Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELLING] 1000 BTC for USD bank wire  (Read 1646 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2011, 02:22:40 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2011, 09:39:35 PM by casascius

I am soliciting an offer, I would like to sell 1000 BTC for whatever it could be purchased for at MtGox in visible orders at the time of deal via Federal Reserve bank wire.  You must pay first, but I will first provide you a legally binding signed agreement promising to deliver.

Perhaps you want some coins but are hesitant to wire money out of the country.  Why should you consider buying from me?

• I'm a real live individual living in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, lived here 20+ years.  Maybe I'm close enough for comfort.
  • If you were to send money to MtGox, the price might change significantly before you can execute your trade.
  • You'll skip the 0.65% fee (charged per party to each transaction for a total of 1.3%)
  • You'll have them in hand all at once, instead of needing to take 5 withdrawals over 5 days per MtGox's $1000/day limit.  Heaven forbid anything happen to MtGox, but there's comfort in your money taking a shorter ride.
  • You'll have a real live contract in hand, so you have legal recourse to ensure payment.  Digital signature is natively recognized within the free Adobe PDF reader, the same PDF reader used by most US courts.

Sample agreement: http://166.70.147.8/btc/AgreementToDeliverBitcoins.pdf

EDIT: updated to reactivate this offer which was previously marked as sold

Phone 801-255-2980

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 09:38:14 PM

Topping this, as I'm in the mood to sell a few BTC again.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: