Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:17:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox launches the definitive bitcoin checkout solution.  (Read 9319 times)
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:15:52 PM

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120306.html With Video tutorial.

Bitcoin brethren,

Since our beloved crypto-currency mushroomed in popularity last summer, we’ve seen many trail blazing merchants start accepting bitcoin; however admittedly, we haven’t seen the kind of bitcoin adoption in the online marketplace we expected to see. We feel this is largely because a critical element - a feature rich, quick to launch, checkout solution - was missing for merchants to easily start accepting bitcoin. With this in mind, we at Mt.Gox decided to take a kick at the can to see if we could dream up a solution that takes the head-ache out receiving payments in bitcoin. While we were at it, we also managed to find a way to remove all of the merchant-specific risk too...

We are pleased to announce the amalgamation of our efforts in the form of a definitive bitcoin checkout solution, and we’re finally ready to show it off in all of it’s bare-bones glory.

With Mt.Gox checkout merchants are able to easily integrate bitcoin into their existing e-Commerce platform. We’ll be kicking things off by offering a downloadable Magento plugin within the next 2 weeks, but plan to develop plugins for other popular e-Commerce solutions to bring bitcoin to all corners of the web. As for now, we have put up the documentation for early adopters on Mt.Gox’s bitcoin wiki page under the Merchant API section:

MtGox API: Merchant System

A little more about Mt.Gox checkout:

• Transactions are ridiculously free
  • Customers can pay in BTC from their Bitcoin program (6 confirmations)
  • Mt.Gox account holders can pay from their Mt.Gox accounts, allowing for instant checkout (and impulse buys, oh my’s)
  • Pay instantly via Mt.Gox Mobile’s QR scanner (great for people who don’t want to pay from their office workstation!)
  • Split payment capabilities: Wanna go halfers with your buddy on alpaca socks...now you can!
  • Partial payments: If you don’t have enough in your bitcoin program, you can top off the payment with your Mt.Gox BTC balance (or vice versa)
  • (Soon) Bitcoin prices are displayed in real-time relative to the merchants listed price in a traditional currency (USD, EUR, etc.)
  • (Soon) An instant trade-on-receipt function that cashes out bitcoins in 1 of 16 currencies
  • (Soon) Easily embed the “Mt.Gox Checkout” button into your existing checkout page.

We are really, really excited to offer this solution to existing merchants, and know it will be a huge boon to the bitcoin marketplace over the next few months.

There really isn’t a reason to suffer using Paypal any longer; bitcoin is here in a merchant friendly package, so we invite you to see the whole checkout process: thanks to this video Mt.Gox e-Commerce Solution from MtGox on Vimeo.

Questions and feedback are welcome at checkout@mtgox.com

Regards,

The Mt.Gox Team

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 02:30:17 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2012, 02:50:59 PM by Technomage

Nice work Mt. Gox. I guess Bitpay got its first real competitor. This is good for Bitcoin.

Edit: Although I must add that I don't like the fact that more and more Bitcoin usage is centralized to one place. Overall I think this is good for Bitcoin, we need more convenient and cheap services to support the Bitcoin economy.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:31:00 PM

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120306.html With Video tutorial.

Bitcoin brethren,

Since our beloved crypto-currency mushroomed in popularity last summer, we’ve seen many trail blazing merchants start accepting bitcoin; however admittedly, we haven’t seen the kind of bitcoin adoption in the online marketplace we expected to see. We feel this is largely because a critical element - a feature rich, quick to launch, checkout solution - was missing for merchants to easily start accepting bitcoin. With this in mind, we at Mt.Gox decided to take a kick at the can to see if we could dream up a solution that takes the head-ache out receiving payments in bitcoin. While we were at it, we also managed to find a way to remove all of the merchant-specific risk too...

We are pleased to announce the amalgamation of our efforts in the form of a definitive bitcoin checkout solution, and we’re finally ready to show it off in all of it’s bare-bones glory.

With Mt.Gox checkout merchants are able to easily integrate bitcoin into their existing e-Commerce platform. We’ll be kicking things off by offering a downloadable Magento plugin within the next 2 weeks, but plan to develop plugins for other popular e-Commerce solutions to bring bitcoin to all corners of the web. As for now, we have put up the documentation for early adopters on Mt.Gox’s bitcoin wiki page under the Merchant API section:

MtGox API: Merchant System

A little more about Mt.Gox checkout:

• Transactions are ridiculously free
  • Mt.Gox account holders can pay from their Mt.Gox accounts, allowing for instant checkout (and impulse buys, oh my’s)
  • Pay instantly via Mt.Gox Mobile’s QR scanner (great for people who don’t want to pay from their office workstation!)
  • Split payment capabilities: Wanna go halfers with your buddy on alpaca socks...now you can!
  • Partial payments: If you don’t have enough in your bitcoin program, you can top off the payment with your Mt.Gox BTC balance (or vice versa)
  • (Soon) Bitcoin prices are displayed in real-time relative to the merchants listed price in a traditional currency (USD, EUR, etc.)
  • (Soon) An instant trade-on-receipt function that cashes out bitcoins in 1 of 16 currencies
  • (Soon) Easily embed the “Mt.Gox Checkout” button into your existing checkout page.

We are really, really excited to offer this solution to existing merchants, and know it will be a huge boon to the bitcoin marketplace over the next few months.

There really isn’t a reason to suffer using Paypal any longer; bitcoin is here in a merchant friendly package, so we invite you to see the whole checkout process: thanks to this video Mt.Gox e-Commerce Solution from MtGox on Vimeo.

Questions and feedback are welcome at checkout@mtgox.com

Regards,

The Mt.Gox Team

Great work Mark! Undoubtedly a much needed feature for the Bitcoin community. AurumXchange might be using it very soon for some of our services!

Thanks
Roberto
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:50:14 PM

This sounds great.

I wonder what the '6 confirmations' means. Will it take 6 confirmations until my purchase goes through if I use Bitcoin?
If this is the case the video is not a good use-case for buying a map to the nearest Starbucks.
Is this to avoid double spends or is this to promote Mt.Gox accounts?

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 02:59:37 PM

Another fantastic product from the Tibanne and MtGox team

Go Gox Go!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 03:07:43 PM

This sounds great.

I wonder what the '6 confirmations' means. Will it take 6 confirmations until my purchase goes through if I use Bitcoin?
If this is the case the video is not a good use-case for buying a map to the nearest Starbucks.
Is this to avoid double spends or is this to promote Mt.Gox accounts?

The number of confirmations should be custom. For some things (an exchange) 6 is reasonable, for access to a cheap download it completely wrecks the service and ought be 0 confirmations. For most things that are being shipped customer should get a message that they are paid after 0 confirmations and the merchant should get the go ahead after 6 or whatever.

But I haven't even used it, maybe the definitive solution already allows this.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:14:51 PM

The number of confirmations should be custom. For some things (an exchange) 6 is reasonable, for access to a cheap download it completely wrecks the service and ought be 0 confirmations. For most things that are being shipped customer should get a message that they are paid after 0 confirmations and the merchant should get the go ahead after 6 or whatever.

This configuration is to be set on the merchant side. Our Magento module (and any module we release after that) will include this setting.

Right now we only allow two values, either confirm payment at 0 confirmations (instantly when the transaction is seen) or at 6 confirmations. Note that when sending from an MtGox account, there is no need for confirmations.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:20:53 PM

Thanks for your contribution to the community Tux! Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:21:10 PM

I don't mean to hate on whoever did up the video (it's great), but you might want to consider dubbing it with a voice that is more easily understood - a native English speaker for instance.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 03:27:46 PM

This configuration is to be set on the merchant side. Our Magento module (and any module we release after that) will include this setting.

Right now we only allow two values, either confirm payment at 0 confirmations (instantly when the transaction is seen) or at 6 confirmations. Note that when sending from an MtGox account, there is no need for confirmations.

Nice.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:39:38 PM

That french accent makes want to puke  Lips sealed

Also, Prestashop module please Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:46:39 PM

sounded like someone with a French accent.  Mark?  Wink

i'm really impressed that Mark has continued to move forward with mtgox and innovations despite all the pressures, hacks, complaints, and adverse events over the last year. 

i think Mark has nerves of steel and turns out to be just the kind of person we needed to run mtgox.
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 04:01:35 PM

Very nice. Can't wait to see the first shops start to use it.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 04:05:35 PM

I noticed the example in the video is a microtransaction valued around 25 cents. This is a significant distinction from other payment options.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 04:17:11 PM

I don't mean to hate on whoever did up the video (it's great), but you might want to consider dubbing it with a voice that is more easily understood - a native English speaker for instance.

I love the french video, it makes me want to watch it over and over  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 04:30:44 PM

I noticed the example in the video is a microtransaction valued around 25 cents. This is a significant distinction from other payment options.

^ This! And I can't wait until more realize it.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 06:41:59 PM

Did they hire Jean Dujardin for the voice over the video ?

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:15:06 PM

what is the process like on customer's end paying with MTGOX account balance? is it similar to PP's login and confirm?
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:55:10 PM

LMAO
awesome accent
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:57:22 PM

what is the process like on customer's end paying with MTGOX account balance? is it similar to PP's login and confirm?
Pretty much, the video shows the details.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: