Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st bitcoin transaction=scammed-- fire sale  (Read 2097 times)
hanjis (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:29:35 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2012, 03:11:46 PM by hanjis

So, my very first bitcoin transaction was me getting scammed out of $200USD Sad
lesson learned but it will be two weeks until I get my check, and I would like to grab some bitcoin now if possible.

Serial Keys(legal)

Abobe Photoshop CS5
Tuneup Utilities 2012
Nero 11 Platinum
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Vietnam
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Half Life 2
Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots
Pro evolution soccer 2012

I have an xbox live account with a bunch of full games on up for sale.

Battlefield 1943™
FortressCraft Chapter 1   (like minecraft)
Serious Sam HD: TFE
Kodu Game Lab (make your own 360 games)   
Battle: Los Angeles   
DR2: CASE ZERO
What The?!   
Deadliest Warrior
Perfect Shooting Training Camp   
Figure 8 Racing
Monster Talk   
Rainbow Ball into Adventure
Devil Blood   
Game Room   
Destination: Arcade   
Four Corners   

Jack the Pumpkin King Costume   
NinjaBee Grey Pants   
Heads Will Roll Cap
I AM AWAKE Dev tee

Xbox theme - Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

You buy, recover account to your xbox and enjoy all of these games free of charge...

Is this something anybody here would be interested in owning?

I am open to any amount of bitcoin.

donations are appreciated as always - 1DBQVVzuX7V5yTixnHeZrR78zFGdyPu4zr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 11:24:53 PM

You claim to have been scammed but you give no details.

You've been a member for less than 24 hours, so did this 'scam' occur during your first several hours of being a member or was it before you became a member?

How did you get scammed?

Was it by a member from this forum?

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:20:33 AM

I would like to know the answers to the previous poster questions, also.

Interested in the Photoshop CS5 key Smiley
draco49

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 02:10:57 AM

Nice sales pitch...  Undecided
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 02:28:41 AM

Buying serial numbers that could have been easily skimmed from seller's place of work, shelf surfing the Gamestop before re-shrinkwrapping, or just obtained off a software pirate site? Might as well pirate it yourself, because an email with a serial number is not proof of ownership in any way that matters.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 02:47:12 AM

Buying serial numbers that could have been easily skimmed from seller's place of work, shelf surfing the Gamestop before re-shrinkwrapping, or just obtained off a software pirate site? Might as well pirate it yourself, because an email with a serial number is not proof of ownership in any way that matters.

Oh... I'm not that stupid. I will need the invoice also Smiley No invoice, no deal Wink

But before even thinking about asking the price of a key I want an answer to those questions lol
TizzyTazzy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:50:24 AM

Wow you guys are really cutting this guys throat into pieces.. But I too would like to hear your scam story.

TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 11:24:07 AM

How were you scammed?Huh  Huh

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

Lawl.

"I was scammed! *Distraction technique* By the way, would you like some oil that cures all that ails you? It comes from snakes!"

hanjis (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:15:44 PM

You claim to have been scammed but you give no details.

You've been a member for less than 24 hours, so did this 'scam' occur during your first several hours of being a member or was it before you became a member?

How did you get scammed?

Was it by a member from this forum?

It was the site auto-xchanger.com. I found them on google a week before I found this forum.
I was going to try converting pp into liberty reserve, and then LR into bitcoin,but I talked to someone on that sites chat and they told me it is simply faster just to send paypal payment as a "gift" and they would just send me bitcoin directly.

after they confirmed payment, they told me the bitcoin system is very slow, and that they sent the coins but I must wait for my system to catch up.

I know, should have researched more first, but I was excited to learn about this currency.

Every time I go to the site, they tell ask me how they can help me, i give my info, and then they ignore me.

I'm not very smart about this type of crap, so if someone knows how to get my "gift" back, please let me know.
casio

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 01:07:36 PM

you just gave money in "cash" to a guy you dont know.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 01:36:40 PM

after they confirmed payment, they told me the bitcoin system is very slow, and that they sent the coins but I must wait for my system to catch up.

I'm not very smart about this type of crap, so if someone knows how to get my "gift" back, please let me know.

What you need to do is put your bitcoin address in the search box on http://blockexplorer.com/. That will show your Bitcoin account balance. Indeed you may have been sent money and not have waited for all the transaction blocks to download on your Bitcoin client.
hanjis (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:49:57 PM

What you need to do is put your bitcoin address in the search box on http://blockexplorer.com/. That will show your Bitcoin account balance. Indeed you may have been sent money and not have waited for all the transaction blocks to download on your Bitcoin client.

Nope, not showing on there. Guess I'm just screwed?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 04:53:55 PM

Since you're, in your own words, "not very smart about this type of crap," you could paste your address here to have its balance independently verified.

Still around.
hanjis (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

Since you're, in your own words, "not very smart about this type of crap," you could paste your address here to have its balance independently verified.

Are you mocking me, or making a serious request?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 05:38:50 PM

Seriously, if you got scammed we would like to try to help you.  First thing, post here the address you gave the guy.  The address he was supposed to use to send the BTC to you.

Next, do you have any emails or chat logs you can post?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 07:01:20 PM

I think he means it. Post your address here and we could take a look exactly what happened. Include any information you have on that person or entity so we can see if what can be done.
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 07:39:05 PM

I thought even Paypal Gifts could be reversed?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

I think he means it. Post your address here and we could take a look exactly what happened. Include any information you have on that person or entity so we can see if what can be done.

Yes, I was serious. I've seen recent bitcoin converts misunderstand how blockexplorer works.

Still around.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 08:24:45 PM

Just a note the original poster. Don't take it personally that everyone is suspicious of you. It is just that you are not known yet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: