Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 02:09:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zeusminer Blizzard on Mac  (Read 2148 times)
POLSKIJAN (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:54:31 PM

Me (and tons of other people across the net!) need some help getting Zeusminer Blizzards to work on Mac.

At the Zeusminer website they offer a USB driver and a version of CG miner for mac.
I've installed the USB driver and downloaded the CG miner for Mac.

Thats where the instructions end.

Double clicking on the CG miner mac version produces a terminal with this inside:

Last login: Wed Jul  2 19:46:06 on XXXXX
XXXXXXXX:~ XXXX$ /path/path/path/path ; exit;
-bash: //path/path/path/path: Operation not permitted
logout

[Process completed]

So I've done tons of research online. Someone mentioned HomeBrew so I downloaded that.

Homebrew actually made it so I can run the regular version of CG miner. So, At least I got that far. I can get it to display this:

cgminer version 4.3.3 - Started: [2014-07-02 19:17:56]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):0.000 (1m):0.000 (5m):0.000 (15m):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s
 A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
 Connected to coinotron.com diff 700 with stratum as user XXXXXXXXXXX
 Block: 24a4800c...  Diff:15.1K  Started: [19:43:00]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [ U ]SB management [ P ]ool management [ S ]ettings [ D ]isplay options [ Q ]uit
path/path/path/path
Invalid selection
Hotplug interval:5
0 USB devices, 0 enabled, 0 disabled, 0 zombie
[S ]ummary of device information
[E ]nable device
[D ]isable device
[U ]nplug to allow hotplug restart
[R ]eset device USB
[L ]ist all known devices
[B ]lacklist current device from current instance of cgminer
[W ]hitelist previously blacklisted device
[H ]otplug interval (0 to disable)
Select an option or any other key to return

But it won't recognize my Zeusminer Blizzard that I have plugged in.

Further research in the help files in CG miner it said if your device is not showing, run this command in terminal as macs natively block reading some USB devices. So I ran that command and still no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not the first person to run and ask for help but I feel like I have exhausted every article available on google with combinations of the terms "mac, cgminer, zeusminer, zeus, recognize, won't, device"

I know you guys can help!
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:01:01 PM

Bump?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 07:50:00 AM

Hi there - you can find instructions for mining with ZeusMiner ASICs on Mac OS X here:

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2014/07/08/litecoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-zeusminer-asics/

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
MadSquid

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:07:14 PM

Don't know if y'all have a solution or not yet, but I found that the best move is to abandon CGminer altogether. Go with BFGminer. I was totally stumped by the library 7.0.0 vice 8.0.0 issue, as well as the bad directory problem. Rather than using the exec I downloaded from Zeus (you'd think a user manual would be more useful), I followed the instructions on another site that explained how to do the same thing on a Zeus Cyclone with BFG. The command below will let you hash on CleverMiner, but you can change that to whatever you like. The username is just your BTC address, and password is literally whatever you like.

bfgminer -S noauto -S zus:all --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u YOUR-BTC-ADDRESS -p whatevz

Boom, just like that I was up and mining at 23Mh. Not mind blowing a year after your OP, I know, but still. Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: