Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Probabilities, Batman!  (Read 1289 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:21:26 PM

I'm CPU mining litecoins at miningpool.com.

Some dude, a "MrDanny," isn't even ranked among the top 30 in hashing power.  Currently, #30 is getting 4 k/hash.

And yet, MrDanny managed to find 2 consecutive blocks within 58 seconds of each other.  

Number of shares between the 2 blocks?  ZERO.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 12:37:27 AM

I'm CPU mining litecoins

mods -- is there a policy regarding questions specific to individual alternate cryptocurrencies?  this bitcoin mining forum is getting a lot of unrelated posts like this.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:14:24 AM

I'm CPU mining litecoins

mods -- is there a policy regarding questions specific to individual alternate cryptocurrencies?  this bitcoin mining forum is getting a lot of unrelated posts like this.

Oh whatever.  Then move it.  It's in mining, and it's about probabilities which is very relevant to Bitcoin mining.

If you can't see the connection that's not my problem.  Or move it.  See if I care.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:15:17 AM

I'm CPU mining litecoins

mods -- is there a policy regarding questions specific to individual alternate cryptocurrencies?  this bitcoin mining forum is getting a lot of unrelated posts like this.

Oh whatever.  Then move it.  It's in mining, and it's about probabilities which is very relevant to Bitcoin mining.

If you can't see the connection that's not my problem.  Or move it.  See if I care.

Mining
Generating Bitcoins

Alternate cryptocurrencies
Discussion of cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. Note that discussion of how these currencies *relate to* Bitcoin may fit in other categories.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:17:13 AM

I'm CPU mining litecoins

mods -- is there a policy regarding questions specific to individual alternate cryptocurrencies?  this bitcoin mining forum is getting a lot of unrelated posts like this.

Oh whatever.  Then move it.  It's in mining, and it's about probabilities which is very relevant to Bitcoin mining.

If you can't see the connection that's not my problem.  Or move it.  See if I care.

Mining
Generating Bitcoins

Alternate cryptocurrencies
Discussion of cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. Note that discussion of how these currencies *relate to* Bitcoin may fit in other categories.

I...do...not...care.

Fine, I solved my 2nd Bitcoin block today.  Go me.  Happy?
kliffen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:12:21 AM

Eveofwar and Koin, who tickled your anuses? Gee guys, calm down. No need to be forumnazis
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 05:44:43 AM

Even though I don't have a problem with the post, the thing is that this could get out of hand pretty quickly. There's already a lot of crossover sometimes on the Namecoin stuff (or their was prior to merged mining back in August). It just seems like a better idea to apply the rules universally.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: