000 USD, having been burned before by selling too soon.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
sadghost909

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:49:54 PM

...it is an investment.

for example, if btc will lose about 20% of price just for week then people start to invest in it.  Week isn't too long interval and btc for sure will go up later. so btc may become a rich quick scheme, and if such waves of price will be repeated then more and more people start to use it.  Does that mean what btc will be a good investment and what about begin to invest now?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:53:11 PM

I know I shouldn't be replying to an obvious  troll thread but I think $650 isn't too shabby.

It's almost 10x what I paid for my first coins and almost 50% higher than what I paid for my last coins, and it seems ready for a big increase.

That's not a bad return in a year and a half despite missing out on $15 coins by being too cautious.

A little patience goes a long way.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

I know I shouldn't be replying to an obvious  troll thread but I think $650 isn't too shabby.

It's almost 10x what I paid for my first coins and almost 50% higher than what I paid for my last coins, and it seems ready for a big increase.

That's not a bad return in a year and a half despite missing out on $15 coins by being too cautious.

A little patience goes a long way.

The recent bear market from the over 1100 USD high is actually a very healthy correction. If the OP is trolling to get people to panic sell it is simply not working.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

...it is an investment.

for example, if btc will lose about 20% of price just for week then people start to invest in it.  Week isn't too long interval and btc for sure will go up later. so btc may become a rich quick scheme, and if such waves of price will be repeated then more and more people start to use it.  Does that mean what btc will be a good investment and what about begin to invest now?

To be clear, of course you can "invest" in bitcoin. But a lot of people seem to think that it was designed as an investment vehicle of some kind. It's just money, and the price is irrelevant in terms of it's utility. I have never known anyone to be dissatisfied with bitcoin when used as designed. However the people who show up asking "What computer buttons do I press to get rich?", they also seem to loose.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: