Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] MPOE ETF - September Financial Report Available  (Read 14647 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 10:26:21 AM

Hi,

I am by no means trying to hijack, I just wanted to point out that I wrote a short bit about ETFs and would like to invite you to read it and maybe chime in:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68365.0

It seems that this is not an ETF, it's more like a bond?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:17:20 PM

Why does it seem it is "like a bond"?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

Why does it seem it is "like a bond"?

because its sole reason to exist is to raise money for another project, which isn't usually (at all) an ETFs directive. also, it aggregates some money (unlike bonds) but also pays dividends (interest), much like bonds.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:03:13 PM

From what I understand it raises capital (like a fund) to buy stocks (like a fund).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:08:51 PM

From what I understand it raises capital (like a fund) to buy stocks (like a fund).

mise well be, the mechanisms to issue more shares and rise capital are not the ones of an ETF in and by itself.
So it's more of an SPV (special purpose vehicle).

as an ETF-trader I cannot try NOT to nitpick in this regard, as the term ETF has some defining qualities to it that this product simply doesn't fulfill.
smickles (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 02:39:42 PM

Hi,

I am by no means trying to hijack, I just wanted to point out that I wrote a short bit about ETFs and would like to invite you to read it and maybe chime in:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68365.0

It seems that this is not an ETF, it's more like a bond?

Clearly, by your explanation, this is not an ETF.
Quote from: 2weiX
So it's more of an SPV (special purpose vehicle).
I wonder why you don't consider it, simply, a fund

EDIT: In any case, for the sake of transparency, there is no mechanism whereby I can change the ticker name or the text of the contract. So, unfortunately, the characters "ETF" must stay in both of those. I would like to point out that, in neither, does it actually use the words "exchange traded fund".

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:19:08 PM

So, unfortunately, the characters "ETF" must stay in both of those. I would like to point out that, in neither, does it actually use the words "exchange traded fund".
Seems like a minor issue in any case. It's a fund, it's traded on the exchange, that's that. Not the first semantic innovation to follow in the wake of bitcoin revolution.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:21:46 PM

So, unfortunately, the characters "ETF" must stay in both of those. I would like to point out that, in neither, does it actually use the words "exchange traded fund".
Seems like a minor issue in any case. It's a fund, it's traded on the exchange, that's that. Not the first semantic innovation to follow in the wake of bitcoin revolution.

I am in no way discrediting your service. I am just pointing out that calling it an "ETF" is like calling aluminum "silver" :-D
smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:29:52 PM

I am in no way discrediting your service. I am just pointing out that calling it an "ETF" is like calling aluminum "silver" :-D
Oh I did not feel like you were discrediting the fund at all. Actually, I'm happy to take any input from the community. In fact, your input has prompted me to change anywhere that I've found myself calling this fund an "exchange traded fund" to simply calling it a "fund".

Thank you  Smiley

smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 11:17:52 PM

Earlier we were discussing the possibility of new bylaws whereby shareholders would be allowed to decide the amount of capital raised to be put toward MPOE public offerings -and, de facto decide the amount of capital held for later offerings or secondary market acquisitions-. Were there any shareholders or potential shareholders who would like to continue this discussion?

smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 02:42:42 AM

I have updated the OP with a couple of notes.

smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:20:32 PM

The GLBSE charts have not updated for some time now, however

The fund has sold 336 shares, raising 33.6 btc so far.

Edit: 150 of these shares were sold through the depositary receipt I offer

smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 05:18:30 PM

The fund has sold 420 shares so far, raising 42 BTC.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:45:19 PM

None of this is showing up on the charts, strange...

smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 11:23:07 PM

None of this is showing up on the charts, strange...
Yes it is strange.

That's part of the reason why I have been announcing the number of shares sold.

It seems that none of the charts on GLBSE are updating, however, up to date data can be seen once logged in.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 02:09:07 PM

I'm just after getting back from London(gone since Tuesday), indeed charts.glbse.com is not showing any updates since the 12th.

For the moment, all the latest trades for GLBSE can be found on it's twitter feed here.

I'm contacting the operator of charts to find out what the story is.

Nefario

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 03:37:59 PM

I'm just after getting back from London(gone since Tuesday), indeed charts.glbse.com is not showing any updates since the 12th.

For the moment, all the latest trades for GLBSE can be found on it's twitter feed here.

I'm contacting the operator of charts to find out what the story is.

Nefario
Thanks for the update Nefario. I don't think I knew about the twitter account.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:03:01 PM

Well it's fixed now whatever it was.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 11:21:10 PM

GLBSE2.0 will be launching tomorrow, easy instructions on what to do (to migrate) will be provided.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
smickles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 01:32:50 AM

GLBSE2.0 will be launching tomorrow, easy instructions on what to do (to migrate) will be provided.

Nefario.
Thanks for the update Smiley

So far the fund has sold 460 shares raising 46 btc.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: