Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to DarkCoin?  (Read 3106 times)
E-valuta (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

What happened? It seemed it was going to stabilize at LTC value and all of a sudden it caved in.. caught hoax?  Huh
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:11:18 PM

Take it for what it is, your last chance to ever get a masternode
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:24:39 PM

People realizing the anonymous fad?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

BTC/USD also doesn't look good at cryptsy..

Post-Cosmic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Things move too fast in cryptospace for a dev team funded with at most 4-5digits of marketing / hiring / engineering $-capital to create an alt currency that actually has a chance to take a solid bite out of bitcoin's still growing userbase & merchant/venture infrastructure investment.

For that to happen, the development team & their product need to be even more professional-looking/confidence-inspiring, mass-marketed & well-designed than the best coins already are ; Look at how bitcoin, being the first therefore being associated with The Blockchain as #1 for any digital trustless transacting online, was able to get to that position - VISA/MasterCard/etc stopped growing.

You're looking for DRK & co. to repeat this monstrous success, yet the conditions are not there yet - especially while BTC adoption & infrastructure is still expanding at a good pace.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:22:47 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/drk_90.html

Darkcoin is doing fine, after strong correction (all new currencies pass a strong correction or die) is still at 5$ - 6$.

Development team is stronger than ever, and a clear roadmap ahead of us.

more info:

https://darkcointalk.org/forums/official-developer-thread.15
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:39:00 AM

Darkcoin is getting a massive update in around 3 weeks. Here's what's coming:

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

The last 2 are in the works, but it's not yet fully certain whether they will be ready in time for this particular update.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:41:27 AM

Exactly that
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:47:08 AM

Exactly that

It's not a fad. Retailers need it.
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-06/06/bitcoin-retail
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:07:36 AM

Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)

A new crypto?
So DrK is dead?
illodin

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:14:48 AM

A new crypto?
So DrK is dead?

What do you think "crypto" is?
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:16:05 AM

Darkcoin is one of the most promising coins out there. Masternode system +  anonymous transactions=revolutionary.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

Anonymity is a fad.  As well these technical explanations make absolutely no sense to the technologically illiterate or semi-literate.  For me, Bitcoin is already anonymous in that I never have to show any Government ID to create a wallet.  I don't see how having an optional ledger (or however Darkcoin works) results in more 'anonymity'.  It technically just removes all transparency and makes Darkcoin as bad as the banks and also invites illegal activity.

I'm bored to tears of all these strange people who want to bring in cryptos and make them worse than real life $Fiat.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
darkota

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:35:04 AM

Anonymity is a fad.  As well these technical explanations make absolutely no sense to the technologically illiterate or semi-literate.  For me, Bitcoin is already anonymous in that I never have to show any Government ID to create a wallet.  I don't see how having an optional ledger (or however Darkcoin works) results in more 'anonymity'.  It technically just removes all transparency and makes Darkcoin as bad as the banks and also invites illegal activity.

I'm bored to tears of all these strange people who want to bring in cryptos and make them worse than real life $Fiat.

It's either your comfortable being spied on, or you're trolling.

Bitcoin's blockchain is like an open book, even with Paypal, only the paypal employees can see what transactions you've had, with Bitcoin Everyone can see what transactions you've had. There is No privacy. Once you're identity is tied to an address, everyone on Earth can see what you do with you're money.

Maybe you like being spied on and having the world know what you're doing with your personal $, but I'm sure the majority of people want at least Some privacy.
darkota

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:37:26 AM

BTW, there are still ways to make sure anonymous coins aren't used for illegal activity.

How so, you may ask? The freaking exchanges that you use to trade coins. Years from now, exchanges will probably have to follow guidelines set forth by the government in the country they reside in...so governments like the U.S will monitor exchanges for large sums of $ being traded, to make sure it isn't being used for illegal activity like money laundering etc.

That's how it's gonna work.
TaunSew

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:39:48 AM

BTW, there are still ways to make sure anonymous coins aren't used for illegal activity.

How so, you may ask? The freaking exchanges that you use to trade coins. Years from now, exchanges will probably have to follow guidelines set forth by the government in the country they reside in...so governments like the U.S will monitor exchanges for large sums of $ being traded, to make sure it isn't being used for illegal activity like money laundering etc.

That's how it's gonna work.

Strong assumption that the only country in the world is the US.  It's inevitable that something like Darkcoin would be spent to facilitate human and organ trafficking in countries like Albania and Moldova, never mind fund terrorism in the Middle East.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:40:48 AM

Keep Calm Smiley
As you know, DRK project it's so strong and there are lots of noobs starting dumps that whales use to spread some fud to buy at low prices...

The best thing you can do is check the official and main thread of Darkcoin for latest news.
Now, is the time for Masternodes and to start taking some darks another time Wink

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:41:01 AM

looks like a classic mining control slow sell off to me.

this means they have real bag holders to sell to.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TaunSew

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

looks like a classic mining control slow sell off to me.

this means they have real bag holders to sell to.

That's the downside to PoW.  It's one thing when people were hobby mining in 2010.  In 2014 -  Professional miners dominate it now and they're lmost never long term holders.  They have overhead bills (electricity / bandwidth / hardware) and they tend to dump at the first opportunity and then move onto the next PoW coin.

PoW is so laughable but what's more funny is people still throw their money at PoW coins

illodin

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:45:10 AM

Did you read this? http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-06/06/bitcoin-retail
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: