Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:08:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could move to any country, which would you choose?  (Read 10804 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:47:50 PM

Austria. Seriously. It is just awesome from every aspect. Maybe missing some costal areas, but still!

Initscri (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

Austria. Seriously. It is just awesome from every aspect. Maybe missing some costal areas, but still!

Actually wouldn't mind moving there either. My grandmother originated from there and the tech industry isn't doing bad either (AFAIK).

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:54:39 PM

Actually wouldn't mind moving there either. My grandmother originated from there and the tech industry isn't doing bad either (AFAIK).

Yes, with siemens and infineon trying hard to expand, and multiple web-tech firms moving to vienna, it is really not bad environment for skilled people.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:56:57 PM

Yes, with siemens and infineon trying hard to expand, and multiple web-tech firms moving to vienna, it is really not bad environment for skilled people.

Well just googling "silicon valley vienna" (Silicon valley is the easiest way to find "tech startup" references) comes up with multiple blog posts and news articles on how people are trying to promote the tech sector in Vienna; trying to make their own silicon valley.

I've seen it happen in many cities. I'd have to admit, when I read this at first I couldn't believe it was happening to Vienna so I'm quite impressed.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:00:34 PM

Well just googling "silicon valley vienna" (Silicon valley is the easiest way to find "tech startup" references) comes up with multiple blog posts and news articles on how people are trying to promote the tech sector in Vienna; trying to make their own silicon valley.

I've seen it happen in many cities. I'd have to admit, when I read this at first I couldn't believe it was happening to Vienna so I'm quite impressed.

Also, with 5 times in a row winning "Best city in the world" , vienna isn't doing to shady as a city either Wink
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-quality-survey-idUSBREA1I1L920140219

(Haha I come of as a paid shill for austria )

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 02:55:57 AM

Also, with 5 times in a row winning "Best city in the world" , vienna isn't doing to shady as a city either Wink
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-quality-survey-idUSBREA1I1L920140219

(Haha I come of as a paid shill for austria )

Lol I probably come off as a paid shill for many other cities as well.

CounterStrike

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:45:04 AM

In a country where there is lots of river so I can get cheap electricity...
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:51:38 AM

The cheapest electricity is in countries that rely mostly on nuclear plants. Sad but true.

arcanum

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:28:27 PM

hungary because girls are too pretty  Embarrassed
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 12:37:21 PM

If you want pretty hungary girls, you also should move to austria, because all the pretty ones come here to either get a husband, a model career or become a prostitute Wink

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

I guess you're from hungary

I would disagree Cheesy

Looking for a signature campaign.
gordoh

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:37:57 PM

I would live in Israel if they didn't have missiles coming their way all the time. Beautiful country and the women are amazing!

But I would love to live in England, im a huge fan of the premier league and id love to be able to watch a game live one day before I die.
efreeti

Merit: 104

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

The cheapest electricity is in countries that rely mostly on nuclear plants. Sad but true.

Iceland currently has the cheapest electricity rate if I am not mistaken.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:02:04 PM

Thought that too, but according to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_pricing it is not true and the arabic countries lead the ranking. Fossil fuels seems to be the cheapest to make electricity Sad

247crypto

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

I'm fine in Mediterranean isle.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

I don't think you would want to set homebase there though:

"Due to the capital controls put in place in 2008 to stop money flight on the króna, buying and selling Bitcoin in Iceland, which appears to consider Bitcoin as a foreign currency, is Illegal.[citation needed] The Icelandic Central Bank confirmed that "it is prohibited to engage in foreign exchange trading with the electronic currency Bitcoin, according to the Icelandic Foreign Exchange Act",[29] however commentators suggest bitcoins mined within Iceland could be freely traded.[citation needed]"

unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:27:19 PM

US is still the best country in the world right now in term of comfort and service.
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:12:18 PM

Australia, because sky is so wide.

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:16:59 PM

Probably Australia...Great economy there and some decent weather.

Otherwise I would just move south in the states, I am in cold snowy Minnesota....
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:22:43 PM

Thailand or New Zealand. Both countries are like paradies Smiley

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: